AmLactin 12%

Filtered by age: 30-35
 AmLactin 12%
AmLactin 12%Amlactin MeAmLactin 12%

4.3

This stuff is a lifesaver. After putting on shorts and venturing outside into natural light for the first time after this very harsh winter, I discovered that my legs were a mess. They were covered in both red and flesh colored bumps and my skin tone was terrible, bordering on sallow. Knowing I would need to have my legs exposed in a dress at a spring wedding, I purchased the generic formula lotion at CVS for the KP on my legs, hips, arms, and the backs of my hands.

I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I also wasn't expecting the results I received. Within a week of nightly use, I ventured outside again to discover that my skin tone was much more even and the bumps had greatly reduced. Within another week, my skin looks better than it has in years. I still have some flesh colored bumps in my legs, but they are hardly noticeable. I anticipate that they will go away with continued use of the lotion. My hands are now completely clear of KP.

I have extremely sensitive skin and was afraid that I would experience irritation. Not only have had no irritation, but I started mixing a small drop of this lotion into my nightly Cerave PM moisturizer two times a week and wake up with glowing skin. I have perioral dermatitis and I am acne prone but I have experienced no reaction in using this on my face. I am pretty impressed.

The smell is kind of gross...I think it smells like glue. However, it dissipates in 5-10 minutes and doesn't linger. I only use the lotion before bed (post-shower), so the odor is a non-issue for me.

While the price is high for body lotion (even the generic), I really wish I would have discovered this product sooner. Since it does what it says, the price is worth it.

on 12/20/2013 12:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Definitely not the most pleasant lotion in the world to use. Apparently sodium lactate is hydrophilic? meaning that it draws moisture into the skin, which is good, but it also explains the tacky, sticky feeling those of us in moist climates experience. At one time I swore to myself that after I finished the bottle I would never buy it again because I was so sick of the clammy, sticky feeling of having my pajamas cling to me for hours after I applied it, but then I discovered that the stickiness is much less annoying if I apply it right after a shower. Not gone entirely, mind you, but not nearly as bad.

Since that discovery I plan to re-buy, at least for use in the winter (In hot weather when I'm already sweaty it's just too miserable) because this stuff really does mean business. I already had a habit of exfoliation, every time I shower with a Salux, and I was skeptical that a chemical exfoliant could make much difference but it really does. Not only is my skin very soft and smooth, alternating the AHA in Amlactin with a salicylic acid solution eliminates breakouts on my body, evens my skin tone and fades marks.

HG for me. Most moisterizers are just fluff, they are loaded with preservatives and other ingredients that don't do much but smell good. This moisturizer DOES something. I have moderate KP, it gets really bad on my upper legs and this is the only thing that helps. A day without this, my skin feels rough. I am considering purchasing the Ultra though since I move to a drier climate.

on 3/25/2013 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

AmLactin is a holy grail product for me. I live in the desert so my skin is dry and tight after I get out of the shower. I use AmLactin on my legs, arms, and hands - no more tightness and no more dryness! This product exfoliates my skin and I have even noticed my dry cuticles look and feel so smooth and healthy. This is a must for dry, scaly skin - I will never be without. The only minor downside is the smell - it smells of plastic but this eventually diminishes throughout the day. A must for healthy, glowy skin!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Really good at smoothing out the skin, i use it on my face a few times a week too. Has greatly helped to fade the dark spots on my chest and back and helps to rid my elbows and front of thighs of the small bumps i sometimes have (Keratosis). A bit pricey but worth it to prepare your back and chest for low slung summer tops and dresses.

on 1/27/2013 9:57:00 PM

I bought AmLactin a month ago from Amazon. I bought a 17.6 ounce bottle and paid $19 plus shipping.

I initially purchased this because it supposed to be comparable to the very expensive face cream La Mer. I planned to use it all over my face. I also read that it is great for the bumps on the back of the arms caused from either ingrown hairs or clogged follicles.

I do not use it on my entire face because I think it did cause me to have zits the first few times I used it all over. However, when I use my at home chemical peel I follow it up with AmLactin on my cheeks. Amazing results! My cheeks are soooo smooth. I couldn't be happier! Following the peel, it does burn a bit, but I kind of like that. It will also burn on zits. The back of my arms...amazing! I am 30-years-old and have had red bumps on my arms since middle school. I thought it was just a way of life. THEY ARE GONE! I barely have a bump at all! I use it on my arms and legs daily. It also cleared up some razor burn I had on my legs right above my knee.

The packaging...who cares?? It's lotion! I highly recommend this for body and in moderation on your face.

on 12/11/2012 8:19:00 PM

I started buying the 22oz pump bottle off ebay for $20 with shipping, it's the best price I've found for a decent amount of this pricey lotion. It is pricey, but it works wonderfully, and when you think about it, compared to other acid lotions, if bought in large quantities, it is the most affordable option I've found. It cleared up the bumps on my legs from shaving that I've had issues with for years in about a month of regular use. I use it 3-4 times a week right now and that is enough to maintain the results. My whole body is wonderfully smooth now. The only downfall, other than the price, is that it can smell pretty awful for the first 20 minutes or so. I have to sit naked and let it air in order for it to fade. It can smell a bit like cat pee at first, which I know is just the high acid content. Fortunately this smell does disappear, leaving no trace of scent at all, so I can wear it during the day which is also a plus. Finding a non-stinky lactic acid lotion is hard.

on 11/8/2012 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

PRO'S:

*Probably the strongest humectant I've ever encountered.

The pro's end there.

CON'S:
*Expensive for what it is.
*Stinks, smells like plastic, like the smell of opening a fresh box of Ziplock sandwich bags.
*On the body it smells sour, like stinky shoes and socks. (i.e. B.O.)
*Since this product amounts to being little more than just a prescription strength humectant, on the body it feels like being in the most humid, sticky, and uncomfortable climate imaginable. (i.e. makes me feel gross and grimy)
*I must wash my hands after applying this, or my palms will feel "sweaty" and wet forever.
*No noticeable positive results from using this product, no exfoliation that I noticed.

For my feet, I got exfoliation and better results with a cheap over-the-counter glycolic acid cream.

I'm not really a fan of humectants even in their mildest form, and that's all this product is in my book: A humectant. If you like the idea of all the moisture in the air clinging to your body, then you'll probably love this product.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I break out on my chest and back and this stuff really clears it up. The only problem i have is it doesnt smell that great but for smooth skin I think ill deal with it. I put it on my face too and it seems to smooth my skin up .

on 1/17/2012 2:39:00 PM

I rarely write any reviews but had to about this product. This product is amazing!!! I can't get enough of it. I put it all over my face and body every night and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin. I also have KP and it helped tremendously. Besides rare cases as the one below (with extremely sensitive skin) this lotion will work wonders.

Popular Lotions / Creams