L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

(2018 REFORMULATED)water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, disteardimonium hectorite, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid,cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopherol, panthenol, aluminum hydroxide, hydroxyethyl urea, hydrated silica, methicone, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate....OLD FORMULA: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

on 10/11/2018 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to give props to the reviewer below my review-- because he/she mentioned the new ingredients, I went out to try this foundation. I always wanted to, but the old ingredients had a higher level comedogenic ingredient, Isostearyl Neopentanoate. However, the new late 2018 ingredients no longer have it, or any higher than one level two comedogenic ingredient which is Vit E.

I grabbed shades W2.0 and W2.5 -- 2.0 was too light, 2.5 is still a tad light but actually perfect to my neck and undertone (i have melasma so my face looks so tan). Im NC15/20 with strong yellow undertones, which is why W2.5 was perfect.

I tried this with a brush-- no. It dried too fast. A damp sponge was great and I was able to build coverage on spots with just my fingers. The wear was "meh" by the end of the day it had wore off pretty much and I was a little shiny (but not bad!)-- which is why I gave it a three. I used without primer so Ill try primer next time and plan to test down the road continuously to see about breakouts. Was lightweight and not greasy/heavy at all.

Worth trying if you cant find your undertone in other brands!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Let's get the negative out of the way first: L'Oréal has quietly reformulated this foundation. I checked, and this reformulation has occurred straight across the shade board. Sure, as ever the ingredients are listed on the bottles themselves - so legally, they are covered. But as of October 2018, still no reflection of this complete ingredient revamp on L'Oréal's own website's product page. Not surprisingly, retailers likewise do not reflect the reformulation - likely because they aren't aware of it. With allergies, acne, eczema, & other prevalent skin issues, this omission was & continues to be ill-advised. Of course I've updated the ingredients here.

The recent ingredient change has been contemporaneous with the foundation's shade expansion to what is now an impressive 45 shades, & L'Oréal's subsequent sending PR to YouTubers, who have been raving about this foundation. Commenters would remark that they tried True Match in the past, for some reason didn't like it, gave it another go because of the video, & love it now. I also tried it years ago, loved the match, but hated the formulation. This gave me pause: is all this new love simply explained by the nearly 15 year-old foundation being reintroduced to the fickle public focused on what's new, or is there something different about True Match? After all, the packaging itself hasn't changed at all.

So I checked it out in-store. Lo & behold ... totally different ingredients.

Dimethicone as the now-second ingredient made me cringe a bit because I am acne-prone. But since my only problem in the past with this foundation wasn't the match (which was amazing!) but the shiny finish, I got over my annoyance of what's explained above & picked up a bottle of W1. I have NC5-10 skin that is not easy to match & wasn't about to pass on the opportunity for a jackpot neck-match that also looks good *all at the very same time*.

Verdict: I love this new formulation. Still matches great. None of that old unflattering, sweaty-looking shine. Consistency is still thin & runny, but it covers more. It does build without caking. Finish is natural & gives you that poreless look - at least medium coverage. Very oil-controlling. I would compare True Match as it is now with Estée Lauder Double Wear (56 shades) - which sadly breaks me out. Which brings me to my next point ...

Breakouts: zero. If my skin hates a foundation, a zit starts forming that night. Well, NO breakouts after 3 days in a row of wear.

My excitement about this foundation's improvement is a bit spoiled by L'Oréal's continued omission of its big changes. I've suggested an ingredient update to them on Twitter & am mentioning it here. Come on, guys: cop to it.

on 8/29/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! This is the only foundation I have tried that doesn't look like a dry cakey mess! I found my perfect shade, which I have not been able to do with any other foundations. It has a very natural finish that lasts all day on me. I have used a lot of drugstore and high end foundations and this is the best yet!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this foundation in the EU version 1.5.N linnen and apply it without primer/setting spray and with a dry RT sponge.

I love this foundation! It's a good match for me, and I got the right shade in one go when ordering online by looking at swatches and some videos.
It's a very liquidy foundation that goes on really smooth. It doesn't have any scent, and I'd say it has a velvety finish. It looks very natural/ skin like, blurs my pores and feels like I'm not wearing anything on my face. It's definitely buildable with itself, but I did have a bit of a sliding issue when I applied concealer (Maybelline instant age rewind).
I wore this foundation side by side with the milani conceal and perfect (shade 00B same application) and this one looked a lot more full coverage because of the finish and pore blurring. They both wore well for a 10 hour day.
One thing I did notice that kinda annoys me, is that it contains small particles of glitter/sparkle, which you can see in certain lighting. They stick around after rinsing my foundation off. I haven't taken any flash pictures with it, but I imagine it won't be very charming, so be aware of that.
This foundation (and the milani) didn't cause any breakouts or eczema, which I'm prone to.

