Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

Clarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil
Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment OilClarins Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

4.2

Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed oil, Pogostemon Cablin (patchouli) oil, Aniba Roseodora (rosewood) wood oil, Parfum, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Dendrobium Phalaenopsis flower extract, Tocopherol, Linalool, Limonene, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Eugenol.

on 6/4/2016 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Clarins Blue Lotus is a good option for a facial oil for dehydrated skin. It's gentle and sits well under other skin care products, as well as under sunscreen and makeup. It's not intensly moisturizing, but seems to add balance and suppleness to the skin.

I love the scent. I can't explain what it smells like - maybe a musky high-end spa.

I have dry and dehydrated skin. Blue Lotus is for dehydrated and Santal is for dry skin. Santal was out of stock everywhere for a long time, which is why I went with Blue Lotus.

If you have dry and dehydrated skin, you'll need another moisturizer as part of your routine.

Price: $57.00 USD for 1oz. Facial oils can be expensive, but I do think this is one of the better priced options on the market - compared to Sunday Riley and others.

I've recently started using a small amount of facial oil in the morning under moisturiser to create a glow that's softer than I can get from highlighter. After finishing a bottle of Ila oil (which I loved) I thought I'd try Clarins as it's known for its oils.

Honestly, I'm disappointed. This stuff is very thick so it drags on application (it might be easier to use in a warmer climate), it takes a while to absorb and I cannot stand the very old fashioned strongly perfumey smell. Clarins products normally smell gorgeous but this is close to unbearable. I've been advised to try blending it into the moisturiser but in the morning that would thin out the spf so I can't do that. And I couldn't imagine using it at night as it is so greasy it would ruin the pillow.

On a positive note it sinks in after about an hour and my skin looks OK (although not as good as after the Ila) and I haven't broken out as much as usual. And it's not too expensive. But I won't repurchase and I'll be relieved to finish it.

To Read all 108 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this oil! After trying this in a sample size, I just had to buy the full size bottle when I ran out of my sample. Although some might not agree I do really love the smell! I have very sensitive and dehydrated skin, especially with the British weather during this time of year! I firstly used this alone, as advised by the clarins lady. I didn't put moisturiser over the top as my skin hates being bombarded with products. After a few days my skin feels transformed. It's a beautiful oil! Although I do think using this too often could lead to breakouts as it is strong. I now mix it in with my normal Elemis night moisturiser every other night and find it really has rebalanced my skin.

on 10/13/2015 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love Clarins. I have a very sensitive skin but I'm mostly comfortable with their products. I got a sample of this a couple of months ago and it felt and smelled lovely so to get some extra comfort for winter I bought this oil about six weeks ago, to use with my favorite moisturizer, the richer version or HydraQuench cream.

First, I didn't notice any huge improvement in my skin's condition. On the contrary, it kind of felt drier and uncomfortable in the morning. And then it started to break out. It became itchy, flaky, red. I stopped all fancier products and went to basics, which to me means mainly Avene skin care, plus sugar-free diet. And after about a month of detective work this oil, that I so much wanted to love, turned out to be the culprit.

Now it sits on my bedside table where it lives it's second career as cuticle oil. Works well. But really, I feel sorry for it. It had much bigger ambitions.

on 3/25/2015 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for 2 weeks now so feel safe in saying it's the best thing I've used on my face in years. have always had really dry skin and have used every product under the sun to try and help. The ones that worked eventually stop being enough for my skin. Also pregnant and maybe that's why dryness was worse than usual. Wandered past a Clarins counter and a lovely lady offered to help, she could see by my red sore looking face what I needed. She used this oil first then hydra quench moisturiser. She was able to confirm my skin was dehydrated, which I couldn't decide on myself even after a lot of Internet research. My skin tone started calming down almost immediately. Have hern using it every morning and night since followed by the moisturiser and it's one of the best things I've ever done for my face. The tight lines are going, the horrible tight sore feeling is gone, it's such a treat. Smells quite strong but it's worth it. Like getting a facial each time I use it. Really happy I found it, after spending a fortune on various different products. Don't imagine it does much for wrinkles but will think about that later and just enjoy happy skin for now

on 3/17/2015 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

MY SKIN: 27 years old, Dehydrated most times (but DRY in winter, sometimes Oily in summer), Sensitive to a lot of products, Asian (but with a tanned/olive complexion), Australian climate.

