Frederic Fekkai Smooth Hair

3.9

Water (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Propylene Glycol, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Stearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Isohexadecane, Diisopropyl Adipate, Phenyltrimethicone, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Panthenol, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Calendula (Calendula Officinalis) Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Cinnamidopropyl Trimethyl Ammonium Chloride, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance, Benzophenone 4, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

I bought a bottle of this at Marshall's for $10. Wal-Mart carries it for $20. I like it a lot but would not pay upwards of $30, which is what some places are asking for it. It is comparable to the Aveda smoothing lotion, although I actually like this better as I think it smells better! It really does have a nice, light scent. For those of you who are putting it into damp hair, it does not work as well! I have very fine, straight hair that tends to frizz and get badly tangled. It is especially frizzy when I curl it, which is why I love this product. I dry may hair, curl and then apply a SMALL amount to my hair and it calms down the frizz and I get nice, relaxed ringlets. It is also shinier and, this is the biggie for me, I can drive around with my windows open and the tangles brush right out. Otherwise I am working for a long time with a brush and lots of wincing and watery eyes. It does this without weighing my hair down, making it appear greasy, or giving it that gummy feel that I've noticed from some detanglers. So if you don't like it on damp hair, try adding it after your hair is dry and I think you will notice more of a difference!

I bought this on clearance (at a dirt cheap price compared to Amazon) at my local Target, and with having super thick red hair, this stuff works wonders! I'm really depressed, though, that it was discontinued, but thankful that at least I can find it online, just not for what I paid for. A wee bit (pea to penny sized) in my hand, a few good swipes through my hair and I'm done. Great for after straightening, in which I also use Fekkai's Straight Away balm to blow dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy hell! I loooove this stuff. I bought it on clearance at target and used it sorta unconventionally.. I have curly hair that's fine = stiff nest or frizz puff... This product saves my curls. I get out of the shower and while super wet I comb and use a penny size amount of old school biosilk and then use a pea sized amount of this cream... A little big sexy hair spray mousse and let it dry. I have the most beautiful beachy flowing curls!

Love this product and would be gutted if it is ever discontinued. I use a little prior to blow drying and straightening. It completely controls my flyaways and does not weigh down my hair at all. Can't recommend highly enough to anyone with fine hair. I have even had compliments on my hair since I started using this, which given my hair usually misbehaves pretty badly says alot. Bouncy, shiny, yummy smelling hair YAY

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I honestly can't say I notice a difference using this product - I think I just use it because it makes me feel like I've done something to my hair.

The texture and smell are nice enough but I'm sure I could achieve the same (if not better) results with another (cheaper) product. Thank goodness I received this as a gift and didn't pay for it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just tried this product for the first time, and I am in love with the smell. Reminds me of something from my childhood but cannot put my finger on it. I am reviewing this product not for its function as a hair cream, but for its smell, which is heavenly. I agree with another reviewer who said it would be nice if they sold this as a perfume. (Does anyone know of a perfume that smells like this?)

This is a solid, multitasking hair cream. It's more effective on dry hair as a defrizzer and on wet hair as a hardcore detangler or leave in conditioner. I've started using it more on wet hair, then a dab once my style is completed. It hasn't left me greasy so far and has a nice but not overpowering smell. Fekkai products have always gotten along well with my hair so it shouldn't surprise anyone that I gave this a high rating. I can use it either on my hair when it's been styled and straightened or as a pick me up/defrizzer when I wear it natural, so that's definitely a perk. Also, the bottle is pretty big so it lasts quite awhile.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have tried every type of hair cream on the market..or close to it. I received FF samples twice from sephora, and one of them was the glossing cream. And I was so in love with the scent I did not want to stop using it but I had to because it made my hair lifeless...it was too heavy so I gave it to my daughter's to try.

I just happened to be at Target the other day and I saw this in the aisle, the Smoothing Cream which I had not seen before and I am in love with this product! I have medium length hair, fine texture, but thick...it is blonde highlighted, and it is dry even though I use good products. I air-dry my hair everyday so I needed a good finishing product. I use Rusk Undressed in my hair after I towel dry, let my hair air-dry and then finish it with FF smoothing cream and it works very very well. And the smell is luscious...i just love love the smell of FF products!

I gave it a 4 only because it is expensive...and I need a lot...but I will keep buying it!!!

I've been putting this in my hair after I wash it while it is slightly damp, it has done nothing for my frizz at all, I can't even tell a different between using it and not using it. Waste of money.

I have to say that I am impressed by this product! I usually use B&B Straight for my fine yet poofy, wavy, frizz prone, color-treated hair. But this really delivered! It straightened my hair nicely, smoothed the frizzies, and left it soft and light. Usually products that claim to smooth hair leave a weird film, a heavy/dirty feeling. Not this one, granted you only use a pea size amount. A little goes a long way! Now, this is my first week using it, so I will update. So far, I approve!

Popular Styling Products