OPI Pompeii Purple

OPI Pompeii Purple

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Medium

Pompeii Purple is really a dark hot pink.It is a beautiful color.Looks great on my pale cool skin.Went on with no streaking.Two coats gives you a fabulous color.I really love this one and will buy again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I don't usually reach for bright colors for my nails but I was looking for something bright and fun at the beginning of this summer. I decided to go with a hot pink and narrowed it down to a few different shades, then headed to a beauty store to swatch. This one was my favorite. It's a blue-toned magenta; I think hot pinks can easily look tacky and, like another user said, "plastic-y", but I don't think this does at all. It's definitely a bright and eye-catching one but not tacky or little-girl-ish. It has a slight shimmer to it; I'd almost describe it more as an iridescence than a shimmer. I'm not usually a shimmer fan either but think it looks better like this than it would have as a jelly. A really beautiful shade; bright without being "loud". It applies and wears like most OPIs; i.e. applies like a dream and lasts as long as OPIs do for you. For me, that's not very long, but as long as or longer than any other polish. My work is very hands-on and I work with chemicals so I suppose that's why. This shade is opaque in one coat but I apply two to make sure it looks even and lasts a bit longer. I got quite a few compliments on it this summer, and as fall comes I'll wear it as a pedicure color. The only reason I would hesitate to buy again is because I don't usually wear brights or pinks, but this is exactly what I was looking for and I'll definitely use this bottle up.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/29/2014 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Alas, I think this ship has sailed. I LOVED this color when it came out years age, but now it looks cheap and plasticky. The depth and richness of color has lost its patina.

on 5/20/2014 3:27:00 PM

Beautiful shade of bright fuchsia. And the jelly-like formula makes the color look extra shimmery and glow-y. Extremely vivid and perfect for summer.

Opaque in two coats and no problems with application or wear. Would definitely buy again!

This review is for the regular nail polish. Definitely in the fuschia family. A beautiful, bright opalescent fuschia with a soft violet cast. This color makes a statement and is a perfect color to transition to the warmer season.

on 9/13/2013 8:41:00 AM

Omg just omg I got the full teal the cows come home collection and I wasn't too encouraged to buy it because of the two metallic colors teal the cows come home and Pompeii purple but I bought it cuz it was cheap but omg teal the cows come home is beautiful and now this color is so damn beautiful I did it in an kind if dark place when I opened the lights BOOM this light flashy glittery indescribable purple pink was amazing

on 3/22/2013 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had this cor for several years (the same bottle) and it still looks & wears great. No it isn't your typical purple but meat if you're not cor blind you can see that. It's more of a link but it's pinky-purple. Purple comes in so many shades, so potato potahto! It was my first OPI purchase years ago & I still love it.

on 3/22/2013 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Sorry - but this ain't purple - fuschia or a blue-toned hot pink is more like it. I selected this as a Gel color and so far it has worn very well (as gels are known for). Not a HG but a bright cheery color to catapult us into spring. BRIGHT.

on 7/27/2012 9:44:00 PM

I saw this color in OPI's promotional video for their Gel Color line. The model in the video was having her nails done in Pompeii Purple. I thought it was the most gorgeous shade of hot pink I'd ever seen. Perfect for summer toes and fingers. I love the flashes of blue that come out in bright light.

Great shade of shimmery fuschia! Reminds me of hot-pink geraniums. Bright and loud (if a polish could talk this one would scream) with purple and blue flashes. Not a duochrome, but the pretty flashes in the bottle do show up on the nail. Perfect formula. Looks great on toes in the summer. The name puzzles me slightly, but it's such a pretty fuschia I don't think about it for too long, haha.

Popular Polishes