2.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

9 years ago

I'm sampling all the JAR fragrances again from TPC but this is the only one that I'm new to smelling/sampling. I almost didn't order a sample of this given so many bad reviews and the fact that I'm really not into dirty musky scents (I've heard this likened to Lutens MKK which I'm no fan of). Anyway this blew me away in that it's nothing like what I expected. On my skin this smells like a watery white floral w/some subtle dirtiness around the edges. Similarities to Fracas believe it or not although not as loud and w/the "dirty" or "musky" element. That dirty/musky feel is unlike anything I've smelled before in any other scent. Not sure I'm loving it but it's certainly not repulsive in any way. This is just my observation from 1 try so I will have to update my review after I spend more time w/this. I will say that in sampling the others again I am more impressed w/this line. I'm picking things up that I didn't before. I know I've sure smelled a lot since I first tried these JARs. Diamond Water is still my fav I think & Bolt of Lightning is very nice. I'm applying these very sparingly too which I prob. wasn't doing before so that may be a factor. They are all quite concentrated which is nice given the price points.

About reviewer (178 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

2.0

9 years ago

I didn't get skank, but then, I never do. I did, however, get a spicy/boozy blast which I found quite distasteful. After a very long time, it dries down to a faint soft sweetness.

About reviewer (545 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

from

15 years ago

The perfume version of a Steven King novel. Evil. Terrifying. Vile. Just continue on w/ Thesaurus options along these lines. Never got sexy and luscious on me. I trust it may on some. Just not w/ my skin chemistry. A fragrance to sample first before trying.

About reviewer (577 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairBrown

EyesBrown

15 years ago

SEX IN A BOTTLE! RATED X! This perfume goes on very stinky, like a strong animalic lily with no fixatives (the Strange Invisible Perfumes have this stinky start-up similarity). But I gave it a few tries, and I gave it time to brew. The fact is, on my skin, and after the terrible first 10 minutes, it becomes a strong jasmine, lily and honeysuckle scent tempered with a sticky resinous amber accord. Around these strong notes, arises a warm ambery incense-like resin. The resin is not for the faint of heart and it does have a slight resemblance to civet but I've put my nose deeply into this and I detect a heady sweetness, like gummy honeysuckle extract (okay, ambery honeysuckle sweetness). The sillage is good, the lasting power is awesome, and if you like strong sweet resinous perfumes, this will be your HG. If you're into clean, happy, department store stuff, you'll think this is from hell. A few hours into the perfume, on me it turns into an almost edible CasaBlanca lily. A gigantic white beauty that sexes (I mean, scents) the entire neighborhood. A very sexy lily indeed. It's crisp white with jasmine and hazelnut nuances. At the end of the day, it's straight animalic sex, just all lily! It lasts until I wash it off.

About reviewer (187 reviews)

HairBrown

15 years ago

Ferme Tes Yeux ... shut your eyes ... more like shut your nose! This smells like a mature well fed Tom Cat mixed with rotting flowers.

About reviewer (772 reviews)

Age30-35

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2.0

15 years ago

This scent is just not for me. It smells strongly of lillies and civet. I don't mind the lilly part so much, but the civet is just over powering on me. Would be good for those who like an animalistic floral scent.

About reviewer (106 reviews)

Age25-29

HairBlack

15 years ago

This stuff is Vile!!! At first, I thought Dill Kosher Pickles...it is salty and briney. Then it turned into plastic, like new Barbie Doll plastic smell.Oh, Mama...10 minutes later...what's that smell...Oh Yeah..so familair...yes that's it...A dirty New York City subway station or phone booth, where someone has decided to repeatedly relieve themselves.

About reviewer (151 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

HairRed

EyesBrown

3.0

16 years ago

This is the least favourite of all the JAR perfumes I have tried. I guess it is the heaviness from amber and musk. The lasting power is something I must say is unique compared to any other boutique perfumes.

About reviewer (182 reviews)

Age19-24