Conair Ion Shine 1875 Watt Ionic Styler

Filtered by skin type : Other
No Image

on 1/11/2013 5:36:00 PM

I am reviewing the red model. AWFUL! I have thick hair which was long but I just got cut short. It still takes forever to style since I cut it. Also this dryer will give you carpel tunnel because it is soooooooooooo heavy. By the time I am done drying my arm aches. If the thing wasnt so incredibly heavy to hold it would be fine for the price.

on 6/16/2007 2:52:00 PM

This review is for the Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic dryer model 174TB. It's red and looks just like the 174R, which I can't find anywhere, so I think this one must have replaced that model. This dryer allows you to turn the ions on and off, which I have to have because every ion dryer I've ever used that didn't allow that option made my hair very flat. I have fine, relatively straight hair that tends to wave on its own if I don't blow dry it. This dryer is the quietest one I've ever tried, even on high. It also has a more pleasant tone to it than most dryers. The hot is hot without being scorching, the warm is truly warm, and the cool is very cool. The cold shot is also very cold, much more so than other dryers I've tried. I don't find this dryer to be heavy at all. It's not as light as the Revlon version that looks like the T3, but it feels good in your hand and is properly balanced. I can also really tell the difference when I turn on the ions. I use it to finish my style or to touch up at the end of the day, and it really does leave an incredible shine on the hair. The best ionic drugstore dryer I've tried, and I've tried several and returned all but this one.

on 7/27/2006 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I personally don't believe in shelling out $200+ for a hair dryer. Either you're born with good hair, or you're not. A overpriced hair dryer is not going to change coarse steel wool hair into silk. That said, this drugstore hairdryer gets the job done. I used to use a regular non-ionic hair dryer, and when I switched over I could instantly feel the difference. My hair is a lot more obedient with less flyaways, and is softer and smoother. This dryer has been working for 2+ years and I'm hoping it'll last a long time, but when I need to repurchase I'd definitely consider this particular model.

on 4/25/2005 11:35:00 AM

I have long thick straight hair and think this blowdryer helps to make your hair shiny and soft. I don't think it helps to dry hair any faster than my last non-ion blowdryer, but I still like it. I like that it has a warm and hot setting in addition to a 'cool shot' button. I got this Ulta for around $20ish dollars. I guess if I spent more I could have got one that dries hair faster, but for $20 it is a good blowdryer.

on 12/9/2004 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is the best dryer I have ever used! I have thick, wavy hair and it always took forever to dry it. I try to let my hair air dry as much as I can (depending on how much time I have to get ready), and then I'll go over it w/ the dryer to get rid of the waves & frizz. I thought this dryer was going to be awkward to work with, but I love it, and it was only $20.

Popular Hair Styling Tools