Prescriptives Traceless

No Image

3.9

Water, phenyl tremethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl dimethicone, butylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, octyl methoxycinnamate, plydecene, glyceryl dilaurate, isotearic acid, ceramide 2, sodium hyaluronate, palmitoyl pentapeptide 3, caffeine, sc-rose, hydrogenated lecithin, steareth 21 tocopheryl acetate, glycerin, linoleic acid, cholesterol, dimethicone copolyol, lavender, rose, geraniym, jasmin, carbomer, polysorbate 20, magnesim aluminum silicate, cellulose gum, xanthan gum, tromethamine, bht, tetrasodium edta, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides, perfluoropolymethlisopropyl ether

on 7/8/2013 3:30:00 PM

About a year ago, I thought Prescriptives had gone out of business, and that made me sad. Not because I thought there was anything spectacular about any of their products, but I just thought it was a shame. So when I found out they had started an online business, I was happy for them, and decided to check it out. After some recent bad experiences trying to select the correct foundation color from other brands, I decided to try this one again. I had used it in the past, and really didn't recall anything except that level 1 was my shade. Now that I have it, I do recall that unfortunately, other than the color being right, I really don't care for the foundation. It really isn't very buildable or flattering. It accentuates the dry patches around my nose and it seems to be all or nothing for me--if I use too little, it doesn't provide enough coverage, but using more just makes it cakey and mask-like. Using a good primer doesn't really make a difference either. So I do wish Prescriptives well but I really don't see myself buying anything else from them anytime soon.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I've always been a fan of Prescriptives foundations. On a whim I decided to try something lighter and different. After so many years of searching I've finally found the perfect foundation for me. It blends in well with my other skincare products and gives my dry skin an extra bit of moisturizing. I have a relatively smooth and even complexion but when I use this with a tiny dab of Prescriptives concealer it takes my skin to the next level of flawless. I can't say how much I love this stuff and could never imagine using any other tinted moisturizer or foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My HG foundation. I have used this for years and years, even when I worked for Clinique (shhhh, don't tell!) Technically, it's a tinted moisturizer, but way better than the standard TM. It totally kills all redness and will cover some discoloration. You do need a concealer for any active pimples. Most importantly, it doesn't run, disappear, flake, settle into lines, etc. This is huge for me as I have very challenging skin: oily, acneic, flaky from Tazorac, sensitive, with fine lines. This manages to make me look like I have naturally beautiful skin. The finish is mildly dewy, which I personally like, as I'm going for the natural look. It also feels like nothing on, which is so nice. Only complaint is that SPF 8 is completely insufficient and I need to apply another sunscreen underneath. I have only ever needed Level 1, even in the middle of summer, which is nice - so versatile. I set it on my oily areas with some of that white silica powder that you can get from any brand.

on 4/17/2011 3:09:00 PM

I used Prescriptives Virtual Skin years ago and always wanted to try Traceless but was worried I would be an oily mess since it's a TM. Ten years later, I'm on the hunt for a new foundation and figured I'd give it a try. My NC15, sensitive, reacts-to-everything, combo skin loves this foundation/TM. In fact, I receive more compliments on my skin when I use this than when I use anything else. I use Level 01 applied with a foundation brush, then set it with a small amount of Dior Forever powder and my skin looks flawless, glowing and natural. It lasts all day on me without any touchups and doesn't irritate my skin one bit. I hope Px keeps selling this online; it would be just my luck to find an HG after 10 years of searching and have it completely discontinued.

on 10/15/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Sure, just when I try this and love it, Prescriptives goes out of business! Just my luck. Anyway, I'm a MAC C3, Stila C, and Level 3 is a perfect match. I love the texture, light-diffusing properties, the ease of application, the moisturization, how natural it looks on the skin, the way it doesn't sink into/emphasize wrinkles and pores, and how it wears. I wish it gave just a bit more coverage (hence the 1-lipstick deduction), and it wears better over a primer (I use Smashbox Light), but those are my only complaints. I use this as my "casual" foundation and wear my LM TM as for a more polished look. I bought a backup of this, although I'm betting that it'll turn up in one of EL's other lines.

on 8/3/2009 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a nice, generic tinted moisturzer that's easy to apply (you just slap it on). No staying powder and is a bit on the greasy side.

I often just use primer to even out my skintone but if I want to go one step up, I put this on and it evens out my skin without actually covering anything. It's great for a truly natural look. continued >>

on 5/15/2009 10:46:00 PM

i use this to even out skintone unevenness. it is very light and sheer and it gives a great dewy glow. it goes on a lot better if your skin is nicely moisturized beforehand.

wouldn't recommend this unless you have pretty good skin already.

on 4/7/2009 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Even though I am a Px junkie and love just about all their stuff, this tinted moisturizer just did not do it for me. It provided absolutely no coverage. There was a bit of shimmer but other than that ---Nothing. Being one who suffers from occasional acne breakouts I always have something to cover. I tried using concealer under the TM but it just looked unattractive. Honestly, the only time I would be able to wear this and pull it off perfectly would be in my dreams. There I always have perfect even mat skin without one blemish.

I have given 2 lippies as I can see this tinted moisturizer working great for individuals with flawless skin. Such individuals should be able to get some use out of this. If you are one of these girls with nothing to cover then this one is for you.

With that said, I will continue to use my HG Laura Mercier oil free TM.

on 3/3/2009 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I LOVE this stuff!!! I'm on my third bottle. I have sensitive, VERY oily moderately acne-prone far-from-perfect skin. But I don't like heavy makeup that creates the mask of perfection. (I kinda have issues with "scaring" people just because I've washed my makeup off!) So with that, I prefer my makeup to be as light and look as natural as possible to enhance the best of "me" and allow my skin to breathe. This product, as the name implies, is indeed "traceless" on the skin as it is literally undetectable by others or you. Yet, it "softens" imperfections and gives a soft natural clean glow. I'm REALLY oily so I do not use additonal moistuizer with this and it's perfect. I use a spot treatment underneath for acne blemishes and a LITTLE powder on top on those hot summer days or for a more "made-up" look. I love the low spf because high spf on dark skin looks wierd. Applied with a slightly damp foundation brush this glides on and blends glamorously and a bottle lasts forever - like 6+months for me. No problem with breakouts or irritation either! If you are seeking complexion perfection or a matte finish (and aren't blessed with it naturally) this is not for you. But for us "keep it real" ladies this is it!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Left me quite greasy, didn't cover or brighten, useless as a primer.