OPI Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil

3.4

Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, BHT, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleic Acid, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Tocopherol, Tocotrienols, Benzyl Alcohol.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Amazing product! I have suffered with damaged nails for a long time as a result of Shellac manicures. But I always paint over them
and never allow the nail to breath or heal properly. My big toenail was completely damaged from filing and buffing as a result of shellac. The damage covered 3/4 of the nail and hadn't grown or changed much in a year since the last time
I had shellac on my toes. I was afraid it was a fungal infection and had it checked by a podiatrist. They were unsure at the time as some rare fungus (yeast) infections can appear as a white colour on the nail. Podiatrist sent me away and asked me to monitor it for a month, if the "damage" began to spread we could conclude it's not damage but a fungal infection. I had some avoplex at home
which I decided to apply just to hydrate the nail while I waited the month. I used it morning and night and within 5 days my nail was back to normal. I went back to the podiatrist on the 5th day and she confirmed it was just a really badly damaged and dry nail as a result of my shellac a year ago. She recommended I wear no nail polish for a month to give my nails a break. Yay!!! So happy with this product :) Saved me going through unnecessary antifungal treatment.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love it. i mean the price could be smaller but overall i would buy it again

I agree with the negative reviews here. Mu cuticles are really bad and peeling with this. Took me a while to cop on that it was this product causing the trouble - as you don't expect it to do that. Horrible.

I'm a huge fan of OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment so decided to give their oil a try (I use CND Solar Oil and my DIY concoction).

I liked the oil on my nails. It took a little longer to massage in but I'm OK with that. My nails looked and felt hydrated but my cuticles did not. The longer I used it, the thicker, harder and rougher they got which is a sure fire way to have me picking at them.

Sorry OPI - this one gets a big thumbs down.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This actually made my cuticles dryer and harder -.-

I bought this one to have a mobile oil to take in my handbag. BUT. I reallllllly don't like this smell - it's horrid!!! Also didn't like how it was more like goop than liquid. Still searching for a HG oil, but at the moment I'll stick to my Manicare Oil.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite cuticle oils. I hadn't purchased it in awhile, because i have like 10 other ones, but it came in an OPI set of 10 mini polishes and nail care items (which is an amazing value, by the way). I had used up a full-sized bottle of this previously. This is oil-based and very moisturizing. I have very dry cuticles, and I like the way this has more of a "slip" than some cuticle oils. You have to rub this in and massage your cuticles, nails, and the area around your nails. It is not supposed to magically soak into your cuticles instantaneously. You are also supposed to use this several times a day, and on a good day I use cuticle oils 4-6 times, particularly after washing my hands or having them in water. If cuticle oil isn't working for you, do your research and learn about the product and also about your nails. This also has a pleasant smell, and I will continue to buy this product. I also apply this to "oil" the nail and nail bed before polish, which actually helps polish last much longer than dehydrating the nail.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate this stuff because it makes my cuticles look and feel terrible. I LOVE OPI polishes but I hate this cuticle oil. I made a mistake thinking since OPI makes THE best nail polishes, they should make the best cuticle oil. I was so wrong :( When I first apply it, my cuticle area looks fabulous, but after about 6 hours, I have to apply again because it starts to look dry. I thought to myself: I must really have naturally dry cuticles that look ragged, I might just have to moisturize them every 6 hours.... Then, I accidently forgot to put on this oil for about 4 days. I noticed my cuticles looked great even though I did not put any of the avoplex stuff on for four days! For this reason I won't buy ever again, I came to my own senses that Avoplex was kind of fooling me by giving me nice cuticles after application, but was actually drying them out big time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i think this is an okay product, what made it really fancy is the smell, which unfortunately I'm addicted to. It doesn't absorb easily to my cuticles though, it just stay there. if you're asking if it's moisturizing, probably yes cause it's oil-based, but not as good as how i want it to be. plus the price is not exactly friendly!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this product a lot.
I find that although oils can be a bother at times they really work the best for my very dry skin. I use this twice a day and use very good hand creams every time I wash my hands.

This oil absorbs fairly quickly, it has a delightful, light scent and it has worked wonders for my dry cuticles. They look the best ever,

I am ordering the one ounce size next time around.

Popular Treatments