COVERGIRL TruBlend Liquid Makeup

COVERGIRL TruBlend Liquid Makeup
TruBlend Liquid MakeupTruBlend Liquid MakeupCG's truBlend Creamy Natural oxidising on my hand No TitleTruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 6/4/2018 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've finally come to the conclusion that this just doesn't work for me. I rarely wear foundation and I'm coming to a point where I'd much rather spend some extra money on a bottle of foundation that will really work with my skin, as well as last longer, rather than pay less and fight with my makeup to make it look good. I'll break down my thoughts below.

I'm pale as can be, with eyebrows that are near non-existent once they get bleached by the sun in summer and strawberry blonde hair. I hover between the shades L1 to L2/L3 depending if it's winter or summer. I wear sunscreen daily and only burn or freckle when in the sun, not much tanning happens otherwise. These shades match me really well, but that's unfortunately one of the few pros.

Due to sun damage, I have some pretty deep set wrinkles on my forehead despite being only 22. This foundation settles into those, as well as the fine lines around my eyes and my pores, making me look crepey and older . For that reason I just can't build this up with a brush, sponge, fingers, nothing. It just migrates into any lines almost immediately. Setting immediately with a powder makes it look cakey, but waiting for it to dry down would require me to stay completely expressionless for longer than I'm willing. This leads to the next point.

This foundation just doesn't really dry down. It stays tacky and transfers everywhere. Setting with powder helps somewhat, but this has very little staying power. For some reason it sits squarely on top of my skin and just does not sink in or adhere enough to keep it from being wiped/scratched off every time I touch my face, or smudge around when powdering on top. Within a few hours I've usually moved my hair out of the way, scratched itches, and overall touched my face enough for most of it to be gone. Because my skin is dry, I use a moisturizer under my makeup. I've tried without, and with primer, but it looks worse if my skin isn't prepped.

Some pros of it were that I didn't notice it irritate or break out my skin, and it had no obvious fragrance which was a big plus. Unfortunately overall this just doesn't work for me. I've struggled through a bottle, and with less than 1/5th left, it's time for me to toss it and try something new.

on 12/27/2017 12:04:00 PM

So, here's my quandary. I am L1. No bones about it. I am about as pale as Nikkie from NikkieTutorials, only a tidge less prone to redness. And in the undertone department I am so good. This does not ghost me out or give me porcelain doll face. Unfortunately, it oxidizes. Part of the problem is the setting powder I'm using, this I well know, but I definitely get something a little more yellow in undertone than I actually am. (Who knew? All these years I've been a neutral -- it's just that everyone around me is either VERY tan or VERY pink.)

Next time I try the Maybelline one Nikkie recommended, then. It's only a few bucks more and apparently dupes Huda Beauty.

on 9/25/2017 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

The only, and I mean THE ONLY foundation I have found so far at the drugstore that is actually yellow. I'm talking about the shade m4. It is a true olive-yellow color and when blended out it stays that way, unlike other "warm" foundations that blend out leaving a weird pinky hue. Unfortunately, that is the only pro about this foundation 🙁. It doesnt cover much, or last long. It settles into fine lines and over time it separates into yuckiness.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Bought this in D2 which is Sun Beige. The shade is a great match. It blends naturally & beautifully into the skin. The look's a natrual finish on me. However, it takes 2 plus layers for any coverage, formula's very watery & it does last all that long. It's an ok foundation. Glad I got it on discount at about $10.50. It won't cover my hyperpigmentation scars or dark under eye area. It is tho a good foundation for low key days. Will use it up fine, just not re-purchase.

Totally eating my words with this foundation. I've given some not so great reviews of Cover Girl products here before, and for the most part have sworn off any base product from this brand. Then I was in CVS one day and for some reason decided to pick up a bottle of this in L2, and I'm so happy I did.

To begin, L2 matches me perfectly. I have neutral to slightly warm undertones, and always have a problem finding a foundation that is both neutral and fair enough for my skin (I wish I could tell these companies that not every pale person has pink undertones, but I digress). In fact, I think it's a better match than my old standby L'Oreal True Match in N2, since it is ever so slightly lighter.

The coverage is light, buildable to medium, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I can still see my skin underneath, and it feels like I'm wearing nothing. My skin is in the B+ range, so this suits my needs just fine, but those with issues needing coverage will not like this. The finish is a natural matte on me, which gradually gets dewier as the day goes on.

I will admit that the wear time is just average, probably 7-8 hours at most on my combination skin. I'm fine with this, since I don't really like the feel of long-wear products anyway. But again, if this concerns you, you're going to want to go with a different product.

Overall, this is an above-average product for those with needs similar to mine, that is people with dry to combination skin who want light to low medium coverage without the hassle of other liquid foundations.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This whole tru-blend line is the best thing to happen to make-up in years, in my opinion. The #7 foundation is a perfect match on me, and grabbing the powder and blush to match is a cinch. It all stays on and looks good all day.

on 3/2/2017 4:08:00 PM

I tried this on a whim, and I'm sorry I did. Barely any coverage, rubs off in a matter of hours. Does not blend well and generally seems watery. Don't waste your money

on 1/15/2017 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! I bought it because I hard such a hard time finding a yellow toned foundation at the drugstore since most of them match me horribly. They are either too orangey looking or pink. It's not too thick, not too liquidy, the consistency is perfect. The coverage is medium but still buildable to a higher coverage. The finish is natural and I really like that because you can't tell wether your wearing foundation or not but it stays on well all day at least 8 hours. Usually I have a problem with goundation looking too cakey on me because I have some areas on my face that can be pretty dry sometimes due to rashes since I have sensitive skin. It doesn't break me out either. I don't have nothing to complain on concerning this foundation. I actually find it to be an underated foundation at the drugstore.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have gone through 3 bottles of this foundation now. I'm very fair and it matches me which can be difficult to find. I have normal/dry skin, I hardly get breakouts but I have redness. I have tried many foundations - mostly high-end, and this is for sure one of my favourites. I find that it blends in nicely, light on the face and provides light to medium coverage. When I saw the reviews I was surprised how many didn't like it. Definitely one of my faves and cheap too!

i admit, if it weren't for YouTube, my makeup collection would definitely be only about 10% of what i have right now.

i wanted to try it for the longest time but didnt see any videos talking about this from my favorite youtuberss so i held off.

pros
- great color range
-pump
- clear bottle
-affordable ~$10

cons
-just average product

so this foundation, while it took me forever to try it out, i know why its not that talked about, it is just ok

it did its job, covered everything i needed to, lasted a fair amount of time, but also the feel, texture of this foundation didnt make me say "wow" when I applied it.

some formulas have that ability to feel very good when applying it but this felt slightly chalky and slippery at the same time