Alterna Curls Shampoo

No Image

4.3

on 7/12/2009 11:40:00 PM

I was lucky enough to score a number of samples of this and the conditioner....at first I was a little disappointed that I got them because I don't have curly hair, but figured I would give it a shot. It's actually perfect for me. I have a combination of euro/latina hair....straight and smooth in front but straight and coarse in back, so I tend to have a lot of back-puff/frizz going on at any given moment. The Curls shampoo and conditioner really mellowed out my frizz. I really like that it's sulfate free as well. I ended up following the shampoo and conditioner with a dollop of Wen Fig for detangling and leave-in, and my hair was extremely soft and non frizzy. I'd buy it again if I can avoid paying too exorbitant of a cost (in the meantime, I have about 20 samples to get through, so I"m set for a month or so.....)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this this stuff. On the cleansing, it does not dry your hair out. Cleans my scalp perfectly. Smells Awesome, and is my favorite a year straight!! On curling my hair, curls awesome, right out of the shower. I have wavy hair(large long curls) that I enhance with the LIFE Curls Sham/ Cond. I won't trade this in for anything.

on 1/3/2004 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is just an average shampoo. I love the conditioner and am disappointed in this matching shampoo. It does smell wonderful but I just thought it did a so-so job of cleansing and didn't seem to do anything for my curls. Go ahead and treat yourself to the conditioner but stick with your usual 'poo.