The Body Shop Papaya Bath & Shower Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzophenone-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citronellol, Caramel, Orange 4, Red 33.

Normally not a big fan of showergels from The Body Shop since the scents are too artificial but this one smells soooooo good. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry nor very moisturized so it's just a basic showergel - however the scent didn't irritate my skin and the scent is not too overpowering on the skin afterwards which is a big plus for me.

The showergel is more a summer/holiday showergel for me so i will probably buy it again - if i'm going on a holiday etc.

This is one of the better smelling shower gels I had and in TBS. I find it refreshing after using it, so I tend to use it when I'm tired in the noon. However, it doesnt give the the moisturising factor that I need, and I dont feel as clean compared to my Dove shower gel.

This stuff smells SO good. I really don't need any other reason to have it. It cleanses and lathers well, and I don't find it to be drying like a few others have said. Great stuff!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Body Shop gels used to be drying for me, but I found out that they dry my body when I use a sponge, but when I use them with my hands they are actually quite moisturizing. But I still apply some lotion after my showers anyway. However, when I use a sponge I end up using less product...it runs out quicker when I use my hands I guess. I'm not sure how to explain it. It's still a really great product that lasts a long time.

I also found that I prefer this scent to the floral ones. I definitely want to try some more TBS shower gels now.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is just an alright product for me. I really like the smell which isn't extremely strong, but it doesn't do a whole lot for moisturizing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love The Body Shop shower gels. They lather great, clean well, and don't leave any residue. Some reviewers mentioned that they found them to be drying, but I don't think that's the case at all. The papaya scent smells absolutely delicious and juicy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Smells just like a fresh, juicy papaya would. Cleans well, and is not harsh on skin. Love!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just finished a mini bottle of this. TBS is great for selling small sizes so you can sample the product without a huge commitment. I think I will repurchase the larger size. I really, really liked it. The scent was gorgeous, lighty and tropical fruity. It smelled of papaya, guava, passion fruit. It wasn't as strongly scented as the satsuma, which I can tire of quickly. It had a very nice lather, too, but it rinsed clean. Some shower gels are thick and sticky and don't rinse off well. I don't like that. This one is a pretty peachy color, too. Looks nice in the shower. Very nice shower gel. Makes you feel like you're taking a shower in Tahiti.

Comments that this shower gel (and the rest of TBS' shower gels) is drying is very true! What I like to do is to mix a little Jojoba oil into the shower gel so it doesn't dry out my skin so much.

Papaya's not too bad, but at the same time it's not that great. I was hoping for a stronger Papaya scent, but this was too critrus-y. continued >>

i dont find the BS shower gels very moisturising and they lather a lot as well which i dont like because i find it more drying .the smell is really nice and i like how u can use it as a bubble bath.i will stick to palmolive shower milks they are lovely and much cheaper