Davidoff Cool Water for Women

Vetiver
Peach
Mulberry
Sandalwood
Cool Water is a Clean Perfume...Sweet Flowers Melon Perfume...Pretty Blue bottle...

on 12/29/2016 3:12:00 AM

Very beautiful scent that is conveniently also not overly expensive. It's a universally non-offensive scent and reminds me of the sea breeze. Isn't particularly long-lasting, but it's perfect for the average woman who isn't into fragrances but would like something to wear every now and then.

I'm a fan of this fragrance. Most perfumes give me a headache but this is one that does not. It is not your typical feminine perfume. It is fresh and aquatic, hence the name cool water. It is fresh without smelling masculine. It has decent lasting power. And my husband really likes it.

on 4/8/2015 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is basically my go-to scent on a normal day. It's casual and almost a bit unisex. It's fresh and aquatic but with some floral tones. 'Cool Water' is quite easy to wear during the daytime, especially for casual affairs. Despite the floral notes, it's not very romantic or sophisticated, but it's not meant to be. It has decent staying power and honestly, I still think it's a pretty unique-smelling perfume. The thing with 'Cool Water' is that quite a lot of people can recognise it now and I think some of the negative viewed aimed at this perfume comes from people wanting to move on from it... especially if they see it as a relic of the 90s. A bit of a shame for those of us who genuinely love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the fresh crispness of this perfume. A great summer / hot weather or general daytime perfume that isn't heavy or overpowering. It reminds me of the ocean, playing beach volleyball and sunshine. I often think of the Seinfeld episode when Kramer wanted to create a perfume that smelled like you just came from the beach, you know, that salty sea spray in the hair kind of thing, when I wear this perfume. I don't feel this perfume is outdated, I think any perfume that smells good on an individual stands the test of time.

on 8/10/2016 7:58:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Smelled this at kohls after a long time so I ended up ordering a bottle online .. It is strong and aquatic but has a slight masculine smell but I really like this perfume and it lasts fairly long. Good for summer as it is refreshing, however I prefer cool water wave to this but cool water wave doesn't last nor project well but it smells so good and holds a lot of memories so maybe I'll pick up a bottle of wave as well .. Oh and cool water game is a good one too. I like davidoff perfumes.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I happen to like sporty, fresh perfumes (Adidas Moves, D&G Light Blue, Calgon In The Rain). I got a good deal at TJ Maxx on a 3.4 oz bottle (USD$16.99) & a lotion to match for USD$5.99, so I decided to buy it & I am so glad I did. This reminds me of some people, it's associated w both good & bad memories, but this doesn't smell dated or too 1990s to me, it doesn't smell cheap or musty like anybody's mammaw, it's not too much like a dude's antiperspirant, it's not offensive, it's kind of everyday girl-next-door Americana. This, Sunflowers, BB Skin Musk, Tommy Girl, Adidas Moves, Pink Sugar, VS Love Spell, & Loves Baby Soft are ones I will always have a bottle of; all of those are comforting to me. I love perfumes associated with memories & people. As you can see, I don't mind mass produced perfumes or perfumes that aren't super expensive. This scent is similar to Britney Spears Curious as well. I love the marine/aquatic, sporty, athletic, young, fresh/soapy scents. Nothing too serious for me. I've never seen this perfume gain any male attention when I've worn it. The opposite is true, my 1st serious bf wore Zino (by Davidoff), & I was obsessed w that scent. I attach memories evoked by scents & catagorize them in my mind positive or negative which I know is subjective but perfume is an intensely personal & arbitrarily decided thing. Anyways I really like this perfume...!! :)

on 5/28/2014 11:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I wore this for awhile in high school. Very aquatic anf fresh (in that fake sharp way)
Not my cup of tea anymore so I'll give it 1 star

on 3/10/2014 3:45:00 AM

A fragrance with sweetness and a little bit of a clean scent. The fragrance gives of melon tones; so if you don't like the smell if melon (cantaloupe)... The tones like the base has a berry scent... I love it though for me I like scents that make me feel young even at night; I wear this after a shower from your work-out it is that sort of scent that soothes it better; this scent is good for summer or spring, and also to be applied at the day... I spray it on my wrist then distribute it behind my ears and on my bum (don't judge me!).

Notes:
Top- Melon
Middle- Lotus
Base- Musk

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A good perfume for everyday wear on hot summer days. This would make a great fresh fragrance for active beach vacations. It does give off a very active vibe. This scent better suits someone practising water sports instead of a sunbather. It's not a very feminine scent.

Upon spraying it I noticed that it was a sharp, but fresh scent on me. The aquatic and ozonic notes are the first notes that I noticed. Apparently it's supposed to smell a lot like pineapple, but I don't smell that at all. I don't mind though because pineapple is way too sweet for my tastes anyway. I can smell a bit of melon.

After a couple of hours the freshness has gone and you're left with a faded salty and musky smell. I personally don't really like it and I would have preferred if it become a bit more sweet. The salty smell does remind me of the beach.

All in all, it's not feminine enough for me and a bit too musky. I like the initial aquatic and melony smell right after spraying, but I wouldn't buy again because I dislike the salty musk that appears after two hours of wearing it.

Popular Fragrances