Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Ionic Styler

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love ittt! The only thing that gets my curly hair dry without it being frizzy and it straightens my hair so much more than a normal hairdryer (if you use it correctly).
The only people that have used mine and disliked it weren't using it correctly.
This makes flat ironing my hair A LOT easier.
The older version lasted longer, but whatever, it's cheap enough to buy a new one once a year :P

on 1/24/2008 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My hair is super thick and this dryer really speeds up the process. I feel like my hair is smoother afterwards and not as puffy as before though I still have to straighten. It also takes me less time with the comb which I like. The comb part does move around a bit and sometimes falls off, but still a pretty good dryer for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

The straightening comb on this dryer keeps flying off the handle...which has me flying off the handle! I give it one lippie because the drying function is fine. Returning this ASAP.Grrrrrr....

on 4/9/2006 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this by accident b/c I thought it was an ionic hairdryer (not styler) and really like it.

I haven't used hairdryers since I was a child b/c they were always too hot and damaged my hair, but this one dried my thick, heavy hair very quickly. And I like that I was able to use the cool setting so I didn't get heat blowing in my face/ear area.

It's also fairly quiet, and at $19, it's a good deal. I recommend this to anyone who's looking for a good hairdryer that'll leave your hair soft.

on 10/11/2005 4:54:00 PM

This review is for the Conair Ceramic Ionic Hairdryer - 174R - it's red, about
$25, 1875 watts and the best hair dryer I've ever had/experienced (including at the salon)! My last one was a piece of junk, overpriced (okay, $50, but it was really bad) Hot Tools ionic dryer that lasted under a year and during that time, didn't succeed in any of its claims. This one is better made, makes my (long, fine, frizzy & damaged) hair silky smooth with volume in short time. Don't know if it's because of the ceramic heat or the dual (instead of one) ionic ports or what. I can't rave enough about it, definitely my HG. Even my friends and husband have noticed the difference in my hair's appearance! The facts that it's really quiet AND cheap are huge bonuses. (Only bummer is that it's a tad heavy, but since it only takes me 5 minutes to dry and style thoroughly wet hair, I can't really complain.)

on 8/31/2005 1:27:00 PM

I purchased this after my Vidal Sasoon shorted out on me. I can't really tell much of a difference but this was only around $20 so no biggie.

on 12/9/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the best dryer I have ever used! I have thick, wavy hair and it always took forever to dry it. I try to let my hair air dry as much as I can (depending on how much time I have to get ready), and then I'll go over it w/ the dryer to get rid of the waves & frizz. I thought this dryer was going to be awkward to work with, but I love it, and it was only $20.

on 10/18/2004 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although the price was a bit steep, this blow dryer dries hair really fast! Especially if you put the round nozzle on. Downside is I always hit the off button when holding it.

on 6/30/2004 4:03:00 PM

I'm so glad I have this! It seems to make my color-treated hair thicker and shinier. I don't see why anyone would pay $150 for a ion hairdryer when they could get this one for about $20. Will re-purchase.

-Went from normal hair dryer to this dryer and there was a noticeable difference. My hair is much smoother.
-It comes w/ a nozzle.