This will be my new go to foundation! It looks natural and work well for my low maintenace routine (no primer or setting).
I'd recommend this foundation to anyone who wants a natural, low fuss foundation. (and try applying it with a dry sponge if wet didn't work out for you!)

on 8/9/2018 7:10:00 PM

I’m so disappointed in this foundation. I was colour matched by the SA and sent away with a shade that was way too dark. I liked the formula so I thought I’d spend more money (they wouldn’t exchange foundation at Boots) and get a lighter shade. I found a much better match by myself and yet when I wore it at home it oxidized to deep orange within 30 mins. In the UK this has nice packaging and comes with a pump. The formula wore okay, it looked a bit dry at first, but lasted about 8 hours before it started to get patchy. It could be a nice foundation but I won’t buy another shade.

on 8/9/2018 11:06:00 AM

Not a true match! I tried the three lightest shades and all were too dark for my pale skin. The foundation is medium-coverage, with medium staying powder. It can look a little cakey at times.

on 7/22/2018 4:55:00 PM

My favourite foundation. I use make-up for quite some time and I always come back to this. Is buildable, covers everything nicely, gives a natural glow and doesn't cling to dry patches. I have an oily T zone and I usually set the area with powder from the same range. I preffer the more natural make-up and this delivers. You can see my beauty marks through it. I apply it with a foundation brush, a sponge and even with my fingers and everytime it looks great. Also the colour is perfect for me (I use Vanilla Rose in the glass bottle with pump). I apply it in the morning and after a day at the office it's still going strong. It looks good in natural light and artificial as well.

My bottle was a gift a 'Look Good Feel Better' cancer event. The colour D3-W3 was given rather than chosen. It is a little orange for me as I am pinker based. As for coverage, (note I usually wear tinted moisturizers) I would say medium. It covers pigmentation and a red capillary almost but not fully. I could get away without concealer except under my eyes. I feel my skin looks a little dull (my skin is the same colour all over) but this could be as I usually wear a sheerer finish. Pores around my nose have that 'dotty' look. This colour is too dark for my favourite blusher Benefit Dandelion. I'm going to give it a few more goes as I'm not used to a foundation. Also, it is currently winter in Australia so it may be a better colour match useful later in the year. Will alter review after more use.

on 7/14/2018 9:48:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

First, let me say I did not want to buy this foundation. I wanted the L'oreal LUMI in the bottle;; but for whatever reason, l'Oreal does not make C2 in Lumi in a bottle. It is available in compact form, which is little foundation for a bigger price. Nonetheless, I have both. (I do wish l'Oreal would make Lumi in C2 in the bottle with a pump) . I found this foundation to be excellent, buildable, and I like that quality. It does not go on heavy (I apply with a sponge); and gives I would say light to medium coverage. It feels "clean" on my skin and I like that. I had been using several other products and for whatever reason, I started to break out , and badly (one would think that in one's 60's, we gals would be past that) and with this, I do not. I do use a finishing powder with it ( ELF shimmer, the most wonderful loose powder, for six bucks, you cannot go wrong, its the bomb). I know some women prefer a bottle with a pump but I always suspect that pumps leave a lot in the bottle that we cannot use. I gave price 4 lippies because it is a small bottle compared, again, to Lumi. But, it is still a great foundation for the price.

I have used this foundation for years off and on. I finally made the decision to not repurchase, I am sick of this foundation making me look like a grease ball! I already have an oily T-zone and I have noticed this foundation cannot withstand an oily face at all. I apply it in the morning for work and not even two hours later I have to use a blotting sheet. I just switched to Revlon Colorstay and I have not had to blot my face this morning at all, such a massive difference in those foundations. The Loreal color selection is great but I have always worn the shade W4 and the color oxidizes so my face looks more pink/red than my neck even though I am wearing a "warm" shade. Good news is (and why I used for so long) it never broke me out and did provide ample coverage however, I would not recommend to anybody with oily skin or even combination skin as you will have to blot your face at least 4-5 times a day.