OPI Avoplex Nail & Cuticle Replenishing Oil

3.3

Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lecithin, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Alcohol, Parfum/Fragrance, BHT, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Oleic Acid, Hydroxycitronellal, Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Tocopherol, Tocotrienols, Benzyl Alcohol.

I agree with the negative reviews here. Mu cuticles are really bad and peeling with this. Took me a while to cop on that it was this product causing the trouble - as you don't expect it to do that. Horrible.

I'm a huge fan of OPI Avoplex Exfoliating Cuticle Treatment so decided to give their oil a try (I use CND Solar Oil and my DIY concoction).

I liked the oil on my nails. It took a little longer to massage in but I'm OK with that. My nails looked and felt hydrated but my cuticles did not. The longer I used it, the thicker, harder and rougher they got which is a sure fire way to have me picking at them.

Sorry OPI - this one gets a big thumbs down.

To Read all 69 Reviews, Login or Join

I bought this one to have a mobile oil to take in my handbag. BUT. I reallllllly don't like this smell - it's horrid!!! Also didn't like how it was more like goop than liquid. Still searching for a HG oil, but at the moment I'll stick to my Manicare Oil.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This actually made my cuticles dryer and harder -.-

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This is one of my favorite cuticle oils. I hadn't purchased it in awhile, because i have like 10 other ones, but it came in an OPI set of 10 mini polishes and nail care items (which is an amazing value, by the way). I had used up a full-sized bottle of this previously. This is oil-based and very moisturizing. I have very dry cuticles, and I like the way this has more of a "slip" than some cuticle oils. You have to rub this in and massage your cuticles, nails, and the area around your nails. It is not supposed to magically soak into your cuticles instantaneously. You are also supposed to use this several times a day, and on a good day I use cuticle oils 4-6 times, particularly after washing my hands or having them in water. If cuticle oil isn't working for you, do your research and learn about the product and also about your nails. This also has a pleasant smell, and I will continue to buy this product. I also apply this to "oil" the nail and nail bed before polish, which actually helps polish last much longer than dehydrating the nail.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I hate this stuff because it makes my cuticles look and feel terrible. I LOVE OPI polishes but I hate this cuticle oil. I made a mistake thinking since OPI makes THE best nail polishes, they should make the best cuticle oil. I was so wrong :( When I first apply it, my cuticle area looks fabulous, but after about 6 hours, I have to apply again because it starts to look dry. I thought to myself: I must really have naturally dry cuticles that look ragged, I might just have to moisturize them every 6 hours.... Then, I accidently forgot to put on this oil for about 4 days. I noticed my cuticles looked great even though I did not put any of the avoplex stuff on for four days! For this reason I won't buy ever again, I came to my own senses that Avoplex was kind of fooling me by giving me nice cuticles after application, but was actually drying them out big time.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this product a lot.
I find that although oils can be a bother at times they really work the best for my very dry skin. I use this twice a day and use very good hand creams every time I wash my hands.

This oil absorbs fairly quickly, it has a delightful, light scent and it has worked wonders for my dry cuticles. They look the best ever,

I am ordering the one ounce size next time around.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i think this is an okay product, what made it really fancy is the smell, which unfortunately I'm addicted to. It doesn't absorb easily to my cuticles though, it just stay there. if you're asking if it's moisturizing, probably yes cause it's oil-based, but not as good as how i want it to be. plus the price is not exactly friendly!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I'm a big fan of cuticle oil in general. I've found that other cuticle products, such as Burts Bees and Lush Lemony Flutter, are far too greasy for me and a complete mess to apply. I usually need to wipe them off before they have time to absorb lest dog hair/dust/etc get stuck to my hands and under my nails which defeats the purpose of putting the product on in the first place.

I bought OPI's Avoplex (in the to-go tube) because i needed something small and easy to use for my handbag. I was not disappointed. The applicator is fantastic and results in minimal mess unless you squeeze too hard. Yes, it takes a bit of massaging to absorb, but this massaging is great for nail health anyway as it increases blood flow. It smells great, light and not overpowering or artificial. It does not, at a glance, contain drying mineral oils, but I'm not 100% sure on that so feel free to correct me.

However, the tube is very small for the price, which is ridonkulously expensive in Australia, so I will continue to buy mine from ebay.

Well worth purchasing if, like me, you aren't a fan of waxy or greasy cuticle treatments.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ehhh, this is an okay cuticle oil, but nothing crazy. I only bought it because it was sold in a combo with Nail Envy for a really good price lol. I wouldn't buy this again though.

It comes in the standard OPI polish bottle with a pro wide brush (making it super easy to apply). It smells really nice, and does seem to moisturize the cuticles and nails, but nothing crazy. It will not transform your cuticles after a few days. The major con of this product is that it absorbs VERY slowly and leaves a greasy residue on your fingers (even if you rigorously massage it in). Essie's cuticle oil absorbed much faster with zero residue.

All in all, it's not terrible and I will use it because I have it, but other cuticle moisturizers (i.e. Essie Apricot & Burt's Bees Lemon Butter) work much better.

Popular Treatments