Philosophy Lip Laquer

No Image

3.0

on 10/7/2008 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's very thick. It doesn't leave my lips extremely sticky so that is one good thing for it. I also don't like how it leaks out of the container, even though I am a sucker for the cute little bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Well, what can I say???... I hate this stuff!!!

Alas, I am not a 'gloss' kind of girl anyway... don't like the look... don't like the feel... And this stuff is the worst I have ever tried... I got it as a free gift with my SuperNatural Natural Lip & Cheek Tint, {of which I LOVE!!!}... Good thing I didn't pay for it, I'd be sending it back poste haste!!!

It is THICK, OOEY-GOOEY, and STICKY beyond belief... The shine is ridiculous as well... The packaging says, "Super Clear, Super Clean, Super Slick, and simply superb lip laquer. If you can believe it."... Alas, this stuff is so utterly fake, I CAN'T believe it... Clear??? Yes... Clean??? I don't know... what's 'Clean' in a lip gloss supposed to mean anyway???... Slick??? No Way... I could mount myself to the wall with the stickiness of this stuff... Superb??? In their wildest dreams...

In the end, I look like I've shellacked my lips... They are now shinier than the paint-job on my car!!!... And who in their right mind can get past that gross gloppy stickiness???... Not me, that's for sure... Ick... Couldn't wait to wash it off... FaireMaiden

p.s. The tube is .40 oz, and I think it sells for something like $15 bucks... ugh...

continued >>

I don't know what all the complaints are about. This is just as sticky and thick as MAC clear lipglass!
I personally love this compared to MAC's. It last longer and doesn't leave my lips dry when it is gone. It last forever on my lips. I've used tons of other clear glosses and this one is the best of them all. It feels smooth on my lips and not as sticky as some but my hair does still get caught in it. When I compared this to the other clear lip glosses I found this was much clearer and an off-clear like some. NYC's kiss gloss is almost just like this one.

on 3/18/2004 4:35:00 PM

This product is very okay. Nothing special about it. Just a clear gloss that is fine to use over bare lips or over something already on.

on 12/20/2003 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

***GAG***. this is simply the _worst_ lip gloss/lacquer i have ever, very used. too thick, INCREDIBLY sticky, tacky, and almost impossible to use because of these qualities. i thought, perhaps, that at least i'd get an incredible lacquered look after suffering through the mess of applying this, but.... no. i can get a much nicer lacquered look from 99-cent gloss from Wal-Green's. i bought the "white" version, btw. the back of the tube says "super clear, super clean, super slick, and simply superb lip laquer. if you can believe it." no, i cannot. the only thing i like about this gloss is the packaging and dispensing method. i like soft, thick, plastic, tubes of gloss vs. hard skinny ones. continued >>

on 8/14/2003 1:51:00 AM

I personally love this stuff. It gives great shine and I actually like it better than my MAC lipglass. It feels thicker and it has less of a tendency to get caught in my hair. very good IMO.

on 4/10/2003 1:43:00 AM

Kind of gummy, but leaves a nice clear shine alone or on top of lipstick. Wears off quickly. Product tends to leak out of the tube. I haven't touched this in a long time, so I wouldn't buy it again.

on 10/28/2002 6:50:00 AM

Pros- gives a great, lacquered clear shine, stays well, very thick and not as slippery as MAC lipglass. Cons- the ridiculous packaging that leaves everywhere, and the consistency is so thick that it actually tends to dry out lips. Oh, and it doesn't taste that fab.

on 11/12/2001 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I loved this lipgloss. I decided to buy Clear, and it lasted much longer than my MAC Clear Lipglass. Unfortunately I lost it in a Locker Room! Luckily my MAC is very similar and will do!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have this lip laquer in White and Clear. They are extremely glossy and give a huge amount of shine and last quite a while. The down side is that they are so sticky, they dry out lips and are just icky. They are stickier than MAC lipglass. They come in tubes that squirt out. I dont like the texture of these but the shine is WOW!