no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

14 years ago

I love this mask. It may be a bit harsh for sensitive skin, though my skin is fairly sensitive and it only stings a bit. I notice a difference immediately - my face looks fresher with more of a glow - and the results last for days. I've gone through several jars and just ordered another.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairBlond

EyesGreen

2.0

14 years ago

I bought this during a bad breakout period. My skin was not sensitive at the time, but this mask felt super harsh on me. It dried me out so much that I had oozing-pus crust all over my face. I think I am allergic to this and it probably will work on oilier skin (I have dehydrated combination/sensitive skin). Will not recommend to people with sensitive skin at all.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

EyesHazel

14 years ago

One of the few mask products I would consider purchasing again. I have combination skin that is slightly sensitive and the strong scent of the product had me concerned that it would be too strong for my needs. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it keeps my T-zone in good shape and my drier areas in great shape as well as long as I use it no more than 1X week, maybe less. It smoothes on easily and isn't too thick, as some clay masks are, or too thin as I found Decleor's Clay and Herbal mask to be. Overall a pleasant surprise as I find Cellex-C products to be a bit too "medicinal" for my taste.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age36-43

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I just used this mask for the first time and have found it makes a visible difference in my skin immediately. my skin was a little cleared up and had a glow. i plan on using once a week, and will update if necessary. i give it a 4 instead of a 5 because it didnt make extractions any easier as i had expected.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

15 years ago

I had a massive breakout and clogged pores all over when summer just started. I got this from Douglas, the SA said it was one of the best sellers, and though it was a little expensive, i reasoned it out that it'll last me a while since it's a mask and i'll only use it 2x a week max. Turns out, it's been so great for my skin. My breakout cleared up in a few days, my blackheads have been reduced and my pores have shrunk. I use it religiously 2x a week now, it stings a little initially but you'll get used to it. I'm not sure about oil control after that cos i live in a rather hot and humid climate right now, but i'm definitely buying this again after i'm done.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

HairBlack

15 years ago

While I'm not generally a fan of Cellex-C, this mask is pretty awesome. I like it when my skin is bumpy or clogged and in need of some exfoliation and deep cleansing. It has glycolic and lactic acid, as well as some willow bark. Also a touch of clay and some anti-inflammatories. It also has ingredients like peppermint and menthol, which aren't really good for skin but give you a nice cooling sensation. I like that idea, but something a little more subtle would have been nice. This gets downright cold on your face. But afterwards my skin is shiny and happy and clear, and I can push any extra gook out of my pores. So yeah.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

15 years ago

I was surprised to find, I love this mask. I discovered it at Sephora one evening when I had some severe breakouts and knew that I had to go out the next night. I was pretty much desperate for a quick fix. This actually provided my quick fix! All of my blemishes were diminished with several disappearing altogether and my pores were completely cleaned out and much smaller. This also gave my usually pale skin a nice glow that stayed with me all night. I have extremely sensitive skin and I expected this to burn as much as the astara blue flame mask but suprisingly it just didn't. I haven't been impressed with the rest of Cellex-C's line but this is one of my favorite butt kicking, skin clearing up, glow giving, pore shrinking, oh my gosh why does your skin look so good, masks. Enough said!

About reviewer (182 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

15 years ago

I just wasn't impressed w/the mask at all. I actually like the astara blue flame better.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone

16 years ago

Sephora lady recommended this mask over Astara. I have combo skin that is oilier in the summer and drier in the winter, and this mask is definitely a summer mask for me. It is pretty strong (I wouldn't use it if you have sensitive skin), but it sure helps keeping my complexion clear.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

HairBlack