MILANI Nights in Paradise

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I was really suprized to find this hard to find shade in a local Milani display. They only had 2 left and one was semi crumbly. I bought it anyway. The silver sparkles run thru out the entire shadow. Super nice for the price. If you find this one, pick it up!

Holy CRAP this is sparkly!! This is the sparkliest black shadow I've seen, and I've tried a lot. It is a bit more shimmery on top than the underlayer, but still, very very sparkly. It looks almost wet when applied. Very soft, too soft in fact, because it gets a bit crumbly when I use it and god forbid I push too hard with my brush because it will dent the shadow. A bit difficult to blend, despite the softness, which I find odd. Oh who cares, it's sooo pretty to look at in the pan.

on 1/18/2004 6:03:00 PM

Okay, this MILANI shadow is really impressing me.

Having returned MAC'S BLACK TIED shadow not too long ago, I have yet to find a dark shadow that I have been truly happy with.

I managed to find a liner- ORLANE's CRAYON MULTI-BEAUTE that I love in the color 08 NUIT FANTOME which is a jet black with silver glitter.

I had hoped that BLACK TIED from MAC and DARK SOUL would go with it, but black tied did not last long at all on me (plus caused reactions), and DARK SOUL is a charcoal gray with gunmetal shimmer.

When I happened to come upon a new MILANI display, I was prepared to be unimpressed, but I was wrong. When I saw the color NIGHTS IN PARADISE, I was taken aback.

For $3.29, I got 1.65g of high quality shadow which is just what I have been looking for. Dry, it is a sheer jet black pigment with silver micro glitter in it. The top is sprayed with silver glitter, but the actual shadow has less glitter in it, but there still is enough.

The shadow is very crumbly, but with a good stiff brush (I used it with MAC #239) I can pat to load up the brush and then pat it into place with more success than with dragging it. I need to apply several coats to get it dark.

Damp brush, the effect is dynamite. Much more black than DARK SOUL, I find it stays in place for me much better than BLACK TIED too. Makes an excellent liner.

I wish that it was not so crumbly, but the quality of the shadow is fantastic once I get it on. For the price, it is truly a good deal. continued >>

Why is it that all of Milani's black eyeshadows are so crumbly? That's my only complaint on this one. I haven't had it for a week and it's already shattered. And I'm not even rough with my makeup.

This is a gorgeous colour though. Doesn't have near as much glitter as I thought it would have, but it's still great. Goes on nice and dark and lasts all day without creasing. Definitely one of the better black eyeshadows out there.

Eyes: Violet

This is my new favorite Milani shadow. It's a gorgeous charcoal/black shade with a ton of silver microglitter. It's comparable to Jane's Clubbing, but it's much better in my opinion. When applied wet, the pigmentation is super, as is the staying power. Great as a liner or for a gorgeous smoky eye... don't pass this one up! continued >>

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This eyeshadow has so much glitter! A pretty charcoal shade with silver glitter, looks great wet.

on 12/28/2003 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Dark Soul? Sure, but not the pigment. NIP (#3 for 1.65g) is a charcoal with a silver overspray. In fact, when I tried this on, it looked like MAC's Dark Soul pigment, but for 1/6 the price.
Sold!
Even though I don't wear greys/charcoals much, I agree with Groovynub that this would make a beautiful liner, and would complement Mercury, Silver Bullet, and Storm (also Milani shadows) well. continued >>