AmLactin Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion

3.6

on 4/27/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have atopic dermatitis (or eczema) and my dermatologist recommended this to me. I have been using this for 4 years, and I LOVE it. It helps to moisturize and remove those dark rough patches from scratching my arms and legs out. But beware, DO NOT USE THIS AFTER YOU SHAVE. It will STING. The first year of using it it stung so badly, but now I'm used to it. I just love it. Weirdly, in summer it's a bit too heavy to the point my arms and legs are sweating (which I don't do) and in winter it's just too light ( I have to use a body butter over it). But if you have normal skin, you will be okay.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used it for two weeks on my kp, applying it twice a day and it did nothing for it. I'm sick of spending so much money on treatments that don't work. Im done.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

First off I actually have something from the dermatologist but it's basically the same thing. My Dad has cracked hands really bad so he was prescribed this and we have it in bulk. One day I was really itchy since my skin tends to be dry and I read the label and decided to try it. At first I had kind of an unpleasant tingly sensation that went away with the first minute or so, and I continued to apply it to my whole body and face. Noting has made my skin so healthy looking and feeling, I usually just by big jars of aquaphor and apply it daily. I did notice it didn't smell the best however it fades away once it dries. I've been applying this every night for a week and it's amazing, I'm seeing less blackheads and acne. My skin has never been smoother.

I liked it for the first few days I used it. I have keratosis pilaris, and it seemed to ease the bumps and redness. Sadly, a week later, my skin broke into a flaming rash and began to peel. Will not repurchase, and will continue to look for a cure for my KP.

on 2/20/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Overall, good product.
It definitely smooths out my skin and makes it feel a lot less bumpy. However, I have KP (like many of the people here) and this unfortunately did not get rid of them. I was not expecting a complete removal but was hoping that they would subside at least. It mostly just got rid of the redness and made it smoother. Would repurchase unless I found a better product.

on 11/22/2009 5:44:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 3 months, and it did help clear up my keratosis pillaris. The KP on my upper arms is the type where my little arm hairs get stuck in the pores and coil up, leaving a dark brownish bump. There's a small bit of hardened *stuff* in the pore as well.

My KP got better only after I started SLATHERING this stuff on. Don't go for the wimpy amount that you use for most lotions, it won't work with this lotion. Use enough so that you have to stand there and rub it in for a minute or two. Kind of annoying, but when I put up with it for a few weeks, I saw drastic improvements in my KP. However, it does not do much, if anything at all, for the hyperpigmentation left behind.

I used this years ago, and stopped because it got to be a little $$ for nice skin. I turned to Gold Bond or something equally ugly and utilitarian. It's winter in New England now, and my calves are scaly (gross, I know!), my arms are bumpy (KP?? maybe), and my skin in general would be tight and flaky. To combat this, I'd just pile on more lotion. Finally made the switch back to amlactin and wowza!! Missing out!!! I've been using it for almost three weeks, and my skin is SMOOTH everywhere! But not the just-put-on-lotion-smooth. It feels like NEW skin, thanks to the exfoliation from lactic acid. yayay!! Sure it smells a little, but it's a very small price to pay...

Popular Lotions / Creams