MAC Midimauve Lustre Lipstick

MAC Midimauve Lustre Lipstick

4.3

on 3/21/2017 10:17:00 PM

This is my favourite everyday lipstick. It's forgiving enough colour to apply without a mirror and would easily suit any skin tone. I love Mac lustre lipsticks because they are smooth like a gloss without that heavy sticky feeling. Staying power is a few hours at best but that's to be expected from a lustre finish.

It was my first MAC lipstick ever, and it is a great one! Loved it very much, will probably repurchase in the future! Also lustre finish is my favorite from all of them, so comfortable on the lips. The color is great, darker kind of nude.

on 2/27/2016 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I tried this two days ago for the first time and it is the perfect neutral for my NW45 skin tone. I would love to see MAC mace another like it with a bit more mauve. This glide on the lip like butter and you do have to give it about three passes for color pay off but it is just wow!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I've had this gorgeous lipstick for a while and am just now getting around to writing this review, shame on me!

It's a Lustre which is my fave finish out of all of MAC finishes. Lustres apply smoothly with a bit of shiny gloss but still packs a punch of color without drying my lips out badly like the Cremesheens. Those even cause my lips to peel for whatever reason. But Lustres like these are just moisturizing enough but not so much that they sacrifice staying power like Huggables. I love this pearlescent plummy/mauve color with Haux, Yogurt, Sable, Satin Taupe or Star Violet eyeshadows and a little Well Dressed blush. To me, it's a less red/toned down version of VG VI lipstick (which is also one of my faves). Very pretty!

on 10/9/2015 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

At the moment, this lipstick and plum lip pencil (also by mac) are my go to lip products for everyday. I came across a pic of Kim Kardashian at the Givenchy show wearing this lipstick and I had to have it. Mac describes this shade as a rosey plum & for once I agree with their description of a product. I'm not much into lustre finishes as they are slick feeling and sheer but I am willing to look past that for the sexy rosey plummy look it gives with Plum lip liner.

really liked this lipstick. It gives a natural rogue color to my lips!! For my everyday or Natural looks.

on 9/13/2015 12:28:00 AM

This is a great color. I've noticed many of the previous reviews say this is "boring or like wearing nothing". Well...it all depends on your skintone. For those with medium/dark skin tones, this will NOT add all that much color, and of course it will disappear. However...on very fair/fair, and light skin tones, this is gorgeous. Not too pink, not too brown, neutral enough to go with a bold eye, but strong enough to compliment a neutral look. Not matte, and not totally shiny, this has a pearl finish. As with all MAC lipsticks (to me), they are slightly drying and need to be reapplied throughout the day, however I'll continue to wear and repurchase this lovely color.

Edit Brilliant with MAC's Absolutely It lip liner.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

YES this shade is "boring" but in a way that it's an everyday staple. I dunno why some people are giving this a low rating for it's being boring, but I LIKE boring, everyday shades because i work 5 days a week as a teacher and want appropriate lipstick :) It's no candy yum yum, but it's super flattering and natural looking. it is the exact same shade as my pigmented lips, so it basically evens out and glosses my lips.

It's an amazing MLBB shade in the lustre formula which is my favorite because it's not drying and it's not opaque. That being said, i don't wear lustres when i am looking for long-lasting color (then i would go for matte or satin).

on 9/9/2015 9:50:00 PM

I am SO sick of the "mlbb" term, and I always thought it was a bad definition of plain old nude - till Midimauve. Of course I'm way WAY late to the party on this one - sort of. I've actually owned this lipstick for a couple of years- not really sure why I never wore it! But I pulled it out of my stash a few weeks ago and OMG! I love this! What was I thinking!? This is just one notch richer than my lip color, with a rich, gleamy finish that I cannot get enough of! I do reapply a few times throughout the day - without a mirror - and every time I do catch a glimpse of myself, it looks perfect! My lips feel smooth and moist all day,and the color goes with literally everything. If I wear the Naked basics - it looks neutral. If I wear the Naked 3 palette - it compliments the cooler pink tones perfectly. Yesterday I bought 2 backups. I will never be without this lipstick again. Midimauve 4 ever!!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

THIS IS MY HG LIPSTICK!!!! I have been looking for a warm nude, and I like a bit of shimmer. I also needed something light-feeling and a bit moist because glosses are the usual for me. I really wanted to find a lipstick that works for me instead of always using glosses. THIS IS IT! This shade can be casual or dressy, it gives me color but it is not "IN YOUR FACE". I love it so much. I'm fair, but warm toned, with lots of light brown freckles across my cheeks. It's not super cool-toned for a mauve. Cool toned shades do not look good on me. This is warm but the slight shimmer gives some dimension. I think the staying power is pretty good as well.