The Body Shop Papaya Bath & Shower Gel

Filtered by skin type : Other

2.5

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzophenone-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citronellol, Caramel, Orange 4, Red 33.

I just finished a mini bottle of this. TBS is great for selling small sizes so you can sample the product without a huge commitment. I think I will repurchase the larger size. I really, really liked it. The scent was gorgeous, lighty and tropical fruity. It smelled of papaya, guava, passion fruit. It wasn't as strongly scented as the satsuma, which I can tire of quickly. It had a very nice lather, too, but it rinsed clean. Some shower gels are thick and sticky and don't rinse off well. I don't like that. This one is a pretty peachy color, too. Looks nice in the shower. Very nice shower gel. Makes you feel like you're taking a shower in Tahiti.

Hmm, smells more like mango to me than papaya. I would know. At one point the only thing I ate for weeks were mangos and more mangos. Papayas are not that naturally fragrant and the smell is hard to synthesize, I think.

The body wash is not impressive. It was not bad; nor was it good. It had a very fragrant sweet smell that made me want to eat it. It did not have a great lather to it - something I felt all body washes should have more of. It is like clarifying shampoo for the hair, so if you use this product, you must use a moisturizer of some sort to rehydrate your skin!