Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil
Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.2

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 3/29/2017 5:29:00 PM

The scent of this oil is exactly like Shalimar from Guerlain, which I love and wear.
My skin is normal but can feel dry specially after cleansing. This oil left my skin feeling the softest baby butt!
I can be allergic and have headaches or breakouts on my skin but this oil didnt cause me any problems, only happiness.

on 3/20/2017 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

It may be too early to write this. My face has been so dehydrated since moving to Denver from Seattle. I finally realized, I need an actual oil on my skin. I started with the sample size and used it now and then. I finally got the big size yesterday. Today, surprise no tightness, at least very little. I have my fingers crossed that this will be the magic bullet. I used to have oily skin, but after hitting 60, it has dried out considerably. This stuff smells so wonderful, just another bonus. I will update in 2 weeks. So far, no breakouts. I would have probably known that after using the trial size. I use 3 drops after my moisturizer and before sunblock. I read somewhere that you put the oil on after the moisturizer, since oil can penetrate cream and not vice versa. Just for what it is worth. :)

on 12/21/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I heard a lot of hype about this product and finally decided to try it. It is better to use it when your skin is still moist after toner. I mix it with my moisturizer and they work beautifully together. I don't feel the stickiness when using this oil alone. It's more blendable when mixed with a moisturizer. It's not a miracle worker I have to say. But indeed, what IS? I like the scent a lot actually, rather calming. The ingredients are natural and not too complicated, therefore good for my somewhat sensitive skin. Will repurchase for fall/winter.

on 12/15/2016 7:26:00 AM

This moisturized well and helped balance my skin, but I am pretty sure it triggered migraines. I couldn't understand why I kept getting migraines every night until I picked this oil up to apply it and I had a "aha"-moment. I didn't use it that night and I was okay. Used it the next night (because I am an idiot) and I woke up with a migraine..
I'm also think it might have caused some cystic breakouts on my chin, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Sucks, because like I said it moisturised well and felt nice.

on 11/6/2016 12:50:00 PM

Excellent product for dehydrated skin. I have oily skin so I only use it thrice a weak from November to March, mixing it with my night cream and it works. People with dry or normal skin could use it more often, I suppose. I avoid applying it in day time, I am afraid exposure to sunlight could cause redness or freckles.
Tip: Better keep it in the frigde, especially in the summer.

on 2/13/2017 8:07:00 AM

This is sort of a holy grail for me. I got it as a gift and the first thing I wanted to do was give it away because I have acne prone and combi skin and thought that this would just make my face oilier. Realising the importance of moisturising my skin because of dryness caused from acne medications has changed my life and I am not exaggerating. It has a calming scent to it which I don't mind. I remember my skin being SO damn soft and just so extremely hydrated. This is one product I can't bear to forget applying - I use it daily every night atop all my applications.

on 6/4/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Clarins Blue Lotus is a good option for a facial oil for dehydrated skin. It's gentle and sits well under other skin care products, as well as under sunscreen and makeup. It's not intensly moisturizing, but seems to add balance and suppleness to the skin.

I love the scent. I can't explain what it smells like - maybe a musky high-end spa.

I have dry and dehydrated skin. Blue Lotus is for dehydrated and Santal is for dry skin. Santal was out of stock everywhere for a long time, which is why I went with Blue Lotus.

If you have dry and dehydrated skin, you'll need another moisturizer as part of your routine.

Price: $57.00 USD for 1oz. Facial oils can be expensive, but I do think this is one of the better priced options on the market - compared to Sunday Riley and others.

I've recently started using a small amount of facial oil in the morning under moisturiser to create a glow that's softer than I can get from highlighter. After finishing a bottle of Ila oil (which I loved) I thought I'd try Clarins as it's known for its oils.

Honestly, I'm disappointed. This stuff is very thick so it drags on application (it might be easier to use in a warmer climate), it takes a while to absorb and I cannot stand the very old fashioned strongly perfumey smell. Clarins products normally smell gorgeous but this is close to unbearable. I've been advised to try blending it into the moisturiser but in the morning that would thin out the spf so I can't do that. And I couldn't imagine using it at night as it is so greasy it would ruin the pillow.

On a positive note it sinks in after about an hour and my skin looks OK (although not as good as after the Ila) and I haven't broken out as much as usual. And it's not too expensive. But I won't repurchase and I'll be relieved to finish it.

on 2/23/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this oil! After trying this in a sample size, I just had to buy the full size bottle when I ran out of my sample. Although some might not agree I do really love the smell! I have very sensitive and dehydrated skin, especially with the British weather during this time of year! I firstly used this alone, as advised by the clarins lady. I didn't put moisturiser over the top as my skin hates being bombarded with products. After a few days my skin feels transformed. It's a beautiful oil! Although I do think using this too often could lead to breakouts as it is strong. I now mix it in with my normal Elemis night moisturiser every other night and find it really has rebalanced my skin.

on 10/13/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love Clarins. I have a very sensitive skin but I'm mostly comfortable with their products. I got a sample of this a couple of months ago and it felt and smelled lovely so to get some extra comfort for winter I bought this oil about six weeks ago, to use with my favorite moisturizer, the richer version or HydraQuench cream.

First, I didn't notice any huge improvement in my skin's condition. On the contrary, it kind of felt drier and uncomfortable in the morning. And then it started to break out. It became itchy, flaky, red. I stopped all fancier products and went to basics, which to me means mainly Avene skin care, plus sugar-free diet. And after about a month of detective work this oil, that I so much wanted to love, turned out to be the culprit.

Now it sits on my bedside table where it lives it's second career as cuticle oil. Works well. But really, I feel sorry for it. It had much bigger ambitions.