LUSH Enzymion

LUSH Enzymion

3.4

Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Organic Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Stearic Acid, Freshly Juiced Papaya (Carica papaya), Organic Cold-Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Glycerine, Triethanolamine, Freshly Juiced Organic Lemon (Citrus limonum), Organic Cold-Pressed Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis), Organic Cold-Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Tangerine Oil (Citrus reticulata), Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Cetearyl Alcohol, *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben}

on 7/31/2018 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a must for oily gals!!! This moisturiser literally absorbs every bit of oil without feeling tight or dry. My skin would usually be very oily and greasy looking by 10am but this product controls the oil all day, with only a little grease coming through around 8 or 9 pm. Like others have mentioned, I mainly use this as a makeup primer and will then use a thicker heavier cream as a night cream. Not sure if this has helped clear any spots or other products as I began using them together ?

The reason fro the 4 lippies is, I'm not a fan of the smell I find it to be a little over powering but once it is on the face you can't smell it. I also don't like the fact it comes in a pot, very unhygienic. A pump bottle like 'Grease Lightening' would be much better, I use a small plastic spatula instead of my fingers which is fine but can be a little annoying when travelling etc! It can be on the pricey side too, 45g for just under €20 seems a little steep to me but I will continue to repurchase until a cheaper alternative comes to market.

Overall the product itself is one of my favorites, its just sad small things such as the packaging brings the review down.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Just bought my second tub of this moisturiser!
I've used this for about 3 months and I got it as a gift for Christmas. I really do like this moisturiser, I find that it's really light on my skin and actually makes my face look matte and not greasy after use. I have combination skin with an oily t zone and chin and dry flaky skin around my nose and I think this face cream keeps my skin problems in check.
As for acne, I don't think this would help me personally because I have hormonal acne and I ALWAYS get spots around the time of the month so this wouldn't really help that, but, I will say that this product did not make me break out as I don't think this closes my pores at all.
I like the scent of this product and personally don't find it overpowering, it has a citrusy smell which I love and is really refreshing in the morning.
I will continue to use this product in the mornings as I find that it's a great base for under my make-up! I love how it makes my skin look matte and I find that my pores look smaller after using this. A little goes a long way too. I'll probably be using this as a night cream during the summer, it's probably a bit too light for me to use at night during winter when my skin gets drier.

Overall I will continue to buy this!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I used this ages ago. I have combination skin and the sales rep recommended this to me.

this broke me out and made my face greasier than a counter top in McDonald's. will not be buying this again.

(also - why does lush keep on putting perfume in everything??? moisturiser does not need perfume!!!)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Oh dear. Not hating on Lush, but this... was a bomb. A very expensive bomb. As someone with an ultra-oily visage, I struggle to find a moisturizer that will hydrate my skin while controlling oil production. Now, of course I appreciate that Lush uses all-natural ingredients, but this brew just didn't do it for me. This moisturizer has a very light consistency and does feel wonderful upon application. It leaves your skin soft as a cherub's bottom. It also absorbs quickly, so your skin feels great... initially. Without fail, however, my skin is an oil slick within two hours of putting this on. Not just dewy, mind you--a giant puddle of oil. I look as if I'd sprayed my face with PAM. No matter how much or how little I use. With toner, without toner, you name it. Though it was supposedly formulated for my skin type, Enzymion does not work with my skin at all.

HOWEVER, I'm not saying this moisturizer is garbage. A little bit of it does go a long way, so if this moisturizer works with your skin, a pot of this stuff will last you a long time (as it should, for 40 bucks). Since this moisturizer is way too moisturizing for me, I actually passed it along to my sister, who has very dry and sensitive skin. So far, she's really enjoying it. I suppose that's the good thing with Lush; even though this is supposedly a "drying" moisturizer, the ingredients are gentle enough that they won't really irritate anyone's skin.

But in the end, this moisturizer definitely didn't do what I wanted it to do--and what it claimed it would do. It may be natural and gentle, but "mop up excess oils" it does not.

on 12/12/2016 5:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this face cream - i have mix skin and always struggle to find a face cream for summer. It gets very humid and hot where i live so i often end up using nothing or a simple toner during the day (other wise you shine - yucky sweaty look shine not the little nice shimmer)
Well this is perfect - it MOISTURISES and SOAKS IN it doesn't stick or grease up - i haven't had ONE pimple since i got this cream. It smells lovely and feels so fresh ( I put it my fridge)

on 7/8/2016 10:12:00 AM

I just love everything from it. it is the perfect cream for my skin type. Great Matt finish looking. Great smell. Great everything. i live in a hot country thought. so it is light enough not to make my skin too shiny.

on 4/23/2016 5:51:00 PM

I love this moisturizer. It does a great job of moisturizing my skin without making it too oily, which is a problem I have with a lot of other products. I also often use it as a primer for my foundation, and it works pretty well. The only qualm I have is the price... but hey, it's Lush.

on 3/25/2016 9:32:00 PM

This moisturizer smells FANTASTIC! Like I want to eat my face off!! (jk but you know what I mean) I put this on after I spray my rose toner and use 4 small dots on my face and 2 on my neck and work this baby in. Right away my skin felt moisturized but was very matte/glowing and makeup application was smooth. Two things I hate about this product tho is 1, the price is really expensive and 2 the packaging isn't the best.. wish it came in that bottle that the Grease Lightening came in then it would be my fave. Overall I would recommended this but honestly, go in and ask for a sample, they are generous and give a good weeks worth just to test this out.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After using quite a few samples of different moisturisers from Lush, this probably worked the best on me. As I have oily skin, applying this felt great since it seems to get absorbed almost instantaneously and not sit on the skin.

It also gives quite a matt finish, so there is no need to wait around for the moisturiser to dry before applying make up. The smell isn't as strong as well.

The only thing I dislike about this product is the packaging. Coming in a tub, it isn't the most hygienic product. The price of this product is also quite expensive.

Despite that, I will definitely buy it again.

on 2/9/2016 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The first moisturizer that I tried from Lush, and an experience I remember with fondness. I bought this during summer a few years ago, and even though I haven't repurchased it, in my mind it's still a great summer day cream. It smells amazing, like lemon (of which it is a whole one squeezed into that little pot!) without smelling like a cleaning product. That in itself is a feat, and one that Lush hasn't always pulled off either if I'm being honest. The reason why I say it's the perfect summer day cream is that it's so wonderfully mattifying. Like basically all humans, my skin gets increasingly oily during the summer months. That's a problem not only when I'm wearing makeup, but also when I want to be wearing my moisturizer (+ sun protection) alone. As someone who's struggled with being bare faced for a long time, not feeling like a oily mess definitely helps. During the winter it wasn't enough for me, but I guess if you're very oily it might work for you then too.

+ The smell! I loved putting this on every morning, it made my mornings a little brighter.
+ Mattifying like no other day cream I've tried

- Unhygienic packaging. I use a spatula to minimize the transfer of bactera into the pot.
- Parabens