LUSH Retread

LUSH Retread

3.5

on 4/24/2017 12:52:00 PM

I have medium thick wavy hair and after dying my hair for a decade the Moroccan Shampoo and Conditioner restored my hair back to its natrual health. I havent dyed my hair for about 4 years now. I stopped using the moroccan shampoo after about 3 bottles but continued using the conditiner for 3 years. It was time for a new coditioner so I gave Retread a try, since my hair is natrually pretty dry I always need a moisturzing conditoner. This conditioner did a pretty good job of keeping my hair nice and healthy. However it doesn't leave it as nice as my previous conditioner. I wouldn't suggest it for someone with dye in their hair because it isn't soft in the shower.

on 1/11/2017 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wish I had read reviews here...or elsewhere before using the sample I had from the store. The saleswoman noted I have highlighted hair and asked if I wanted a sample of conditioner for colored or damaged hair, also because it is winter. "Sure". So...I assumed this was a normal every-wash type of conditioner. It may be for people with coarse, thick and/or very damaged hair. I would say this is more of a monthly treatment for anyone else. My hair is fine, naturally wavy, color treated and tends to frizz. I slapped this on like a normal conditioner (but without any 'slip' since Lush is not about silicone)...ok so far, even if I was not used to the feeling. I rinsed well and noticed my hair was taking a long time to dry, it also felt heavy and dirty. It was also completely UNmanageable! I thought maybe I used too much, and tried again in a couple of days with my next shampoo. Again....the same terrible time styling. I also hate the barnyard scent, and it stays with you for hours.

I went online and read about this not being practical for everyone, and unless your hair really needs extra ooooomph help, to use this as a mask/treatment every once in a while and to rinse and rinse and rinse.

So...this may work well for people, but it isn't what I am looking for. I may snag another sample just to keep for after my next highlight, but it is not a conditioner I can use every time.

on 8/3/2016 11:37:00 PM

I bought this product years ago, and couldn't remember having any opinions on it either good or bad, so thought I would try it again.

My hair type is fine and I had subtle highlights recently so it is a little dry/damaged, hence thinking this would be a good choice.

So, I applied to wet hair after shampooing, a small handful because my hair is rather long, and only to the lengths and ends. Rinsed it out until I couldn't feel the product anymore. Dried my hair only to discover it was limp and greasy! Later in the day, tried to rinse it out again for a good 5 minutes. Hair felt clean! Dried it again... product STILL leaving hair limp and greasy. Today I tried to use it again, and reduced to amount to a tiny bit maybe the size of a 50 pence coin. Rinsed until hair felt clean and double the time after - all the product MUST be out, right?! Wrong! Once again I am walking around work with greasy looking hair. So if you are thinking of buying this product, make sure you rinse your hair until WAAAAAY after it feels clean. Personally, I don't have enough time to mess around with this in the shower. What a waste of money!

on 5/16/2016 7:07:00 AM

I am 100% sure that of this thing didn't have sulfate it would work way better.
Its just ok. You actually have to use a lot and it doesnt soften at all.

Ill keep using it for a week or two, and then Im returning it to get a couple Shea Moisture products.

oh my god. oh my god. this conditioner like, saved my hair's life. not even joking.
my hair is incredibly damaged. years and years of box dye, bleach, and a bad experience with $3 henna from the cash and carry have left my once-curly hair a total wreck. when I went in for the big chop (ish, I went from shoulder length to an ear-length bob), the stylist described the texture as "gummy". yeah.
I talked to a friend who works at lush and she recommended this, but I didn't want to shell out sooo much money for it so picked up a cheaper conditioner and a sample of this.
once I ran out of the other I used the sample til I could get to the store and am I ever glad I did.
now mind you, my hair is not back to its pre-damage self - my top layer is still fried, however it is now so soft and so shiny, and my new hair is so curly and so beautiful that I find myself just admiring it in the mirror. I was considering cutting it again to get rid of that top layer but no more!
when they said this was for hair repair, they really weren't joking. sure the smell isn't my absolute favorite but it's not bad either, and to be honest it works so well I wouldn't care if it smelled like old shoes.

long story short - if your hair is damaged, this is so so so worth the money.

LOVE this conditioner, use it all the time on my wavy, dry ombré color treated hair & nothing gives me results like this. Tip: I dillute it with water to avoid it makes my hair oily or sticky.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been repurchasing this conditioner for the past 3 years. I really love it. My hair is wavy/curly and long, down to my bellybutton, and this conditioner is the only one I've tried that moisturises my hair and makes it super soft and manageable.

Pros:
- the best conditioner I have ever used on my hair. Really brought it back to life after 4 years of stupidly straightening the crap out of my hair when I was a teenager.
- does have bad ingredients like I've mentioned in the cons. However it contains no silicones or the majority of horrible ingredients you find in regular conditioners.
- I wash my hair every 4 days and the smell of this conditioner lasts until the next time I wash my hair.
- softens hair and makes it more manageable. If I stopped using this conditioner I would struggle to even brush my hair.
- LUSH are cruelty-free!

Cons:
- I don't like a couple of the ingredients. LUSH put SLS and parabens in this conditioner and I think it's totally unnecessary.
- the product is not consistent in terms of the texture. By this I mean that when repurchasing this product I have sometimes ended up with a product that is too lumpy or too runny. I have to check the jars in store to make sure it's the right texture.
- I don't like the packaging. LUSH's American Cream conditioner is in a bottle and I wish this conditioner was too. It can get messy if you're not careful and I've had jars of this which have leaked product before.
- I wish it was cheaper.
- you really need to make sure it is all properly rinsed out, else it leaves your hair with a weird waxy texture. This conditioner is not thick and does not feel like regular store bought conditioners so I think it's a bit more difficult to tell when it's all rinsed out.

I am looking for a new conditioner that is cruelty-free, contains no harmful ingredients and also works really well for my hair. However until then I will obviously repurchase this.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My regular conditioner works better than this, let alone a deep conditioner.... Smells disgusting, like mown grass that's turned to compost. I've tried leaving o for differing times between 3 minutes - 30 minutes, to no avail. Doesn't detangle, or soften, or smooth my hair, if anything it makes it feel more coarse and smell like crap. Also, for long thick hair the jar would maybe last 3-4 uses....

on 3/4/2016 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I'm quite surprised to see the amount of people who dislike this conditioner. The one thing that I don't quite like about it is the scent. I couldn't describe it if you put a gun to my head, but it's just not very pleasant. I don't find that it lingers though, so it's not too big of an annoyance. Oh, and the price is what makes me just buy this every once and a while. With hair as thick as mine, you'll go through the tub way too fast for it to be financially responsible to buy this over and over again as a student. The middle sized tub (245g) is £11.25 in the UK (where I sometimes order from), but £15.30 (185SEK) in Sweden. Other than that, it's a great pick me up for dry and damaged hair. I paired this with the Rehab shampoo when my hair was basically down and out, and it got my hair back in the game again. Since then I've been using better hair products overall, and my hair hasn't gotten that bad again. But it's a perfect cure to bring in when your hair is in serious need of some intense care.

on 3/11/2016 3:04:00 PM

I used this conditioner a lot back when i had a major lush obsession. Recently purchased again and i forgot how much you need to rinse this conditioner out! If you dont wash it all out it can leave your hair feeling a little waxy and unclean. Scent is good and I would repurchase as it does work nicely!