4.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Great shade of shimmery fuschia! Reminds me of hot-pink geraniums. Bright and loud (if a polish could talk this one would scream) with purple and blue flashes. Not a duochrome, but the pretty flashes in the bottle do show up on the nail. Perfect formula. Looks great on toes in the summer. The name puzzles me slightly, but it's such a pretty fuschia I don't think about it for too long, haha.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

8 years ago

I find it interesting that nobody noticed or commented on the switch from black to green label. At one point the color was D/C'd but brought back by overwhelming demand. Thanks OPI! The original is a teeny bit lighter shade and more vibrant than the current version. Shine and wear factors remained pretty close in both versions. Men love to see this on us ( and always compliment !) It must be the extra feminine vibe of hot hot fuchsia with cool sweet blue for balance that draws everyone equally. At first glance PP appears to be a classic dk pink-red. Then the blue pops, and everybody falls in love. Magic. Seduction in a bottle. One of the original color effect polishes and still the best. Universally flattering, as mentioned by several MUA'rs. A staple/must have!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

This is one of my favorite OPI colors, especially in the summer when my toes have a slight tan. It's more of a hot pink with a bluish tint. I have repurchased this, and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

8 years ago

This is definitly not purple, more like a hot fuschia color! It has a blue/violet flash/duochrome. This a really beautiful summer color! It'll look awesome on my toes too. I was expecting it to be sheer and watery in the bottle, but was very surprised! I could probably get away with one coat, but applied 2 for comfort. This is probably my go to summer color, especially for toes, which I usually don't do crazy colors with. You could probably find less expensive dupes for this, but I bought it, so I will love it :) Good buy!

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

8 years ago

It's not as purple as much it is a pink or fuchsia. Gorgeous fun, summer-y colour.

About reviewer (175 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

9 years ago

I was looking for a light purple, and Pompeii Purple looked like the color I wanted from the drugstore.com website. It's a gorgeous color, even though it's not as dark as I had hoped. It's a deep pink with an iridescent sheen. It would look perfect on my toes, if I had a suntan. I don't wear color on my nails, so this Pompeii Purple won't work for me...

About reviewer (915 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

9 years ago

I don't understand how the product is named purple, because I definitely see it being more of a deep pink...not that it's a bad thing though! I find this a gorgeous, glossy, shimmery, iridescent pink that shines a lovely soft lilac/blue. I work in an office but I am very trendy by nature and am not into neutrals...so I like to experiment with various colours until my boss tells me to tone it down (which hasn't happened so far ^^) and this one was quite the winner...and in fact, I got a few other girls in the office into this colour... and other OPIs... by far my favourite brand, hands down. I need to get myself a few backup bottles of this :)

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

I don't like pink at all but love this OPI color!! It's a fun and bright hot pink magenta color with purple undertones. Not purple at all like the name implies. I am pretty tan and it looks great with my skin but think it would be awesome on anyone! REALLY shiny so you don't need a top coat but I like to because it makes my manicure last longer. Another great OPI color!!

About reviewer (300 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I'm generally a "neutrals" kinda girl when it comes to nail polish colors, but when I'm in the mood for a brighter color I reach for this shade. It's a perfect hot-pink shade made a little more fun and interesting by being shimmery and having a beautiful purple iridescence to it. This is just an all-around gorgeous shade that can look fabulous on a variety of skin-tones. LOVE!

About reviewer (227 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesHazel

9 years ago

My all time favorite nail polish color, a gorgeous hot pink color with purplish tinge. I get this color when I get my nails done at least every other month (I typically choose a different color each time), and I've seen it look nice on different skin tones.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29