Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil
Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.2

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 12/21/2016 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I heard a lot of hype about this product and finally decided to try it. It is better to use it when your skin is still moist after toner. I mix it with my moisturizer and they work beautifully together. I don't feel the stickiness when using this oil alone. It's more blendable when mixed with a moisturizer. It's not a miracle worker I have to say. But indeed, what IS? I like the scent a lot actually, rather calming. The ingredients are natural and not too complicated, therefore good for my somewhat sensitive skin. Will repurchase for fall/winter.

on 12/15/2016 7:26:00 AM

This moisturized well and helped balance my skin, but I am pretty sure it triggered migraines. I couldn't understand why I kept getting migraines every night until I picked this oil up to apply it and I had a "aha"-moment. I didn't use it that night and I was okay. Used it the next night (because I am an idiot) and I woke up with a migraine..
I'm also think it might have caused some cystic breakouts on my chin, but I'm not 100% sure about that.
Sucks, because like I said it moisturised well and felt nice.

on 11/6/2016 12:50:00 PM

Excellent product for dehydrated skin. I have oily skin so I only use it thrice a weak from November to March, mixing it with my night cream and it works. People with dry or normal skin could use it more often, I suppose. I avoid applying it in day time, I am afraid exposure to sunlight could cause redness or freckles.
Tip: Better keep it in the frigde, especially in the summer.

on 6/4/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Clarins Blue Lotus is a good option for a facial oil for dehydrated skin. It's gentle and sits well under other skin care products, as well as under sunscreen and makeup. It's not intensly moisturizing, but seems to add balance and suppleness to the skin.

I love the scent. I can't explain what it smells like - maybe a musky high-end spa.

I have dry and dehydrated skin. Blue Lotus is for dehydrated and Santal is for dry skin. Santal was out of stock everywhere for a long time, which is why I went with Blue Lotus.

If you have dry and dehydrated skin, you'll need another moisturizer as part of your routine.

Price: $57.00 USD for 1oz. Facial oils can be expensive, but I do think this is one of the better priced options on the market - compared to Sunday Riley and others.

I've recently started using a small amount of facial oil in the morning under moisturiser to create a glow that's softer than I can get from highlighter. After finishing a bottle of Ila oil (which I loved) I thought I'd try Clarins as it's known for its oils.

Honestly, I'm disappointed. This stuff is very thick so it drags on application (it might be easier to use in a warmer climate), it takes a while to absorb and I cannot stand the very old fashioned strongly perfumey smell. Clarins products normally smell gorgeous but this is close to unbearable. I've been advised to try blending it into the moisturiser but in the morning that would thin out the spf so I can't do that. And I couldn't imagine using it at night as it is so greasy it would ruin the pillow.

On a positive note it sinks in after about an hour and my skin looks OK (although not as good as after the Ila) and I haven't broken out as much as usual. And it's not too expensive. But I won't repurchase and I'll be relieved to finish it.

on 2/23/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this oil! After trying this in a sample size, I just had to buy the full size bottle when I ran out of my sample. Although some might not agree I do really love the smell! I have very sensitive and dehydrated skin, especially with the British weather during this time of year! I firstly used this alone, as advised by the clarins lady. I didn't put moisturiser over the top as my skin hates being bombarded with products. After a few days my skin feels transformed. It's a beautiful oil! Although I do think using this too often could lead to breakouts as it is strong. I now mix it in with my normal Elemis night moisturiser every other night and find it really has rebalanced my skin.

on 10/13/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love Clarins. I have a very sensitive skin but I'm mostly comfortable with their products. I got a sample of this a couple of months ago and it felt and smelled lovely so to get some extra comfort for winter I bought this oil about six weeks ago, to use with my favorite moisturizer, the richer version or HydraQuench cream.

First, I didn't notice any huge improvement in my skin's condition. On the contrary, it kind of felt drier and uncomfortable in the morning. And then it started to break out. It became itchy, flaky, red. I stopped all fancier products and went to basics, which to me means mainly Avene skin care, plus sugar-free diet. And after about a month of detective work this oil, that I so much wanted to love, turned out to be the culprit.

Now it sits on my bedside table where it lives it's second career as cuticle oil. Works well. But really, I feel sorry for it. It had much bigger ambitions.

on 3/25/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 weeks now so feel safe in saying it's the best thing I've used on my face in years. have always had really dry skin and have used every product under the sun to try and help. The ones that worked eventually stop being enough for my skin. Also pregnant and maybe that's why dryness was worse than usual. Wandered past a Clarins counter and a lovely lady offered to help, she could see by my red sore looking face what I needed. She used this oil first then hydra quench moisturiser. She was able to confirm my skin was dehydrated, which I couldn't decide on myself even after a lot of Internet research. My skin tone started calming down almost immediately. Have hern using it every morning and night since followed by the moisturiser and it's one of the best things I've ever done for my face. The tight lines are going, the horrible tight sore feeling is gone, it's such a treat. Smells quite strong but it's worth it. Like getting a facial each time I use it. Really happy I found it, after spending a fortune on various different products. Don't imagine it does much for wrinkles but will think about that later and just enjoy happy skin for now

on 3/17/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
I love using this in the cooler months. Although it is an oil, it does not feel greasy on the skin. It does not make me break out, however from time to time, it does enlarge my pores, but nothing a treatment mask can't fix. It smells great too. Please don't confuse this for some miracle serum nor soley as a moisturiser. It is an oil that is meant to balance the skin's moisture level. It is reasonably priced and the bottle lasts a VERY long time.

CONs:
It doesn't work for me in summer, but I don't mind having a break from it.

I will not repurchase this immediately after finishing the bottle, only because I would like to try their Santal Oil for winter. I will definitely repurchase when needed though.

on 1/30/2015 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

A superb treatment for really dry, older, winter skin (major problem here in Northern New England!). The eyedropper cap makes it very easy to measure out--a doubly good thing, since the product is expensive and you only need a very small amount. I typically use 6 to 8 drops, applying after cleansing and toning. I use this product about twice a week all winter; used daily, I think it would be too much of a good thing. The oil absorbs gradually and leaves skin soft. As with many Clarins products, the light, captivating fragrance is a bonus! Expensive product, but well worth the price as it does what creams can't.