Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup
TruBlend Liquid MakeupTruBlend Liquid MakeupCG's truBlend Creamy Natural oxidising on my hand No TitleTruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

i admit, if it weren't for YouTube, my makeup collection would definitely be only about 10% of what i have right now.

i wanted to try it for the longest time but didnt see any videos talking about this from my favorite youtuberss so i held off.

pros
- great color range
-pump
- clear bottle
-affordable ~$10

cons
-just average product

so this foundation, while it took me forever to try it out, i know why its not that talked about, it is just ok

it did its job, covered everything i needed to, lasted a fair amount of time, but also the feel, texture of this foundation didnt make me say "wow" when I applied it.

some formulas have that ability to feel very good when applying it but this felt slightly chalky and slippery at the same time

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through 3 bottles of this foundation now. I'm very fair and it matches me which can be difficult to find. I have normal/dry skin, I hardly get breakouts but I have redness. I have tried many foundations - mostly high-end, and this is for sure one of my favourites. I find that it blends in nicely, light on the face and provides light to medium coverage. When I saw the reviews I was surprised how many didn't like it. Definitely one of my faves and cheap too!

To Read all 760 Reviews, Login or Join

on 9/6/2016 4:07:00 PM

I was really excited for this foundation because I finally found one that matched my skin (L1). Unfortunately, the coverage was patchy and settled into all my lines. It was horrible, would not recommend.

on 5/6/2016 2:37:00 PM

I love this foundation!
I have combo skin and this is one of the only drugstore foundations that is fairly forgiving of both my oily and dry patches. With primer and sunscreen underneath it lasts about as long as you'd expect a drugstore one too.
I'd say it's very similar to the Mary Kay foundations, but slightly better actually.
I apply with either a dampened RT sponge, or the RT expert face brush. The brush gives you more coverage than the sponge (obviously) but both work. I use various primers underneath, but you don't absolutely need one. Without a primer, I'd say that on me it lasts like 4-6 hours without fading, and slightly more with a primer. But I am more of a dry/sensitive combo skin. My oily patches are not super oily.
For lasting power, I will say that by the end of the day it has faded a lot - if you want complete coverage for the whole day, don't get this foundation. But if you want a lighter coverage foundation during the summer, this is a good one! But use a primer, it'll last WAY longer.
lastly IT HAS A PUMP. I was going to get the 3-in-1 CoverGirl one, but I seriously bought this foundation instead because 1) It was cheaper and 2) It has a pump. It's miraculous.

on 4/8/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought two for my friend, who has cool toned normal skin. They were buy one get one 50% and a I had a coupon for $3 off two. I bought shades l2 and l5. l5 is wayyyyy dark, but when mixed with l2 it's a bit better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I BOUGHT THIS IN THE LIGHTEST SHADE THE COLOR IS GOOD,BUT IT REMINDS ME OF REVLON COLORSTAY (PAINT LIKE),IT SEPERATES,ITS TOO GLOSSY LIKE OIL PAINT,IT SETS INTO CREASES,NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR FOUNDATION.

on 3/15/2016 10:26:00 PM

now I know why I waited so long to buy this. but before that, lemme just say that i love the shade selection and the packaging of this foundation. 21 shades to choose from, i think thats the most I've seen from the drugstore. ( L7 matches my skintone) i love products that come with a pump and this one comes with a twist that you can lock/unlock for extra security. but although i do like these 2 aspects, i find the formula does not really blend into my skin that well. it seems to a sit on top of my skin and might have even made me a little itchy. im not willing to test it again so i will be returning this

scratch that l'oreal true match has the most shades

on 3/15/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love that the product has a lockable pump that way if you lose the cap the product won't dry out of spill anywhere. I also love that the colors are located on the cap in large font so you know what color you are. Any other foundation I have has the color or colorcode on a sticker on the bottom that fades and if I can't remember the color k was in SOL.
I used the liquid foundation L4 with the concealer L5-6-7 because the store was out of L1-2-3-4. I also used the powder in L5-6-7 they matched my skin tone very well I have pink undertones.
I loved the color combination for the concealer and powder coordinated with the liquid foundation.
The product was very buildable, one coat that was only 1 was light coverage. 1 coat that was 2 pumps was medium covetable and a second later of 1 pimp on top of the 2 pump first layer was full coverage. It wasn't cakey at all it was very build able and looked pretty natural. I recommend a powder for a matte finish to this product, however it looked good on its own.
I have discoloration on my cheeks and acne too this product was able to cover it all and still looked natural and didn't feel cakey. It felt smooth to the touch with minimal transfer when I touched my face.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the smell. It has that thick makeupy paint smell to it like most liquid foundations. However it felt very lightweight but had great coverage.
The price was $8.44 plus tax in New York at Walmart which is a little above average pricing for a cover girl foundation but still a very fair price.

on 3/6/2016 6:26:00 PM

I'm getting to love cover girl foundation. I have 2 now that I very like and be part of my foundation routine. I have 5 right now that I rotated everyday. I owned Chanel Perfection Lumiere, laura mercier tinted moisturizer, cover girl tru blend, cover girl ready set gorgeous, and my Korean brand AHC cushion foundation. Tru blend is very good for normal to dry skin type. This well not going to last through out work day if you have very oily skin. On my normal to dry skin this will last me through out my 8 hours work day. This foundation give me a satin finished that I like and this foundation give very natural look. If you have good skin try this out if you have acne skip this foundation due to this will give you light to lighter side of medium coverage only. If you have pigmentation skip this as well like I said only no issue skin. I will buy this foundation to my collection again in the future due to cost me $9.17 with taxed already I got it at Target. Great foundation for normal to dry skin with out skin issued. I'm on shade L7.

on 2/19/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have clear, sensitive skin that's generally normal to dry with slight redness, or, if I travel a lot/don't eat well, quite dry with dry patches and a lot of redness.
---
When I bought this I was having a bad skin week and hated it - too drying (the trublend dry skin primer did exactly nothing), impossible to apply with a damp beauty blender, and it clung to dry patches. The colour matched quite well though, so I decided to hold on to it and give it another try when my skin was doing better.
Second time around, with my skin as it normally is, it worked quite well. It's quite light coverage was more than enough to cover my slight redness, and it made my skin look natural and healthy. I still can't apply it with a damp beauty blender though, only fingers work.

I don't regret purchasing it and plan on using it up, but I think I'll shop around for something that's kinder to dry skin when I'm done with my bottle.