Physicians Formula Metallic Canyon Shimmers Quad

No Image

4.8

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Dare I say, this is better than the ever popular UD Naked palette, but for a fraction of the cost. I adore this little workhorse and I've purchased it many times throughout the years. Although it's not discontinued, it's a shame I can no longer find it anywhere in stores, I had to recently order it online. This is probably my most loved and used eyeshadow palette to date. All the eyeshadows have a buttery texture and superb pigmentation. If I didn't know any better, I'd think they were high-end. The colors are universally flattering and the shades of neutrals are well coordinated with just the right amount of shimmer. These shadows don't crease and stay on all day even without primer. The one negative thing about this is the cheap packaging and the fact that the shadows are very fragile and will crumble if they're tossed around in a bag or dropped. But that is a small price to pay for such a versatile and inexpensive set of eyeshadows. I had to write a review because I feel like this is a little treasure of mine. I honestly think anyone who loves neturals would appreciate this palette.

on 7/31/2013 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this recently from Drugstore.com. I have owned and liked the matte Canyon for years, and couldn't resist the metallic version. It's actually really cool to own both, as I sometimes use them together. These are very versatile nude shades of cream, tan, gray and taupe. They have a wonderful buttery texture, but my first one shattered in the mail, so be careful, they are almost too soft! They apply well and last all day. The colors seem to be a bit cooler than the matte version, due to the frost. I find myself wanting to use my other shadows more, but I end up reaching for this one often!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I found this yesterday at Ulta. It is great! These colors look better than several others that I own, including BB, LM, NARS, Clinique, etc. It is subtle, but you can tell you are wearing eye shadow. It shimmers, but I don't notice tons of lines or wrinkles on my lids. I really like this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

real good for smokey eyes. its okay pigmented but not super. you might have to put on a lot of layers for it to show on your skin. but its good for a cheap drugstore brand. it has 4 colors and they're .22/6.3g

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I found this in the clearence bin at Targer for $1.30, what a bargain! I wasn't so sure how I felt about the muted colors, but when I put them on they were lovely. As the person said below me, they would make an awesome subtle smokey eye. This is the perfect palette of colors I'd use one those casual days. I use this on the days I really don't feel like putting on a lot of makeup, but still want to add a bit of pop to my eyes. I have feeling it is discontinued but check your clearence bins you may find a great bargain!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Wow, no one has reviewed this in forever! Uh oh. Maybe they discontinued it. *frown*. I love this shadow. The colors are not exactly metallic, but have a light shimmer to them. The shades are ivory, champagne, taupe, and stone. I use these at least once a week to create a very subtle smokey eye, and I use the ivory shade as a highlighter almost everyday. It's awesome. It's the only eyeshadow I've ever used right down to the last bit in the pan. I haven't found a new highlighting color yet. *sigh* Maybe I'll find this on ebay super cheap...Worth trying if you find it somewhere! Especially if you like a "no make up" makeup look. :P

on 2/26/2007 11:57:00 PM

This quad eyeshadow is amazing. They are very soft and natural, which is exactly what I wanted, a kind of your eyes, but better! The shimmer is subtle, but I do combine this with the matte canyon classics quad, gives me lots of options. These colors always look appropriate, and are very easy to work with. I use an eyeshadow primer (the discontinued vital radiance,sob) and these shadows wear all day. You can't go wrong with them. I do wear wilder eyeshadows too, but these are exactly what I wanted them to be. I wish I had found PF years ago!

on 11/3/2006 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Great neutrals with just enough shimmer. These would look good on anybody. On the other hand... that's all Physician's Formula ever does, right? Neutrals. It would be nice to see them branch out to more interesting intense colors, given the quality I mean.

on 3/29/2006 3:59:00 PM

This review is for the metallic nudes quad(there is no seperate listing for that one so here goes!).I purchased this at a dollar tree store and what a great eyeshadow quad this is!There is a light golden beige,golden-bronzey,copper brown and a rich dark brown all with a touch of shimmer.These make a beautiful bronze eye look and the dark brown is a great liner!All in all very impressed with the lasting quality and the quality of the shadows themselves.Also like the packaging.If you find this one pick it up,I think you will like it too!

Pleasantly surprised.. I picked this up at a Buy one get one 1/2 off sale at CVS and on a whim got this.. well i'm happy I did.. it's a great neutral array of colors.. Perfect for an incredibly natural look, as well as a smoky look.. Very pigmented and stays on eyes all day.. would purchase again, but probably will not be soon becasue you have to use so little!