L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17

3.3

(2018 REFORMULATED)water, dimethicone, isododecane, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, PEG-10 dimethicone, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, butylene glycol, synthetic fluorphlogopite, disteardimonium hectorite, hydroxyethylpiperazine ethane sulfonic acid,cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, sodium chloride, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, hexyl laurate, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, disodium stearoyl glutamate, tocopherol, panthenol, aluminum hydroxide, hydroxyethyl urea, hydrated silica, methicone, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate....OLD FORMULA: Active: Titanium Dioxide (3.01) Inactive: Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidnyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol, Panthenol, Alumina, Methicone. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 7, FIL B34903/3. (Taken from packaging, 12/2010, USA)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Maybe I'm just an old scaly lizard woman but this foundation is AWFUL on me. It clings to patches of dry skin both known and unknown... and just makes me look like I don't know how to put makeup on. I mean, I may as well put a sign around my neck saying LOOK AT MY FOUNDATION. It doesn't blend and it looks like clay. And yes I moisturise and prime first. I give it half a star each for ok shade match and pump packaging.

on 2/11/2019 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Oh come ON!

First, I think this formula has changed over the years. And second, I never experienced "patchy" until I met this foundation! It must be the titanium dioxide.

I have good skin. But this made good skin look just AWFUL.

Dull, uneven coverage. And even with 50 shades, it still doesn't match.

I applaude L'Oreal for the truly dark shades. So rework the formula.

on 1/31/2019 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this foundation. C3 is a perfect color for my NW20-25 skin tone. I have mature dry skin with large pores, lines, wrinkles and this foundation looks very natural. I like using a damp beauty blender to apply. The bottle is messy, a pump would be better.

on 1/13/2019 6:04:00 PM

Good match for my pale skin—I have very pink undertones, but actually went with the warm tones since pink on pink is not a good look. Medium coverage, goes on super dry but does not dry skin or flake. Not long wearing at all, settled in pores in a few hours even with primer. Decent, but I need heavier coverage and longer wear.

on 1/7/2019 12:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Not sure why I waited this long to try this! This foundation is surprisingly nice! I have complicated skin... combo,dry,sensitive acne prone! This foundation hasn’t caused any breakouts or irritation. I also love the finish, skin like yet not too dewy. It also does not settle in fine lines and does not emphasize pores or any texture. Coverage is buildable to medium. Lasting power is good, but I don’t have super oily skin.
However, considering the number of shades they have, I struggled to find a proper match for me.
I have nc20/25 skin. In order to make it work, I purchased 2 shades: (n2 classic ivory, neutral) & (w3 nude beige, warm). By mixing these together I get a perfect shade match! I’ll eventually be using W3 only when summer arrives!
Overall I’m happy with it 😊

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I wanted to like this product. It sounds perfect for me and my skin on paper. First issue: I could not find a colour match. None of my local stores have the complete range and none of the ones I tried were a great match - close but slightly off each time. Second issue: It's really, really runny and light coverage. I wanted light -medium coverage but this was pretty much as light as my BB cream and I couldn't build it without it catching dry patches. Third issue: It didn't really set and transferred badly whenever I touched my face. If I set with powder I lost the nice finish and it accentuated dry patches.

I liked the dewiness of the product and the packaging was ok (the pump seemed to get a bit messy). I ended up mixing this product in with other foundations to use it up. I'd consider repurchasing and giving it another go if I could find the right shade and test it out first.

on 10/27/2018 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

overall: 8/10

This is a decent foundation. It lasts pretty well, isn't drying and the colour match (C1) is great for my skin tone. It is a little expensive, at over $30 in Australia, although L'Oreal is often on sale. The coverage is light-medium. I have other foundations I like more, but I would repurchase this.

on 10/11/2018 7:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have to give props to the reviewer below my review-- because he/she mentioned the new ingredients, I went out to try this foundation. I always wanted to, but the old ingredients had a higher level comedogenic ingredient, Isostearyl Neopentanoate. However, the new late 2018 ingredients no longer have it, or any higher than one level two comedogenic ingredient which is Vit E.

I grabbed shades W2.0 and W2.5 -- 2.0 was too light, 2.5 is still a tad light but actually perfect to my neck and undertone (i have melasma so my face looks so tan). Im NC15/20 with strong yellow undertones, which is why W2.5 was perfect.

I tried this with a brush-- no. It dried too fast. A damp sponge was great and I was able to build coverage on spots with just my fingers. The wear was "meh" by the end of the day it had wore off pretty much and I was a little shiny (but not bad!)-- which is why I gave it a three. I used without primer so Ill try primer next time and plan to test down the road continuously to see about breakouts. Was lightweight and not greasy/heavy at all.

Worth trying if you cant find your undertone in other brands!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Let's get the negative out of the way first: L'Oréal has quietly reformulated this foundation. I checked, and this reformulation has occurred straight across the shade board. Sure, as ever the ingredients are listed on the bottles themselves - so legally, they are covered. But as of October 2018, still no reflection of this complete ingredient revamp on L'Oréal's own website's product page. Not surprisingly, retailers likewise do not reflect the reformulation - likely because they aren't aware of it. With allergies, acne, eczema, & other prevalent skin issues, this omission was & continues to be ill-advised. Of course I've updated the ingredients here.

The recent ingredient change has been contemporaneous with the foundation's shade expansion to what is now an impressive 45 shades, & L'Oréal's subsequent sending PR to YouTubers, who have been raving about this foundation. Commenters would remark that they tried True Match in the past, for some reason didn't like it, gave it another go because of the video, & love it now. I also tried it years ago, loved the match, but hated the formulation. This gave me pause: is all this new love simply explained by the nearly 15 year-old foundation being reintroduced to the fickle public focused on what's new, or is there something different about True Match? After all, the packaging itself hasn't changed at all.

So I checked it out in-store. Lo & behold ... totally different ingredients.

Dimethicone as the now-second ingredient made me cringe a bit because I am acne-prone. But since my only problem in the past with this foundation wasn't the match (which was amazing!) but the shiny finish, I got over my annoyance of what's explained above & picked up a bottle of W1. I have NC5-10 skin that is not easy to match & wasn't about to pass on the opportunity for a jackpot neck-match that also looks good *all at the very same time*.

Verdict: I love this new formulation. Still matches great. None of that old unflattering, sweaty-looking shine. Consistency is still thin & runny, but it covers more. It does build without caking. Finish is natural & gives you that poreless look - at least medium coverage. Very oil-controlling. I would compare True Match as it is now with Estée Lauder Double Wear (56 shades) - which sadly breaks me out. Which brings me to my next point ...

Breakouts: zero. If my skin hates a foundation, a zit starts forming that night. Well, NO breakouts after 3 days in a row of wear.

My excitement about this foundation's improvement is a bit spoiled by L'Oréal's continued omission of its big changes. I've suggested an ingredient update to them on Twitter & am mentioning it here. Come on, guys: cop to it.

on 8/29/2018 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this foundation! This is the only foundation I have tried that doesn't look like a dry cakey mess! I found my perfect shade, which I have not been able to do with any other foundations. It has a very natural finish that lasts all day on me. I have used a lot of drugstore and high end foundations and this is the best yet!