Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

Cover Girl TruBlend Liquid Makeup

3.1

Water (Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, PEG 10 Dimethicone, PCA Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Methylmethacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Squalane, Phenoxyethanol, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cyclomethicone, Propylparaben, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Polysorbate 60, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Zinc Oxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain: Yellow 5 Lake, Red 36

on 5/6/2016 2:37:00 PM

I love this foundation!
I have combo skin and this is one of the only drugstore foundations that is fairly forgiving of both my oily and dry patches. With primer and sunscreen underneath it lasts about as long as you'd expect a drugstore one too.
I'd say it's very similar to the Mary Kay foundations, but slightly better actually.
I apply with either a dampened RT sponge, or the RT expert face brush. The brush gives you more coverage than the sponge (obviously) but both work. I use various primers underneath, but you don't absolutely need one. Without a primer, I'd say that on me it lasts like 4-6 hours without fading, and slightly more with a primer. But I am more of a dry/sensitive combo skin. My oily patches are not super oily.
For lasting power, I will say that by the end of the day it has faded a lot - if you want complete coverage for the whole day, don't get this foundation. But if you want a lighter coverage foundation during the summer, this is a good one! But use a primer, it'll last WAY longer.
lastly IT HAS A PUMP. I was going to get the 3-in-1 CoverGirl one, but I seriously bought this foundation instead because 1) It was cheaper and 2) It has a pump. It's miraculous.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I have oily skin so this foundation only lasted on my skin for 2-3 hours before I had to constantly apply a mist and powder my face to keep it intact. It separated on my T-zone and it looked like molten oil paint on my face. I will not be repurchasing.

To Read all 758 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/8/2016 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought two for my friend, who has cool toned normal skin. They were buy one get one 50% and a I had a coupon for $3 off two. I bought shades l2 and l5. l5 is wayyyyy dark, but when mixed with l2 it's a bit better.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I BOUGHT THIS IN THE LIGHTEST SHADE THE COLOR IS GOOD,BUT IT REMINDS ME OF REVLON COLORSTAY (PAINT LIKE),IT SEPERATES,ITS TOO GLOSSY LIKE OIL PAINT,IT SETS INTO CREASES,NOT A GOOD LOOK FOR FOUNDATION.

on 3/15/2016 10:26:00 PM

now I know why I waited so long to buy this. but before that, lemme just say that i love the shade selection and the packaging of this foundation. 21 shades to choose from, i think thats the most I've seen from the drugstore. ( L7 matches my skintone) i love products that come with a pump and this one comes with a twist that you can lock/unlock for extra security. but although i do like these 2 aspects, i find the formula does not really blend into my skin that well. it seems to a sit on top of my skin and might have even made me a little itchy. im not willing to test it again so i will be returning this

scratch that l'oreal true match has the most shades

on 3/15/2016 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love that the product has a lockable pump that way if you lose the cap the product won't dry out of spill anywhere. I also love that the colors are located on the cap in large font so you know what color you are. Any other foundation I have has the color or colorcode on a sticker on the bottom that fades and if I can't remember the color k was in SOL.
I used the liquid foundation L4 with the concealer L5-6-7 because the store was out of L1-2-3-4. I also used the powder in L5-6-7 they matched my skin tone very well I have pink undertones.
I loved the color combination for the concealer and powder coordinated with the liquid foundation.
The product was very buildable, one coat that was only 1 was light coverage. 1 coat that was 2 pumps was medium covetable and a second later of 1 pimp on top of the 2 pump first layer was full coverage. It wasn't cakey at all it was very build able and looked pretty natural. I recommend a powder for a matte finish to this product, however it looked good on its own.
I have discoloration on my cheeks and acne too this product was able to cover it all and still looked natural and didn't feel cakey. It felt smooth to the touch with minimal transfer when I touched my face.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the smell. It has that thick makeupy paint smell to it like most liquid foundations. However it felt very lightweight but had great coverage.
The price was $8.44 plus tax in New York at Walmart which is a little above average pricing for a cover girl foundation but still a very fair price.

on 3/6/2016 6:26:00 PM

I'm getting to love cover girl foundation. I have 2 now that I very like and be part of my foundation routine. I have 5 right now that I rotated everyday. I owned Chanel Perfection Lumiere, laura mercier tinted moisturizer, cover girl tru blend, cover girl ready set gorgeous, and my Korean brand AHC cushion foundation. Tru blend is very good for normal to dry skin type. This well not going to last through out work day if you have very oily skin. On my normal to dry skin this will last me through out my 8 hours work day. This foundation give me a satin finished that I like and this foundation give very natural look. If you have good skin try this out if you have acne skip this foundation due to this will give you light to lighter side of medium coverage only. If you have pigmentation skip this as well like I said only no issue skin. I will buy this foundation to my collection again in the future due to cost me $9.17 with taxed already I got it at Target. Great foundation for normal to dry skin with out skin issued. I'm on shade L7.

on 2/19/2016 5:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have clear, sensitive skin that's generally normal to dry with slight redness, or, if I travel a lot/don't eat well, quite dry with dry patches and a lot of redness.
---
When I bought this I was having a bad skin week and hated it - too drying (the trublend dry skin primer did exactly nothing), impossible to apply with a damp beauty blender, and it clung to dry patches. The colour matched quite well though, so I decided to hold on to it and give it another try when my skin was doing better.
Second time around, with my skin as it normally is, it worked quite well. It's quite light coverage was more than enough to cover my slight redness, and it made my skin look natural and healthy. I still can't apply it with a damp beauty blender though, only fingers work.

I don't regret purchasing it and plan on using it up, but I think I'll shop around for something that's kinder to dry skin when I'm done with my bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using this foundation for 2 years. I actually started out with L4 and have moved to L1 as I have paled (miserably) and I don't think I was ever that shade. It just looked right in the bottle. 16-year-old me approved. I do not.

On to the product! I have generally clear skin with a hint of redness in my cheeks. This is utter perfection. I love how smooth it is and how well it covers that flush I so adamantly hate. Big hair and red cheeks don't mix too well, so says my mother (thanks, Mom). It glides over everything with ease. I love that I can wear it alone without concealer! Sometimes (*gasp*) I don't wear primer with it, and everything still works out beautifully, including my face!

It is totally possible to wear this without powder and primer for me, and that's what I love. I might just be the lucky jerk of the pack, though.

The packaging is a blessing in itself. I love the pump, but I'm not so big on the see-through cap. It gets messy a lot, and then lazy old me has to clean it! I would buy a lifetime supply of this if I could afford it.

on 1/11/2016 4:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I bought this product because I was out of my regular foundation (Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1) and they didn't have it in stock at the drugstore.

This foundation was $15 (Canadian), and it's terrible! It feel heavy on my face, yet it doesn't cover AT ALL. It comes off as soon as I touch my face at all. I'm a girl who wears glasses, and this foundation immediately came off as soon as I put my glasses on. It also tends to get cakey, and if I have any dry skin on my face at all (most of the time from a zit) then this stuff collects on it and makes the dry skin stand out in the worst way possible.

Absolutely NOT worth the price. The only good thing is the design of the bottle. It has a pump and a lid, which is really easy to use.