The Body Shop Papaya Bath & Shower Gel

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide DEA, Coco-Glucoside, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Carica Papaya Seed Oil, Fragrance, Limonene, Benzophenone-4, Hexyl Cinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citronellol, Caramel, Orange 4, Red 33.

Hmm, smells more like mango to me than papaya. I would know. At one point the only thing I ate for weeks were mangos and more mangos. Papayas are not that naturally fragrant and the smell is hard to synthesize, I think.

The body wash is not impressive. It was not bad; nor was it good. It had a very fragrant sweet smell that made me want to eat it. It did not have a great lather to it - something I felt all body washes should have more of. It is like clarifying shampoo for the hair, so if you use this product, you must use a moisturizer of some sort to rehydrate your skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

smells so amazing! will definitely repurchase!

I love it at first cos' it smells sooo nice. But unfortunately, it cause my normallu pimpleless back to break out. Once I stop using this, the break out clears too.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is just an alright product for me. I really like the smell which isn't extremely strong, but it doesn't do a whole lot for moisturizing.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Not the best shower gel becuase it doesnt moisturize thta well but i would never use this alone anways. I put the papaya body scrub on a loofa and use this to lather up better. The smell is a little off from the rest of the line but will still buy for the purpose above.

i dont find the BS shower gels very moisturising and they lather a lot as well which i dont like because i find it more drying .the smell is really nice and i like how u can use it as a bubble bath.i will stick to palmolive shower milks they are lovely and much cheaper

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Nice shower gel, but it didn't really bowl me over. It smells nice, but it's not particularly moisturizing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's quite good, but pricey. It only lasts like 20 showers max before it runs out. The gel smells amazingly amazing, but disappear after 1-2 hours eventhough i use the same papaya body butter as well. I like the feeling after you rinse, like its slippery kinda feeling and it hydrates well. will not buy it again cuz it's pricey and not worth it

This stuff smells SO good. I really don't need any other reason to have it. It cleanses and lathers well, and I don't find it to be drying like a few others have said. Great stuff!

I just finished a mini bottle of this. TBS is great for selling small sizes so you can sample the product without a huge commitment. I think I will repurchase the larger size. I really, really liked it. The scent was gorgeous, lighty and tropical fruity. It smelled of papaya, guava, passion fruit. It wasn't as strongly scented as the satsuma, which I can tire of quickly. It had a very nice lather, too, but it rinsed clean. Some shower gels are thick and sticky and don't rinse off well. I don't like that. This one is a pretty peachy color, too. Looks nice in the shower. Very nice shower gel. Makes you feel like you're taking a shower in Tahiti.