Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

Merle Norman delicate balance calming cleanser

2.8

on 12/20/2009 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I got this as a sample and thank God I didn't buy it. I have fairly normal / fair skin with a little bit of rosacea on my chin and nose. This cleanser is for sensitive skin and it was awful. First there was zero foam action so I felt like I was washing my face with lotion. I felt like I needed to wash with my regular face wash to get this off. My skin got oily from it as well. I love Merle Norman and use other products but I will stick with my Neutrogena or Aveeno which works great and a lot cheaper.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I bought this last winter when my skin was dried out. I never used it, as I was finishing up my "normal to dry" cleanser. Good thing I didn't. I received one as a sample, and it was not good. I felt like it left my skin greasy, and full of ick. I exchanged it for the same luxiva I had been using, and glad I went back. Just started on the Normal to Oily for summer, so I will review that one when I can!

on 11/24/2007 8:25:00 PM

I have very sensitive skin. I am always looking for something that will soothe & calm, but will also clean, make pores smaller, help with oily skin, etc. I received this as a GWP. It has been in my closet forever. I had been using Neutrogena cleanser with pleasant results. My skin has decided to react to the Neutrogena cleanser. I pulled out the Delicate Balance to give it a try. I am very, very pleased with this product. I was not red after washing my face. Yeah! My skin was not dry nor tight -- felt comfortable and normal. Yeah! My pores do not seem to be as announced and I am not suffering with the blackheads. Yeah!!! I am going to purchase this once I run out of GWP. I am also going to check out the Delicate Balance toner and the moisturizer. I will give my review after my try. I noticed that reviewers stated that if you can not use anything else . . . I agree if you have tried everything and everything reacts then definitely try this product. I do believe that you will be happy with the results. Really do not understand why this got negative results. Good product.
EDIT: This product started causing problems for my skin. During the winter my skin started to go to the dry side. This cleanser was making the dryness worse and started to irritate my skin. In my search I discovered Ponds for dry skin. Ponds worked better for taking off the make-up, dryness and just plainly making my skin happy w/o irritation. More of a plus is that Ponds is a lot cheaper.

on 11/16/2005 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I may be the only person in America to have a bad reaction to this cleanser, but it was the WORST. The minute I applied it, it stung so badly that I had to remove as quickly as possible. Sensitive skin cleanser? Not for mine. VERY disappointed. Be careful with this stuff if you have rosacea, etc.

on 5/14/2006 2:35:00 PM

The MN Sales Associate recommended this product to me because I have been having reactions to pretty much everything that I have used in the past year. This cleanser worked well for about 2 days, and then my face errupted! Luckily, MN guarantees their products, and I will be trying the cleanser for Normal/Oily skin (the blue line), which I have heard is fantastic.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This does not remove make up at all. I noticed that the sales person said "after you remove your make up, use this cleanser". I should have known it wasn't going to remove it.

I use the Luxiva Delicate Balance Moisturizer which I am in love with so I thought I would try the cleanser but it was awful! It didn't remove my make up and left a really greasy, oily film on my face. I had to immediately use my other cleanser to wash it off and after my skin has a reaction to this stuff. I'm glad I only used the sample. I should have stuck with my holy grail, Dermalogica Ultra Calming Cleanser. It's great, really does calm my skin and reduce redness and has never caused breakouts.

on 1/5/2004 4:42:00 PM

In my never ending search for the oh, so perfect skin care products that do not irritate my eczema (dermatits) I have discovered this cleanser. According to Merle Norman this product contains no fragrance, dyes, oils, colorants, alcohol or parabens. So, I thought, why not? Well I'm glad I did. This is a milky cleanser with no foaming action whatsoever. I put it on a dry face then rinse w/water. I then cleanse again on damp skin. It removes makeup very well. It does not leave my skin feeling stripped or dry. It does feel like it leaves a moisturizing film on your face. So far I've not had any problems at all. (No irritation or heaven forbid, clogged pores) The product says that is has been tested and found safe for those affected by roseaca. So far so good. My face feels alot more comfortable and appears alot less red. I'll update if anything changes. UPDATE: 1/26/04 Stopped using this and went back to Elizabeth Arden's Calming Foaming Cleanser for sensitive skin. I just didn't feel like this thoroughly cleansed my face. I can't use toners but swiped over my face with a cotton ball & water and there was still makeup on the cotton. This is after using the cleanser twice in the evening. Oh well, I found a great cleanser with Elizabeth Arden and will try to stick with it!

on 3/11/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am a Merle fan and this is no exception. It has truly helped resolve the sensitivity issues I have and calm the redness I was experiencing. I do not think it removes or makeup or calms as well as my Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser. This cleanser works best when I rub a small amount onto dry skin and then slowly add water until it becomes emulsified and then I rinse it. When used with this way it removes all makeup and toner gets anything I might have missed. I would and probably will buy this again but seem to like the Daily moisture cleanser better. It fights redness and removes makeup a bit better imho.

My perfect combination is Merle Daily Moisture Cleanser, Delicate Balance Toner, Delicate Balance Moisturizer. This moisturizes and fights redness and sensitivity the best for me.

It felt like it didn't remove my makeup and a bit greasy, but when my skin dried it felt wonderful and I didn't need to moisturize like I usually do. I really like it! My face looked less red as well. I will repurchase and also purchase the moisturizer and facial treatment as well.