OPI Nail Polish Pompeii Purple (Uploaded by rennah7)

4.6

87%
would repurchase
4.4/5
package quality

price range

Reviews

Aug/17/2017

My absolute, all time fav OPI color! 2 coats perfect coverage! Looks fab on my light skin. Works any season on me.????

4 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

Mar/11/2017

Pompeii Purple was introduced all the way back in the 1991 spring/summer Carnival collection, and has remained as a popular core colour ever since. OPI describe this shade as "Hot crimson erupting with purple", whilst I'd describe it as a Barbie fuchsia with a pearlescent finish that flashes with a violet 'lit from within' glow.

The first coat of the polish …

4 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (1440 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Coarse

Jul/23/2016

Pompeii Purple is really a dark hot pink.It is a beautiful color.Looks great on my pale cool skin.Went on with no streaking.Two coats gives you a fabulous color.I really love this one and will buy again.

2 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Curly, Medium

Aug/05/2014

I don't usually reach for bright colors for my nails but I was looking for something bright and fun at the beginning of this summer. I decided to go with a hot pink and narrowed it down to a few different shades, then headed to a beauty store to swatch. This one was my favorite. It's a blue-toned magenta; I think hot pinks can easily look tacky and, like another user said …Read more

6 of 7 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2.0

May/29/2014

Alas, I think this ship has sailed. I LOVED this color when it came out years age, but now it looks cheap and plasticky. The depth and richness of color has lost its patina.

1 of 2 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

May/14/2014

This review is for the regular nail polish. Definitely in the fuschia family. A beautiful, bright opalescent fuschia with a soft violet cast. This color makes a statement and is a perfect color to transition to the warmer season.

5 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinNormal, Other, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBrown

fromzee140

Sep/13/2013

Omg just omg I got the full teal the cows come home collection and I wasn't too encouraged to buy it because of the two metallic colors teal the cows come home and Pompeii purple but I bought it cuz it was cheap but omg teal the cows come home is beautiful and now this color is so damn beautiful I did it in an kind if dark place when I opened the lights BOOM this light flashy glittery …Read more

2 of 5 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (80 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

Mar/22/2013

I've had this cor for several years (the same bottle) and it still looks & wears great. No it isn't your typical purple but meat if you're not cor blind you can see that. It's more of a link but it's pinky-purple. Purple comes in so many shades, so potato potahto! It was my first OPI purchase years ago & I still love it.

1 of 4 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (58 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

3.0

Mar/22/2013

Sorry - but this ain't purple - fuschia or a blue-toned hot pink is more like it. I selected this as a Gel color and so far it has worn very well (as gels are known for). Not a HG but a bright cheery color to catapult us into spring. BRIGHT.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (2414 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

Jul/27/2012

I saw this color in OPI's promotional video for their Gel Color line. The model in the video was having her nails done in Pompeii Purple. I thought it was the most gorgeous shade of hot pink I'd ever seen. Perfect for summer toes and fingers. I love the flashes of blue that come out in bright light.

3 of 3 people found this helpful. Did you?

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age44-55