NARS Turkish Delight

NARS Turkish Delight

3.7

Am I the only one who didn't like this gloss? The color is very baby pink, almost frosty pink on me (I am fair skinned). Also texture was was off for me..And it lasted about two seconds :(

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Turkish Delight is my baby.. Real talk: this is the *only* lipgloss I have multiple tubes of, "just in case" it runs out or gets discontinued. Turkish Delight is a little bit controversial in the beauty community, people seem to either love it or hate it. As far as colors go, it's not for everyone. A lot of women like nude lipgloss, and a lot of women like pink lipgloss, and Turkish Delight takes a bit from each column and forms a pale, almost milky peachy pink, with the pink pulling through just a little more. Many will agree with me that when the "pale/nude lip" craze took off, a lot of well-meaning ladies overdid it and ended up looking deceased. This is a more subtle color than that, and I find it very flattering even though I myself am somewhat pale. I think it pairs very well with nude or pale lipsticks as well, and really enhances their color nicely. On its own, it is gorgeous but I've always been partial to these colors to begin with.
If you are one to appreciate softer pinks, peaches or nudes in lip colors, I can almost guarantee you will love this shade if you don't already own it. If you are in the habit of wearing more pigmented lip colors, it might be a transition for you but still- give it a shot.
The scent is.. Not great. Somewhat chemically. But it does not linger and I choose not to dwell on it for that reason. The packaging is chic, nothing crazy. For a lipgloss that costs over twenty bucks a lot of people will find a lot to discuss about this, but make no mistake I enjoy every penny's worth- this is a beautiful gloss!! Might just be my favorite of all time!

on 1/29/2016 8:28:00 PM

This is one of those must have cult classic glosses and actually my first NARS gloss. However, I have to agree with MUAsAlbino. This product is an expensive light pink gloss that can be found pretty much anywhere.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Turkish Delight is a terribly overhyped lipgloss thanks to morons like Kim Kardashian in the beauty world. The shade is really nothing unique, so if that's the reason you're shelling out $$$ for this - don't. There are plenty of drugstore dupes. Turkish Delight is simply a milky light pink.

NARs formula is nothing special, either. This gloss is sheer and the color just sits on top of my lips, pooling into my lip lines. I will give it credit for being moisturizing, although the lasting power sucks. I am naturally extremely pale. So if Turkish Delight was way too pale and white based for me, I can't imagine how awful it must look on others. It gives me that dreaded chalky corpse look.

I will never repurchase. To be honest I should probably just toss the one already in my collection because I'm never going to touch it.

on 7/15/2015 11:28:00 AM

A little on the light side but great with a natural pencil underneath. If your lips are even the teeniest bit dry, this will look so bad. Lovely for the summer. Really pretty.

on 6/6/2015 4:42:00 PM

I am not a lip gloss person but I always wanted to try Turkish Delight due to the cult status. I purchased TD about 9 months ago and have used half of the tube.

PROS:
-I love the colour. I have pigmented lips and it starts sheer and can't be seen on my lips but can be built up. I especially love to add TD over the top of other lip sticks (usually in the middle of the lips) to add extra dimension or lighten the colour.
-I like the formulation. It wears like a typical gloss, coming off on things your lips touch, but it isn't sticky or goopy.

I am an NC20 with pink, pigmented lips. I tried this lipgloss after learning it is one used frequently by Kim Kardashian. However, when I tried it, the colour was too pale and milky for my skin. It washed me out and made me look like a corpse. Chihuahua was a much better alternative and is a colour I would recommend for those with more pigmented lips. I did not buy this product and would not recommend to girls with warm colouring and pigmented lips.

on 12/17/2014 4:08:00 PM

I love the Nars lipgloss, but I preferred it prior to reformulation. Textures have thinned down, therefore the wearing time has also decreased. The color is milky, lovely, baby pale pink. Yes, it's a lovely color, no it does not last. Yes, you will be reapplying often. No, it is impossible to look cakey.

However, those with fine lines in lips, I would be concerned as it does sink into those liplines.
The chemical/rubbery scent is gone, as is the taste. It is virtually scentless and tasteless, which is good. But not worth it for the reformulation in my genuine opinion.

on 11/22/2014 5:02:00 PM

Very flattering colour, works on everyone I've seen. A little product goes a long way, and it's a nice wand that doesn't unscrew in your messy purse. It makes lips look fantastic. Like, bottled Victoria secret lips. Problems are expected of a gloss: it doesn't stay on long.

on 11/3/2014 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Just beautiful color and I don't mind the smell although I know it does bother some. NARS packaging is in my top 3 of any makeup brand. The only con is the price that's why I make sure to not be careless with this product and lose it lol!