Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo

Pantene Sheer Volume Shampoo

3.4

Water, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 11/19/2016 12:18:00 AM

This is my new shampoo of choice. I bought a huge whopping gallon of it for just a few bucks. Ok not a gallon...625 mls. And I bought it nearly half off I think. But even at regular price its a lot of bang for your buck. The bottle is clear now and so is the shampoo. I don't really notice the smell, which is odd because when I think of Pantene I think of that distinct, overwhelming fragrance that lasts all day...but this doesn't smell like that. Anyway, it works for me to add volume, make my hair look and feel fuller, I can go longer between shampoos without oily scalp, hair is manageable...all good things. I use it with the matching conditioner. The only reason I'm not giving it five stars is because my hair is a bit harder to comb after washing, but this is in comparison to other shampoo/conditioners Ive used which were moisturizing as opposed to volumizing. All in all I'm going to keep buying this. PS I wouldn't use this if you have dry hair...unless you're going to pair it with a moisturizing conditioner...or use this once in awhile as a clarifying shampoo. I don't find it drying but my hair is pretty healthy

on 6/7/2016 5:21:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I really like this shampoo!!!! I have scalp issues, scalp acne to be specific but I don't have acne on my face. So weird. For years, I have been told over and over by hair stylists on how horrible Pantene and drug store shampoo is for hair. However, I have used a lot of professional products that do not agree with my hair or scalp and pocket book. Professional and drugstore products appear to use the same or similar ingredients . I noticed that this one does not have any silicones so I thought to try it and see if that is contributing to my scalp issue. I have been using this for several weeks. I believe my scalp condition is improving and my hair feels great. I have an oily scalp and in the morning, my hair isn't as oily as it usually is and still smells nice. I have not noticed any breakage or excess shedding.

on 2/14/2016 10:58:00 PM

First: the bottle. I like that it's harder to open because it travels well.
Now the product: upon discovering Neutrogena might have changed the anti-residue formula, I snagged this and the Beautiful Lengths conditioner. It's clear, VERY lathery, smells like angel wings, and cleans really well without leaving gunk behind. So this is more like a clarifying shampoo. It works well with the BL but will likely mesh with any Pantene conditioner.
This is great if you like that fresh, crisp, clean feeling all day; not as though you have to race back into the shower after a few hours.
I don't like their creamy shampoos but this one impressed me. I'll repurchase.

on 10/27/2015 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I have fine, wavy/curly hair that reaches to about the middle of my back. My scalp is oily while my ends tend to be a bit drier but according to my stylist it's healthy. This is the only shampoo I've found that feels like it thoroughly cleanses my scalp without drying out my hair. I've tried many high end salon shampoos but I always come back to this one.

It has a nice fresh scent that doesn't over power you like some do. Lathers nicely and rinses clean. You can follow up with the matching conditioner for light conditioning but I usually use a different one from mid shaft down.

Price is usually excellent and sometimes you can catch the liter bottles on sale at Target and stock up.

Honestly I will probably keep trying other shampoos, just because I'm a hair product junkie and like trying new things, but it's good to know that I always have this shampoo to fall back on.

on 7/27/2015 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

After a few months of using argan Moroccan oil shampoo with bad results (scalp became an oil slick), I switched to this and I love it. It makes my hair sleek and sift and I can wash it every 2-3 days without it getting oily. Very happy with this product and the conditioner that goes with it. For reference my hair is thick and straight and leans toward the drier side but is mostly normal.

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

When I first started using this shampoo, my hair felt soft and voluminous. However, I noticed recently that my hair was dry and brittle. My hair has never felt so damaged than it is now and I used to dye my hair! I have used other shampoos from the drugstore in the past and my hair was always fine afterwards. This product is full of harsh chemicals that are bad for the hair. My bottle wasn't quite finished but I still threw it out.

I will buy a natural shampoo next time and I won't be buying anything from Pantene ever again!

on 6/26/2015 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If you have fine to normal hair that is pretty naturally healthy this is the best shampoo. Hands down gives me the softest shiniest hair and I've tried it all from redkin, wen, fredric fekkai, alterna, and living proof just to name a few. I have now been using this solely for a year with the classic clean conditioner and have had no urge to even try anything else. That's how good this stuff is. The smell is my favorite and it lathers up nicely. This does a great job of clarifying the hair without over stripping it. I don't think I would recommend to someone with thick or dry hair. Also those with very damaged or color treated hair it's not going to provide you with a whole lot of moisture but, for those with normal to oily hair this is your shampoo!

on 5/18/2015 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Like another reviewer, my bottle is clear and not white.

This review is for the shampoo and conditioner in the Sheer Volume line from Pantene. I'm doing a review for both in the same time since I always use the shampoo and conditioner from the same brand and same kind.

I was surprised by this product, in a good way, It made my hair soft and bouncy and shiny, and easy to comb. The smell is nice too, typical Pantene smell which I happen to like so no worries for that.

It's also pretty cheap, so I might buy it again if I'm tight in cash but still need something nice.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Hands down my favorite shampoo! Makes my hair full of volume and soft. It feels healthy and looks shiny too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Not sure if mine is the same because the packaging looks different (clear container) but the label says "Sheer Volume - ProV - silicone free) but this works GREAT on my fine, blond, non-color-treated hair. I switch shampoos frequently and just tried a couple of disappointing high-end ones. Went back to using this one today and my hair was full of body, shiny, and manageable; as thick as I can expect with my hair type. I will definitely keep this in my rotation. The lather is thick and fragrance is nice. PROS: Makes my fine hair feel thick; good price; lovely lather; hair is manageable/easy to style. CONS: None