PROs:
I love using this in the cooler months. Although it is an oil, it does not feel greasy on the skin. It does not make me break out, however from time to time, it does enlarge my pores, but nothing a treatment mask can't fix. It smells great too. Please don't confuse this for some miracle serum nor soley as a moisturiser. It is an oil that is meant to balance the skin's moisture level. It is reasonably priced and the bottle lasts a VERY long time.

CONs:
It doesn't work for me in summer, but I don't mind having a break from it.

I will not repurchase this immediately after finishing the bottle, only because I would like to try their Santal Oil for winter. I will definitely repurchase when needed though.

on 1/30/2015 10:56:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

A superb treatment for really dry, older, winter skin (major problem here in Northern New England!). The eyedropper cap makes it very easy to measure out--a doubly good thing, since the product is expensive and you only need a very small amount. I typically use 6 to 8 drops, applying after cleansing and toning. I use this product about twice a week all winter; used daily, I think it would be too much of a good thing. The oil absorbs gradually and leaves skin soft. As with many Clarins products, the light, captivating fragrance is a bonus! Expensive product, but well worth the price as it does what creams can't.

on 1/30/2015 1:25:00 AM

I have sensitive, acne-prone, combination Asian skin and never thought of adding more oil to my face. After being convinced by the sales person that this will not clog my already-super-clogged pores, I gave it a try.

Application:
1. Pour pea size amount of toner (I use Clarins Iris toner but I think any other toner would work just fine) into my palm. Add 2-4 drops (depending on the degree of dryness of my face) of this Blue Orchid Oil into the toner.
2. Rub hands together so the toner&oil mixture is warmed between the hands
3. Press onto my face. Smell the mixture (This is just for therapeutic purpose haha!..feel like I'm in a spa). Leave the hands on face for 5-10 seconds then press another area until the mixture covers whole face and neck. Try to press on face then push it up slightly so it gives a lifting feel.
4. To add to the home spa experience, I do a bit of face massage which I remember from my facial spas i.e. stroke hands from chin upwards to each side of the face, upward stroke on the forehead, upward stroke on neck etc
5. After pressing and stroking the oil on my face (sales person said can do that for 10 mins or more while you're watching TV! but I do it for a few minutes), blot the "leftover" oil with facial tissue.
6. Face is now prep and ready for serum/moisturizer

Results: Upon the first application, my face glows and it looks very healthy. My face also feels more moisturized although I still need to apply more moisturizer to keep it at bay as I'm constantly in air conditioned environment. Personally, I feel that it does not significantly unclog pores or clear up black heads but I am ok with it since I can unclog pore using other products. I treat this as a moisturizing oil toner that "rebalances" my face and keeps it healthy looking. Great absorption to the skin and does not give feeling of film floating atop of my face.

After 2 weeks of daily use (sometimes twice a day! depending on my mood and how dry my face is), my face continues to have natural glow. I am very pleased with the result. The product is not the cheapest around but I can see it last a long time given I only need 2-4 drops for each application! I would recommend to those whose skin needs rebalancing.

PS. I gave 4 for packing because it has a glass container and I travel a lot so a bit scared that the glass would break!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I think it's fair to say this oil has reached HG status for me. I'm onto my third bottle and they last ages!

I love everything about this product - it makes my skin feel so soft and hydrated, it smells amazing and I feel good applying it. I use it 1-2 per week, usually after I've applied a treatment mask (clay-based and/or exfoliating mask) and I give my face a good massage while applying it.

I notice a huge difference when I use this - not icky dry patches, my skin feels softer to the touch and my makeup applies better. A little goes a long way, so even though it's on the pricey side you'll get a lot of use out of it.

Can't rave about this product enough.

on 1/14/2015 10:14:00 AM

The. best. smell. ever.!!! take note - the bottle dispenses the product too quickly so be mindful when tipping this oil into your hands.....a little goes a long way. I use this after I've been on a flight -first, I use a hydration mask and then this instead of my usual night time moisturiser. My skin glows in the morning. Guaranteed!

Popular Treatments (Face)