4.3

To my surprise, I actually really like this. At first I just wanted to pick up Meet Me On The Star Ferry, but I couldn't stop looking at the swatch for Chicago Champagne Toast so I grabbed both. It's a very pretty dusty rose pink with a mirror-like shine minus the sparkles - very work friendly. I can understand the "old lady" reviews because even though I'm young, I'm still hit with nostalgia each time I look at the bottle - I'm sure I've worn something like this before in my teens. That being said, this does not in any way look old on me or age my hands. I think it looks super classy and elegant - a sophisticated kind of pink. I particularly like how this looks in low light - like a soft baby pink. Formula is good - two coats are needed for complete opacity but somehow I can't avoid visible brush strokes. It's also super easy to remove. Definitely a staple in my collection!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this recently and painted my toes. I don't find it's an old lady colour at all. It's a really pretty, multi-dimensional bronzy-pink that looks great with a bit of a tan. I do find, however, that if you have any ridges in your nails at all it does make them stand out. I took one lippy off for that. Otherwise, goes on great and looks really pretty.

To Read all 81 Reviews, Login or Join

I had bought a bottle of Chicago Champagne Toast years ago that I recently threw out because 1) it was really old and 2) it was made back when OPI polishes had the three harmful chemicals in them (formaldehyde, DBP, and toluene). I picked up this newer version of Chicago Champagne Toast this morning at one of the local Krogers that have recently started selling OPI polishes. I like this color much better than the original version. This one is less "pink" than the first one and I just like the color better plus none of the harmful chemicals like before. I got pretty good opaque coverage with just one coat, although I went ahead and applied two. No visible nail line because although this is a light color, it is also opaque. No brush marks at all. Just a nice pretty champagne color with just a slight pink undertone. It's a nice neutral color with lots of shine. And a nice change of pace from all the dark colors I've been wearing this winter.

ETA: well ive come to realize that this np tends to change color depending upon what lighting ur in. in brighter light theres just a hint of pink while being mostly nude/champagne colored. in other lighting, it is definitely more of a light pink and in somewhat shady lighting, i can see more of a mauve tone to it.

When I moved to Chicago, I bought the entire OPI Chicago set, and this is my favorite. I absolutely love this color, a nice blend of pink and gold that just shimmers beautifully. On the downside, it does leave brushstrokes, and I will admit that if you leave it on too long, you will start to look down and think "Wow, this kind of is an old lady color" but once you freshen it up, its back to being classy and gorgeous.

on 10/2/2011 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have never been one to have a "favorite" nail color, but this has become just that for me. I had this put on my toenails a couple months ago at a salon and I just grew to love it immensely and have worn it continuously, save for a 2 week period since. I had to go out and buy my own bottle I love it that much. I have seen it described as a dusty rose and that is about right. It really compliments the metalics that have been so popular this year and I have bought and worn several metalic-toned sandals this past summer that look just great with this fabulous nail color! I will definitely purchase this product again!

on 9/21/2011 4:03:00 AM

This is a beautiful pinkish, mauvish, caramel shade with a silver metallic sheen. It's discreet elegance in a very old fashioned way, but the silver prevents it from looking too matronly. The application was easy, one coat covered well, but I added one more in order to bring the metal more out. Even though it is indeed very metallic I had surprisingly few visible brush strokes. It lasted a full week without touch ups. I think it's a classic, ladylike color that can be worn with almost anything.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

wow! i love this!
cool metallic pink in artificial light and a warmer metallic pink in daylight. the metallic really performs for this polish and i literally can NOT stop staring at my nails. beautiful! it isn't shimmery/glittery/frosty but a very high shine mirror-like pearliness if that makes sense.
i don't know what this colour used to be like, but i just love this so much.
i don't care if older ladies also like this too!
would buy again for sure!

on 5/8/2011 11:25:00 PM

This colour has definitely changed, as a previous reviewer pointed out. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the new colour...it's pretty but it's not my favourite. On me, this is a rose pink, with brown and mauve undertones. It's very frosty. I'm not a fan of the new formula, either - it streaks very easily. Having said that, I do find it to be relatively quick-drying, as opposed to other OPI polishes. It takes me 2 (heavy) to 3 coats to achieve the opaque colour and look that I'm after, which is also a downside (I'm a 2 coat only kind of girl!). Having said so, it's relatively wearable for day and night so I'll use up my bottle. After it's gone, however, I'm not likely to repurchase.

on 3/15/2011 2:43:00 AM

this is one of my biggest OPI regrets i don't know what possessed me to pick this colour, i definitely agree that this is an "old lady" shade it is just far to frosty. i live in australia and this bottle cost me $20.95 and i really don't like it, i have only used it once and i doubt i'll ever use it again. such a waste.

on 2/1/2011 8:08:00 PM

I can understand the confusion of color apparent in the previous reviews. OPI has apparently changed the color. It used to be a silvery taupe with a hint of pink shimmer, which is the color my nail salon has & uses on me. But now it's a mauvey pink in all the stores. I'm disappointed. Luckily, my salon had one last unopened bottle of the original taupe color, which they sold to me. Wish I could find more.

Popular Polishes