Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

2.8

on 8/20/2010 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I just bought this as recommended for me by paula begoun on beautypedia. For my acne prone and very dry skin due to my acne med. This is a very nice and gentle cleanser. I wouldnt recommened it for night if you are removing makeup but for morning use this is amazing. It is definetly a lot gentler than cetaphil and olay sensitive face washes. It leaves a very nice soft feeling to the skin and my face doesnt feel tight for once. I will update and let you know if this breaks out my skin as this is suppose to be for sensitive and dry skin

on 12/8/2004 7:09:00 PM

I, too love this product. I alternate between this and my Luxiva Foaming Cleanser for Dry Skin. This cleanser is creamy, and I discovered that a cleanser does not necessarily have to 'foam up' to be effective; this even works to take off eye-makeup; leaves the skin soft and supple. Try this ladies!!!

After trying every cleanser on the market from gels to mousse, cream to milk, nothing quite worked. All seemed to be either to abrasive which left my skin feeling tight, dry and utterly parched, to the heavy cream based cleanser which felt like they weren't cleansing at all and left a residue behind. I had been faithfully using Cetaphil which was okay, until I stumbled upon this cleanser from Merle Norman which is made specifically for sensitive, irritated skin. This cleanser manages to cleanse the skin thoroughly, remove all traces of makeup including eye makeup, without lathering. It leaves the skin moist, cleansed and calm. This is one of the best cleansers I have ever used, my new HG!!! :)

on 3/11/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am a Merle fan and this is no exception. It has truly helped resolve the sensitivity issues I have and calm the redness I was experiencing. I do not think it removes or makeup or calms as well as my Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser. This cleanser works best when I rub a small amount onto dry skin and then slowly add water until it becomes emulsified and then I rinse it. When used with this way it removes all makeup and toner gets anything I might have missed. I would and probably will buy this again but seem to like the Daily moisture cleanser better. It fights redness and removes makeup a bit better imho.

My perfect combination is Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser, Delicate Balance Toner, Delicate Balance Moisturizer. This moisturizes and fights redness and sensitivity the best for me.

It felt like it didn't remove my makeup and a bit greasy, but when my skin dried it felt wonderful and I didn't need to moisturize like I usually do. I really like it! My face looked less red as well. I will repurchase and also purchase the moisturizer and facial treatment as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I have very sensitive skin as well as rosacea and some elements of seborrheic dermatitis. I cannot use anything with alcohol or witch hazel. This entire line (Delicate Balance) is wonderful for my sensitive, Irish skin (fair, burns very easily). I do find I do better in areas with well water than city water with chlorine, but up until today when my dermatologist felt i should try Kinerase because of some aging changes, I have utmost confidence and satisfactionin this product. I always use a non-oily eye makeup remover but found that this removed the makeup I do wear - a little foundation, pressed powder, blush, and all eye makeup except mascara (and then most) but I did use a product just for that (Almay). Where I live in Maine I cannot readily get this product other than mailorder and hate paying shipping, but once I move back to PA I will not have a problem. Since I know I cannot afford the entire Kinerase line, I may use some of both. If your skin is sensitive, try a chlorine filter for any source of water you use to wash your face, or let water sit out overnight, and then just warm it before use. I know, not as simple but it does make a difference. I always remove it with a washcloth dampened with warm water and then finish with a cool rinse.

on 5/14/2006 2:35:00 PM

The MN Sales Associate recommended this product to me because I have been having reactions to pretty much everything that I have used in the past year. This cleanser worked well for about 2 days, and then my face errupted! Luckily, MN guarantees their products, and I will be trying the cleanser for Normal/Oily skin (the blue line), which I have heard is fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This does not remove make up at all. I noticed that the sales person said "after you remove your make up, use this cleanser". I should have known it wasn't going to remove it.

I use the Luxiva Delicate Balance Moisturizer which I am in love with so I thought I would try the cleanser but it was awful! It didn't remove my make up and left a really greasy, oily film on my face. I had to immediately use my other cleanser to wash it off and after my skin has a reaction to this stuff. I'm glad I only used the sample. I should have stuck with my holy grail, Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser. It's great, really does calm my skin and reduce redness and has never caused breakouts.

on 1/5/2004 4:42:00 PM

In my never ending search for the oh, so perfect skin care products that do not irritate my eczema (dermatits) I have discovered this cleanser. According to Merle Norman this product contains no fragrance, dyes, oils, colorants, alcohol or parabens. So, I thought, why not? Well I'm glad I did. This is a milky cleanser with no foaming action whatsoever. I put it on a dry face then rinse w/water. I then cleanse again on damp skin. It removes makeup very well. It does not leave my skin feeling stripped or dry. It does feel like it leaves a moisturizing film on your face. So far I've not had any problems at all. (No irritation or heaven forbid, clogged pores) The product says that is has been tested and found safe for those affected by roseaca. So far so good. My face feels alot more comfortable and appears alot less red. I'll update if anything changes. UPDATE: 1/26/04 Stopped using this and went back to Elizabeth Arden's Calming Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin. I just didn't feel like this thoroughly cleansed my face. I can't use toners but swiped over my face with a cotton ball & water and there was still makeup on the cotton. This is after using the cleanser twice in the evening. Oh well, I found a great cleanser with Elizabeth Arden and will try to stick with it!