AmLactin 12%

AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.7

on 7/17/2018 5:25:00 PM

What impresses me the most about this body lotion is how effective it is. Anytime I see noticeable results after using something just one time, I know I've found something good.

I bought a bottle of Amlactin because I had some rough patches and some discoloration that I wanted to get rid of. The rough patches vanished literally the next day, and the discoloration was significantly faded. That was after one use. I've continued to use this lotion off-and-on for the last few months, and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. It's very moisturizing too!

Four lippies instead of five because I do have a few complaints. This lotion goes on a little sticky at first. The stickiness goes away after a few minutes, but then the smell kicks in. This stuff smells very strongly of ammonia! And that's not a pretty smell. The smell fades after 45 minutes or so, but that's why I don't use this lotion all the time.

My last complaint is about the price. Man, this stuff is expensive! But it works beautifully and I have to say that I'd buy it again.

on 12/12/2017 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought Amlactin for KP on my arms. It didn’t work for me. (MUAC glycolic body lotion does) But I still used it on my body because it’s an excellent moisturizer. In fact, of all the mainstream lotions and homemade exotic body butters/oils I’ve tried, this is the best moisturizer I’ve ever used. Hands down.

Then one day tried it on my face. I am NOT a fan of cream/lotion on my face, I hate them, really. I use oils to moisturize and cleanse and have been for a decade. But I really love the Amlactin!
If you have dry, flaky, dehydrated skin and you want to put something on that will absorb fully, leave your skin soft and plump and possibly do some work on tone and texture, this is it. Before using Amlactin, my face could stand to be moisturized with oils at least 2 times a day, maybe 3. It’s just dehydrated and can get dry. Amlactin leaves my skin soft and plump for like 24 hours. It banishes crepey-ness, any flakes, it plumps lines and is really helping with my skin tone.

Of course, it contains mineral oil and 12% ammonium lactate, and it’s very rich on the skin, so it’s probably not ideal for everyone. But I love it. Just a tiny bit, a dime size on freshly washed skin. It absorbs, doesn’t leave a silconey film. I don’t use it every day because I use other actives like Retin a, C E Ferulic and occasional Mandelic peels. Probably about 3-4 times a week.

Ounce for ounce it’s way cheaper than other lactic acid face creams, and I love how it leaves my skin. The MUAC glycolic body lotion works wonders on my KP, but it’s nowhere near as moisturizing and softening as Amlactin. I’ve ordered 2 more bottles recently because I love it that much. I use it head to toe.

I cant put into words how highly I recommend and love Amlactin. Put aside the Cerave and Ceptapil and E45, and try this.

It’s rated pretty well on cosdna, and reviewed highly on acne.org.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Made all the KP on my arms and legs go away in about 3 days. My skin has never been this soft - it's crazy smooth and I can't stop touching myself! This lotion takes some getting used to but it's worth it to stick it out. First, it doesn't smell great. It's an ammonia smell that doesn't quickly dissipate, but it does eventually fade away. I follow up with a layer of LUSH Karma Cream, a strongly scented lotion and that seems to solve the smell issue. Second, it's leaves skin tacky in the beginning and if you use too much. It took a solid month of everyday use for my skin to finally adjust or for me to figure out the perfect amount. Third, you have to shake the bottle well first, which I was not used to doing in the beginning. Now I'm a pro. I think manual exfoliation 3x/week (I like to use a Korean Italy Towel or a Japanese Hard Towel) also helps. Note I've manually exfoliated for years with mild improvement on KP, but the addition of AmLactin has finally been the magic bullet that has obliterated it. My only dissapointment is that I thought it would also help with "strawberry legs". There's been some very, very, very minor improvement, But nothing anyone would notice, but me.

on 5/3/2017 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse

This product has transformed my skin completely. I have had chronic dry, scaly, flaky skin on my body with rough patches on my knees and elbows my entire life. After using this for a week, I could see the difference in my skin. After a few months of use, I felt like I had entirely new skin. I use this on my body daily after I shower, and it has moisturized my dry scaly skin. Previously I had only had partial luck with thick heavy creams, so I was skeptical about this lighter weight lotion producing results, but it works!

