NYX Lipstick (In General)

NYX Lipstick (In General)

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Microcrystalline wax, Isopropyl Mynstate, 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Squalane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl palmitate, BHA, Propyl Paraben, Iron Oxide, Pigment.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

These are some of my favorite formulas for lipstick. They stay all day on me with minimal touch ups, are truly matte without feeling dry and uncomfortable, and are EXTREMELY pigmented. The shade Pure Red is the perfect blue toned red to be flattering on many skin tones.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

The color selection is very extensive with lots of shades to choose from. However the biggest con I found with these lipsticks is how overly creamy they are. They glide around too much on the lips and therefor are not long lasting! The finish is super glossy almost greasy feeling. I wish it wasn't so because I love all the colors!
Regardless I still wear these. I own about 7 of them. I just hope they reformulate these sometime in the future to be longer lasting.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is an OK lipstick. The pros are that it's pigmented and goes on easily. The downside is that it transfers like crazy! It does leave some staining behind if it is a darker lipstick though, so it doesn't seem to transfer all the way. I know it's inexpensive but there are definitely cheaper lipsticks now that are better quality and that are also still cheap. It feels a bit slippery on too, so there's a tad bit of moisture in that respect, but as I continue to wear it my lips feel a tad uncomfortable and even more dry than they were which I find odd. Perhaps it would look better with a primer underneath. I dunno, I just don't care for the slippery feeling all that much. It does have a slight scent which actually doesn't bother me. Overall it's ok, I will continue to use the lipstick up because I like the shade (I have it in Perfect) but I don't think I'll be getting this particular type again.

on 2/14/2015 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a solid lipstick. I've bought a few and they are consistent in formula through the shades. The formula is very creamy, smooth, pigmented, and even on the lips. It leaves a sort of cream finish on the lips. I wouldn't say it's moisturizing but it's also not drying. It lasts a good 4 hours on me, but after that the cream finish fades and so does the color and you're left with a very faint, faded color. I say it's a solid lipstick. There's nothing fancy about it, but it gets the job done well. I recommend it. It's especially great if you're new to lipstick because it gets the job done without complications and the shade range is great. Solid product. I think that's the best way to describe it.

on 9/1/2014 8:02:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

ROUND: So creamy and light with better staying power than I expected. Apollo is frosted orange red that really flatters. Twist is lighter and a bit more orange. Saturn is pinker. I've ordered more colours and will update. I've tried over ELF's lip primer, which is okay but not great.

on 12/27/2014 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Sigh...MUA has really dropped the ball on correctly categorizing these reviews. I can't really do anything within my power to correct this so I'll just be as specific as possible.

I am reviewing the NYX Round Case lipsticks.

I did not like the butter lipstick line, the liquid lipstick line, the black label lipstick line........it seems like every NYX lip product with the exception of these (round case) and the butter glosses dry my lips out.

I have bought a ton of lipsticks in the past year as I began to give lipstick a chance and sent glosses to the back burner. Originally I figured ALL lipsticks must dry me out, but that simply isn't true. Some are balmy & moisturizing, like these!

I own the following shades:
-Pure Nude: Very light warm peach.
-Strawberry milk: Very light, cool toned milky pink.
-Femme: Pinkish red
-Stella: Yellow pink
-Fig: Medium nuetral midtone pink

Pure Nude and Strawberry Milk are my favorite shades as I am a pale NC10. I would recommend any of them though.

The formulas are very pigmented and buttery. I do not need to wear chapstick under these and I have chronically dry lips. Some have even complained that these have "too much slip", but that's far from being a negative in my book. The more moisturizing, the better.

Word of advice - do not trust NYX's website for the descriptions 100%. Unfortunately Stella & Femme have micro-glitter in them despite being advertised as cream formulas. Fig, Strawberry Milk, and Pure Nude are true cream formulas.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love these lipsticks. Some of the shades are outrageous but whatever floats your boat I guess.
I do wish they would last longer on the lips but they do look beautiful. I will never spend more on a lipstick again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I purchased the lipstick in "Stella". Not impressed. Feels a bit grainy, transfers easily, gets everywhere. The color is pigminted, but for me, this was not comparable to the ELF 1 dollar lipsticks at all.

on 6/2/2014 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Nice colors, very pigmented and in a reasonable price

on 8/3/2014 5:15:00 PM

So far I've tried NYX Macaroon Lippies, NYX Matte lipstick, NYX Round Case lipstick, & NYX Matte Lipcream. I absolutely love the Macaroon Lippies-they come in such fun colors, have great pigmentation, apply smoothly, & have no scent, which is very important to me. Same for the Matte lipstick, though I would consider their finishes more of a satin than a true matte. The Round Case however, I couldn't stand the smell. And it wasn't even like one of those things where after a little while you stop noticing it, after removing it I could still smell it for hours, & it's a very fake perfumey smell, very unpleasant. I just couldn't stand it. And it's ashame because other than that it went on smoothly & had great pigmentation, but I just couldn't take that smell. The Matte Lip Creams have a somewhat strong smell as well. Not as bad as the Round Case, but still enough that it bothered me.