Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

2.4

on 8/20/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought this as recommended for me by paula begoun on beautypedia. For my acne prone and very dry skin due to my acne med. This is a very nice and gentle cleanser. I wouldnt recommened it for night if you are removing makeup but for morning use this is amazing. It is definetly a lot gentler than cetaphil and olay sensitive face washes. It leaves a very nice soft feeling to the skin and my face doesnt feel tight for once. I will update and let you know if this breaks out my skin as this is suppose to be for sensitive and dry skin

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this last winter when my skin was dried out. I never used it, as I was finishing up my "normal to dry" cleanser. Good thing I didn't. I received one as a sample, and it was not good. I felt like it left my skin greasy, and full of ick. I exchanged it for the same luxiva I had been using, and glad I went back. Just started on the Normal to Oily for summer, so I will review that one when I can!

on 5/14/2006 2:35:00 PM

The MN Sales Associate recommended this product to me because I have been having reactions to pretty much everything that I have used in the past year. This cleanser worked well for about 2 days, and then my face errupted! Luckily, MN guarantees their products, and I will be trying the cleanser for Normal/Oily skin (the blue line), which I have heard is fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This does not remove make up at all. I noticed that the sales person said "after you remove your make up, use this cleanser". I should have known it wasn't going to remove it.

on 1/5/2004 4:42:00 PM

In my never ending search for the oh, so perfect skin care products that do not irritate my eczema (dermatits) I have discovered this cleanser. According to Merle Norman this product contains no fragrance, dyes, oils, colorants, alcohol or parabens. So, I thought, why not? Well I'm glad I did. This is a milky cleanser with no foaming action whatsoever. I put it on a dry face then rinse w/water. I then cleanse again on damp skin. It removes makeup very well. It does not leave my skin feeling stripped or dry. It does feel like it leaves a moisturizing film on your face. So far I've not had any problems at all. (No irritation or heaven forbid, clogged pores) The product says that is has been tested and found safe for those affected by roseaca. So far so good. My face feels alot more comfortable and appears alot less red. I'll update if anything changes. UPDATE: 1/26/04 Stopped using this and went back to Elizabeth Arden's Calming Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin. I just didn't feel like this thoroughly cleansed my face. I can't use toners but swiped over my face with a cotton ball & water and there was still makeup on the cotton. This is after using the cleanser twice in the evening. Oh well, I found a great cleanser with Elizabeth Arden and will try to stick with it!