The Body Shop Banana Shampoo

The Body Shop Banana Shampoo
Banana Shampoo

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water (Solvent/Diluent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (Surfactant), Musa Paradisica (Banana) Fruit (Emollient/Lubricant), Glyceryl Hydroxystearate (Emollient), Lauramide DEA (Surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Surfactant), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Sodium Benzoate (Preservative), Panthenol (Skin/Hair Conditioning Agent), Polyquaternium-7 (Hair Conditioner), Stearic Acid (Emulsifier), Sodium Chloride (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Fragrance (Fragrance), Citric Acid (pH Adjuster), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Ascorbic Acid (Antioxidant), Yellow 5 (Colour), Red 4 (Colour) [January 19, 2010]

on 4/10/2017 4:10:00 AM

I brought this shampoo because it contains EDTA (chelating agent - it binds metal ions) - i live in a hard water area (contains a lot of calcium and magnesium ions) and over the last year my hair has felt awful, even straight after washing. I must say i have only used this once, but am delighted with it. My hair feels soft and feels the cleanest it has done in years!

If you live in a hard water area - this may be the one for you!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the shampoo after reading a lot of positive reviews. Sadly, it wasn't for me. I have fine, wavy hair that isn't very dry and gets oily after 2 days. I love the smell of bananas so the smell was a positive although it doesn't last. I used the this shampoo and the conditioner from the same line. It completely stripped my hair and turned it into a straw-like tangled mess. This would work better for someone with very oily hair. I will surely not be purchasing again and plan to give mine away to a friend and hope she has better luck.

on 7/24/2016 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have short, fine-but-thick color-treated hair. This is a great shampoo for me because I don't want any silicones or "extra conditioners" as I don't need them.

Love the scent and EXPECIALLY love that it rinses quickly.

I end up using it as a body wash, too.

I have a sensitive scalp prone to bumps from many styling products and conditioners and I haven't had any problems with this shampoo.

on 7/9/2016 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

This shampoo is too drying. I bought it by accident as it looks the same as the conditioner (which I adore).

It makes the hair so dry and frizzy. That in the end, I use it for weekly deep cleanse as my HG shampoo is TBS Rainforest and that is too gentle to remove buildup.

on 2/20/2016 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this on sale at Christmas time due to the rave reviews by a youtuber. I'm glad I only paid $4 for this because it really is just a normal shampoo. It doesn't make my hair look or feel anything special and for the price -- I can get the Suave Moroccan Oil shampoo which makes my hair feel so soft and light. It does smell like bananas -- in a good way -- and that part is pleasant.

on 2/20/2016 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been interested in this shampoo for a while, so when I saw it was 25% off I decided to get it! I was really excited to try it so was so disappointed when I finally used it! I have blonde hair, which on the ends tends to get very dry despite being nice to my hair! The first thing I noticed about the shampoo is the smell, it does smell very much like banana, it's not subtle so it goes without saying you should like banana a lot to fall in love with this product! The shampoo isn't very thick, nor is the conditioner which I wasn't massively keen on as I had to use a lot to feel the effect. However I definitely wouldn't buy this product again because it made my scalp incredibly itchy and sore from the first wash! It didn't make any difference to the condition of my hair and I haven't used it again since, my scalp is still very itchy and dry even after washing a few times with another shampoo! Normally my scalp is fine with any shampoo/conditioner combo and is by no means sensitive, so sadly would not buy this shampoo again.

on 1/11/2016 11:24:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

bought this in one of their sales. if i had given more money to this shampoo i'd feel sad, did nothing more than an average shampoo. smell is nice but it does not last long on your hair.

I love using this with the conditioner. It was really cheap during one of their sales, and both products seem to last a long time. I love the smell. So glad they brought this back. It is very gentle and the two products are great for my damaged hair.

on 7/6/2015 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Okay first off, the smell is incredible. Something about the smell seems to promise that it will make your hair incredibly soft and silky. I wish it made my hair feel as nice as it smelled. Nothing too special.

I think the number one reason that I (and others) bought this is because of the smell. It's divine and very soothing and I wish it was edible! I was pleasantly surprised that it did more than just smell good. I have thin hair and this added some volume, probably because the formula is so thick. The conditioner also softens my hair and helps smooth down any split ends. I've used other shampoos that have boosted shine more than this one though.

The only problem is that Body Shop seems to have taken it off the shelves for Christmas. I hope they bring it back!