Nature's Gate Herbal Hair Shampoo

Nature's Gate Herbal Hair Shampoo

Not tested on animals

Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (Coconut Derived), Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine Coconut Derived), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate (Coconut Derived), Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Flower Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Sesquicaprylate (Coconut and Corn Derived), Polysorbate 20, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (Plant Derived), Sodium Hydroxide, Glyceryl Undecylenate (Vegetable Derived), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance*

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I love this shampoo and matching conditioner! This smells so amazing, has natural ingredients, and has a pretty caramel color to it, like a herbal shampoo should. My scalp is very sensitive to shampoos, always getting flakey and itchy, but once I switched to this, I have had no problems. Also, my hair is thick, dry, and naturally wavy, and this really makes my waves softer/nicer. Cleanses without overly drying or weighing my hair down. The set cost me $14.98, for the 18 fl. oz. bottles, but I feel they are worth it. Next time I will get the larger 32 oz. pump bottles, which are $11.99/each and a better value. Did I mention this smells amazing?

I originally purchased this shampoo because of the smell in the store. I was instantly in love! And after using it for months, I can say I'm not switching to anything else. It's perfect. I don't even use the conditioner (although I use a bit of leave in conditioner post-shower to help to obtain waves). Everything I wanted in a shampoo, including the fact that it's natural. Really great stuff and my hair has never looked (or smelled) better. :)

on 3/29/2016 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I didn't like this shampoo when I first got it, but I like it better now because I figured out how to wash my hair with it to not make it so tangly. The smell is alright but I don't absolutely love it. All I have to say about this shampoo is "Meh." I'll use it until I run out but after I think I will try something different.

on 10/17/2015 3:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This works fine as a shampoo - but the smell. Definitely need to sniff first, and really think about it - I liked the smell in the store, but I didn't realize how overpowering it would be - this smell really lasts a long time, and since it happened to have a note in it that gave me a headache, I needed to actually re-wash my hair with something else to get my headache to stop. So if you like the smell, and like it enough for the exellent, imho, staying power, then go for it.

This is my favorite shampoo and has been for over 10 years. I've never found anything better. The smell is the very best part -- almost like nag champa. This leaves my baby fine hair silky, shiny and full. I also have really long (nearly waist-length), highlighted hair and it is gentle enough to keep even long, processed hair healthy and strong. I always buy the conditioner with it (which I also reviewed on here), so I think the two really need to be used together for best results. I have read that some reviewers experienced irritation and I think that it may be from the fragrance. The fragrance is rather strong, but the other ingredients are very gentle and natural. I'm glad I am not allergic to this...I love the fragrance so much, I wish they would make a perfume!

This is one of the prettiest fragranced shampoos I have ever smelled. I loved Shampure by Aveda but it was expensive and hard to find. Also, the scent had no staying power. Nature's Gate herbal shampoo smells amazing and the scent lasts and lasts. It does a fantastic job of cleansing my hair. My hair has more volume and wave after I use. I use this in conjunction with the conditioner which has the same scent. I always get compliments about how nice my hair smells when I use it.

on 3/10/2015 3:14:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. The fact that it is sulfate free, silicone free, and full of good ingredients to nourish the scalp and hair is wonderful! I thought this was going to be a winner because it sounds gentle and effective. Unfortunately, as soon as I started washing my hair, I felt my ears flare up. I was hoping it was just in my mind, but after I rinsed and dried off my hair, my ears became completely inflamed, swollen and itchy as hell. I was hoping it would pass, but the rash spread along my hairline and then down my neck. It has been a week and I'm still itchy and I am too scared to try it again. The shampoo itself was nice enough - it had good texture (not too runny), it lathered and cleaned well, and the smell was very natural (herbal). Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to it and I can't figure out what ingredient is causing it.

on 11/12/2014 8:09:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. For having no sulfates, it actually does lather (lots of it) & makes my hair clean & shiny. (Most "natural" shampoos I've tried do NOT get my hair clean.. Well water) I wouldn't call this an herbal smell to me it's more like.. Cinnamon baby powder. Definitely not the most natural smell- could be what's causing irritation for some. But everyone around here seems to love it... My hubs said my hair smells good & he usually doesn't notice that stuff (or doesn't comment anyway lol) and my little guy's teacher said he smells so good and asked what I use on his hair.

on 7/13/2014 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just started using this. I have used the same two shampoo's for over 10 years, hard to believe I know lol. If something works I stick with it. I still use Giovanni's 50/50 shampoo once a week for a deep cleaning..this removes cones/build up, great shampoo. My other natural daily shampoo after all these years has changed it's ingredients..sucks! I tried two others, hated them, this was my 3rd buy, and so far I am really liking this..

It lathers very well, cleans well and my hair is super shiny using this..the smell is strong which I kinda liked until I noticed it said "fragrance" on the bottle..meaning who knows what's really in this..Will update.

10-2014 - I have used this for almost 4 months now, love it!! I mix a litle bit of Giovanni 50/50 for extra cleaning..Huge bottle too.

on 5/22/2014 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been on the quest for the new natural shampoo and this looked promising. Unfortunately right after I've used it for the first time my head felt really itchy and tingly, not in a good way. I think something in this shampoo I am allergic to, however usually I am not that sensitive to shampoos. I did not like the scent either it seemed a bit too strong for me. The shampoo was not lathering much (which I expected ) but it seemed to clean the hair fine and the hair seemed to be OK after it. However the itchiness it gave and the scent is a big NO NO. After feeling itchy for an 1 hour after washing the hair I went and rewashed the hair using simple Dove soap bar just to get the shampoo away and the itchiness is gone (mostly). Too bad it did not work for me, I can totally see it working for other people who is not allergic to one of the components in this shampoo. Luckily I could return it.

Popular Shampoos