Pros:
Moisturizes and eliminates dry scaly skin like no other product
Improves skin texture from scaly and flaky to soft, smooth and even
Reduces body acne

Cons:
The scent is pretty awful, it dissipates but takes some time to get used to. It sometimes creates a weird earthy sour smell in combination with citrus fragrance notes.
On the driest days of winter, I still have to layer on a thicker body butter over top of this thinner lotion. I've tried the Amlactin cream formulation and it just doesn't sink in and have the same effect as using 2 separate products

on 5/4/2014 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love love love this stuff. I get the gigantic bottle from Costco and keep it in my shower. I turn off the water and just lather myself with this. It works wonders for dry skin and ingrown hair, both of which are a problem for me. I also coat my feet with it, and it helps keep my toes looking pedicure-fresh.

This is one of the best pharmacy finds out there.

on 9/24/2013 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I bought a huge bottle of this at Costco for around $20, so although it's still kind of pricey for a body lotion, it wasn't outrageously priced. This lotion is amazing, as it simultaneously moisturizes and exfoliates my skin. Using it daily on my legs makes them glow more than the shimmery body lotion I used to use on them. Regular usage also helps to fight and prevent bikini bumps and keratosis pilaris. It does sting if I use it on broken skin, and it doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but the smell doesn't bother me. Overall, I really love this product.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid Neutralized With Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose. continued >>

on 7/14/2012 3:56:00 AM

Amazing stuff, just wish it didn't smell like cat pee...

on 5/15/2011 11:30:00 AM

I have been using the body cream version of this product for a couple of months now and I'm quite impressed. I have dry skin and this is moisturizing, but also has exfoliating properties that smooth my skin. My skin looks glowing and feels terrific--I can't wait for summer!

As many reviewers have already commented, the smell is a bit of a turn-off...it has a sour milk/ammonia odor to it, but the smell fades rapidly. I do have to admit though, most of the time, I apply this, let it soak in for a few minutes, and then I apply Clarins Baume Corps Super Hydratant lotion, which smells fabulous and increases the softness of my skin.

One thing I have discovered when using this product is that I can't use it immediately after I have used a scrub exfoliator. My skin is too sensitive and I develop red bumps all over. So I just skip this on the days I use a scrub and no problem.

I was hoping this would fade some of the light brown spots that are on my hands, arms, and chest, but so far I haven't seen a noticeable difference.

This product is definitely worth the price, but be sure to go to the website and print the coupon before purchasing--but it will only let you do this a couple of times.

on 3/7/2011 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Since I ran out of my Alpha Hydrox last month, and my local Walgreens don't seem to carry their version of AH anymore, I saw this on the shelf and picked up the 4.9 fl oz tube. It seems to be intended for body use but I checked out the ingredients, saw the pH of 4.5 (which is the same as AH) and the other ones like mineral oil and glycerin, which my dry and sensitive skin loves.
I've been using it for this entire month on my face (and my feet, I might add) and I LOVE it. It's more cost effective than AH and works just as well, if not better. My skin has fewer bumps and clogged pores, and no flakes at all. I don't manually exfoliate in addition to this because I have fairly sensitive skin and am prone to broken capillaries, so I have to rely on chemical exfoliation. This is 99.9% better than any face cream out there on the market...but shhhh....before everybody finds out and they raise the price.
Im attaching a recent picture of me, people say my skin looks pretty good...I'm 38.
UPDATE: This is the first product I've ever cut open the tube when I couldn't squeeze any more of it out to scrape it off the inside--it's that good. HG material for me.

on 2/19/2011 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Overall, this product is so effective, that it has changed my life. I read the previous reviews and decided to try this on my face. When I went to purchase this lotion, I was a little shocked by the price tag for a drugstore product, but purchased it anyway. I noticed an immediate difference from the first application. I have been using it a little over a week now. I apply this under my makeup in the morning and I no longer need to worry about my facial oil (I previously had to touch up all day long, despite using expensive oil control products and retin-A, etc). This is the only product that has worked for me in that regard. In that sense, it was life changing, because my facial oil was a constant worry for me. I now use it everywhere, and my hands have also never been so soft. It also works great as an eye cream. Also, it is the only product that has cleared my back acne. Has eliminated the need for multiple products and really streamlined my routine. If you have any of the problems that I had, please try this.