Sally Hansen Brush-on hair remover

2.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

DONT USE THIS OMG!!! I use hair removal creams regularly on my upper lip and chin, and I thought this would be a good product because of the convenient brush on applicator. It BURNED my face. I generally leave the product on for recommended time, and I followed the directions for this one. I left it on about 5 minutes (it says to use for 3 and if you need more results, another 2. No more than 8 minutes). I didn't feel any discomfort while it was on my face, however after wiping it off and rinsing my face, it started to burn. Shortly after, my face where I'd used it was blotchy red and very sensitive and it itched/burned (definitely not scratchable itch, a painful itch). So I immediately rinsed again in cold water, put Vitamin E oil all over my face, and then iced it for about 20 minutes. The icing helped, and I put more Vit E before I went to bed. I woke up the next morning with the redness gone but there is definitely a residual discomfort on my skin. I applied my makeup normally and had no issues and I anticipate my skin will be back to normal by tomorrow. Overall, I do not consider my face to be sensitive skin at all, and I would strongly discourage anyone with sensitive skin from using this product. I did a patch test and had no reaction.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I actually really enjoy this product. I bought the one with aloe vera in it, which I thought would help dilute the smell that hair removal products tend to have (spoiler alert: it didn't'!). Despite the smell, I would buy it again since it removed a lot of the hair off of my face. Just be gentle and don't irritate the area that you just applied the product to for a while (an hour or so).

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

I try to go threading but didn't have time so purchased this at Rite-Aid. Never again!
I am now left with two red dry patches around my mouth. Not gentle at all, not even sure if it removed anything.

It does work to get rid of the hair. But, it is VERY drying. Also, it makes me break out. I would rather just wax it

This thing is a doozy.

First off, I followed its instructions and I have used this product twice (in which it was a big mistake).

It smells good, but it is not gentle on the face even if this product contains Aloe Vera and other skin soothing ingredients.

I tried the patch test and it worked out fine, though when applied to the face, you must NOT leave it on for more than 3 minutes because it will leave parts of your skin dry and flaky. Even moreso inflammated and it is going to hurt.

I don't reccomend this product because it will cause harm to the pores and its going to take me days for my face to heal.

Additionally, it did remove my facial hair but this product isn't particularly as skin friendly as it looks.

In conclusion, do not buy it!

So as TMI as this is, my 'stache is about as dark, thick, and nasty as it gets on a woman. I've tried many products to remove it. MySpringit broke me out horrendously, waxing is expensive and means I have to wait until the hair is at an embarrasingly long length to pull the hair out, shaving only exacerbates the issue, and most hair removal creams burn the heck out of my skin.

Not sure what possessed me to buy this at Ulta but I did. It's definitely the best hair removal cream I have come accross (last one I used was Nars which left me with a moustache-shaped chemical burn). I followed the directions to the letter, including the patch test on the inside of the elbow. I left it on for the full 8 minutes because I know from experience that my hair is stubborn.

It removed most, but not all the hair. However, it took off enough for me to feel ok to go out in public. It will require another round of it though to get it all, which I'll have to wait 24 houra for.

Now, does it burn? Yes, especially over the old acne scars (thanks to MySpringIt). Yet compared to others I've tried, this burns the least and is the moat bearable. For comfort, I put a cool washcloth over the spots that sting. Do not rub it and DO NOT put soap or any other product for at least 2 hours after! That being said, make sure you have a large amount if tine to commit to this (even though the actual hair removal process itself is only 8 minutes).

I'd also like to add that though the skin feels like it's burning, the cream actually leaves it very soft and smooth.

So all in all, this performed better than I expected with minimal side effects. If you can take the after burn, then I'd say give this a shot.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, I didn't find a "Sally Hansen Vitamin E Creme Hair Remover for Face" review and don't know how to go about adding a new review, so this is my review for that one, not the brush-on kind.

I really like this, it has lasted me a whole year and I only need to use it every week and a half to two weeks on my face. I like the tightened feel afterwards, and the smell is predictably bad, but not nauseating, and a little herbal-y. The only negative thing about it is I need to use my fingers or q-tip to apply it, so I will try the brush-on kind to compare. But I will buy the tube type again.

First of all, forget the "brush". It's not really a brush, it's a clump of plasticy strips attached to the bottle cap, it reminds me of the jars of paste we used to have at school (I'm telling my age...). No big deal though, I just use a cotton swab to apply. THAT SAID - the product itself is very good! Vert thick consistency makes it easy to apply especially to spot areas. Does the trick even on baby-fine hair, and isn't too harsh either. I found the bottle much, much easier to use than similar product from a tube. One bottle lasts a long time. I will definitely purchase again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This works on peach fuzz I have on my chin. It doesn't work on darker hairs, just soft baby hairs. I have to leave it on for the longest amount of time. I don't put anything else on my face after I use this because it will irritate my face.

The product I used is the extra strength precision brush-on hair remover. It did not burn or irritate my skin which was great but it also didn't remove any hair either. I"m not a fan of the tube with a brush on the end either, it's good in theory but sort of messy in practice.

Popular Hair Treatments