bareMinerals 1990's Glimmer

bareMinerals 1990's Glimmer
1990's Glimmer

4.8

1990's and Pacific Heights are the reason I bought the smoky eye kit. The pointed end of the brush is really all you need to do the eye, but I use the "V" to blend out the color. Both of these colors are GORGEOUS! !990's is a smoked-out plum with some glimmer. Not so much that it makes it shimmery, just enough to make the color pop. Pacific Heights is a purple-y dove grey, matte, very soft. Looove these colors!

on 7/19/2010 1:24:00 AM

One of my favorite BE eye shadows. This is a dark shimmery dusty purple. I used this w/Drama for the perfect smokey eye. I love this eyeshadow so much and even though its dark, it works so well w/Drama on my fair skin tone.

on 12/27/2009 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

wow. gorgeous shimmery dark dark dark purple with red shimmer. super pigmented and looks amazing with baby pink eyeshadows for a playful and girly smokey eye.

This is the MOST beautiful color. It is a blackish purple with silvery, gray, blue, almost rainbow reflects. I don't know a lot about black ruby, so I can't compare. I use this as a liner because it is so dark most of the time because I am pale. I will use it on the whole lid If I am feeling bold. I got this when it was a permanent color, and they need to make this a permanent color now, I am sure there are a lot of girls like me don't want to have to buy the kit, just to get the one color I want.

on 2/12/2008 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this as a part of the Smoky V Eye kit, along with Pacific Heights and loved the duo together! It's a little harsh for daytime wear, but loved it as a night-out shade.

on 10/8/2007 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of the prettiest shadows ever! It's a very shimmery dark gray plum! It comes in the Smoky V Eyes Kit with a matte gray shade. I love this shade! It's a must.

I got this only recently though I know its been out a long time, it came in a kit I think it was the Smoky V and used it for the first time this morning and WHOAAA!!! How I missed this before I do not know I am a huge fan of plums/purples and this is divine, I used this as a wet liner and its so pretty, the shimmer still comes through when its wet and its going to be a new fave! I haven't tried it as a shadow yet not sure if it will be too dark as I am quite fair but, will have a play and see but, as a liner its beautiful!

on 5/30/2007 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Oh I LOVE this shade! It gives your eyes this beautiful dramatic smoldery (plum) appearance . BE's Drama is the charcoal version of this color. Love Love Love

on 5/2/2007 12:28:00 PM

1990's is a deep, greyed smokey purple. Maybe "blackened" instead of greyed, because it's so dark. And it does have a multi-faceted sparkle - I can see purples, greens, and other tiny sparkles in the pot. It's hard for me to pull this off unless I use it as a liner. But as a liner, it's gorgeous. I like to use a lighter purple or lavender like Queen Marie on the lid, and use a tiny bit of 1990s in the crease, and as a liner. This color makes a great, interesting smoky eye!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is another one of my favorite shades. 1990 is a glimmer from BE so it is super shimmer. its a beautiful rich purple with black undertones and shimmer in the tub. On my lids i see less of the purple and more of a dark charcoal shade. Its really pigmented so be careful. Great as a dark crease shade or liner. Beautiful shade. Retails for $12.