NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve (831)

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Slim Lip Pencil - Mauve (831)
MAC Whirl DupeNYX Lip liners

4.4

on 4/17/2018 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lip pencil is just ok. The color is beautiful but too many negatives for me to repurchase or recommend. First, it's too soft, so it doesn't give a nice sharp outline to the lips. Second, because it's so soft, it needs to be sharpened all the time. And third, it has no lasting power.

on 3/12/2018 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I like the shade I got and goes well with multiple shades of lipstick and is very blendable

on 2/27/2018 11:25:00 AM

I love the colour and the texture. It applies nicely and smoothly. But the formula is not impressive as it disappears fairly quickly. It starts to disappear from the corners of my lips after couple of hours only. It does not claim to be long lasting though, so there is nothing to complain about, it’s just that I wish it had better staying power, that’s all. Will not repurchase.

on 11/1/2017 3:49:00 PM

One of my favorite lip liners. Ive heard that this is a dupe for MAC Whirl and UD Liar lip liners. This color pairs well with a lot of different neutral shade lipsticks and also looks great on its own with balm on top for a MLBB look. My only issue with it is that it is a bit dry and tugs a bit as most NYX Slim liners tend to do. Otherwise a great product.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I own several MAC & NYX pencils that I buy as cheap dupes to take in my purse. Therefore can leave the MAC lip pencils at home.I won't care as much losing a $4 pencil vs a $17 one. I bought Mauve as a dupe to Whirl and actually like it better. Therefore I will not be repurchasing MAC Whirl lip pencil. I wear this with MAC Whirl lipstick, and Nars Dominique lipstick mostly.Its a true Mauve pink/brown. Glides on smooth and last for hours.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had bought a few NYX slim line lip liners years ago and pretty much gave up on them because for me they tugged and were really drying. But I was watching a youtuber whose lip color I always wondered what she used, and she did a GRWM video where she said she uses this NYX mauve lip liner, topped with basic cherry chapstick. Many years ago (like, back in the 90's..) a sales associate for Estee Lauder used the EL lip balm, topped with the EL spice lip pencil, and I wore that combo for years. So, for me, a balm/lip liner combo brought back pleasant memories.

Mauve is a great shade, very pigmented. But it still tugs and is quite drying. For me, I definitely need a balm with these or a very moisturizing lipstick.

These Nyx slim line pencils are really good shades, plenty of choices, but I still find them drying and often tug. I realize they are inexpensive, so I do not expect a whole lot from them. And for me, the caps on these sometimes slip off easily. So, great shades, but a few drawbacks in my opinion. I will enjoy this shade but when this one runs out or I tire of it, I will look for a similar shade from Urban Decay, Palladio, or I think even Essence has a similar shade.

But for the price, I guess you/I can't complain too much...When you compare this to what would be the equivalent of using EL balm and EL pencil, those combined currently total $46.00USD, and when you consider you can get the basic chapstick and a NYX liner for around $5.00-$6.00 total, it is a smart option if you are budget-minded or just don't like spending a lot of $$$ on makeup...So, while these do tug and can be drying, they definitely are great options with great shades.

on 8/30/2016 3:17:00 PM

I'm about done with my first Mauve pencil and will for sure repurchase. I have several NYX Slim pencils and while I favor some more than others, they are excellent quality at a low price point. This one is one of the best. Mauve is a neutral mauve/brown and if you favor nudes/mauves/Kylie tones then this plus a true nude liner is all you need. It sharpens nicely, glides over lips smoothly, isn't too creamy, and lasts a long while on the lips. It is flat matte yet won't suck all the moisture from your lips, making it easy to use all over as lipstick.

Mauve is a 99.9999% dupe for MAC's Whirl pencil and while I tend to use them interchangeably, and give the NYX full marks, I do think Whirl is a touch better. It seems more pigmented and lasts longer on lips, plus the pencil is almost twice the size as the NYX. Whirl has a little bit of magic to it for some reason. But seriously you don't need to pay $17 when this one is like $3 and almost identical.

on 4/18/2016 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

one of my most used lipliners. perfect for everyday nude/mauve/pink lipsticks. bought bc it was a dupe for whirl (haven't tried it). no complaints, love nyx lipliners!!

I'm considered a MAC NC40 and have fairly pigmented lips.

on 11/21/2015 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a mauve-brownish color. If I wear it on its own with my skin tone (nc35) it’s a more brown tone. My favorite way to wear it: I line my lips completely then I apply NYX soft matte lip cream in “Cairo” and I am left with a beautiful matte nude-mauve color and not to mention it lasts very long. I will continue repurchasing!

Beautiful! This is a dupe for MAC Whirl. Also very similar to MAC Beurre which is my entirely too expensive HG. My top 3 fave (non MAC) lip liners are by NYX (Pale Pink, Peekaboo Nude, & Mauve). I love NYX! Is such good quality for <$$$ gotta love that. Mauve is more of a nude than Mauve. I usually go for nudes about 98% of the time so this is right up my (MakeUp) Alley (haha), but this was a replacement for a lost NYX Mauve so yes I've rebought this & will keep buying this & other NYX lip liners. If MAC Soar, Whirl, or Beurre are your cup of tea check out NYX Mauve!