TiGi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Conditioner

TiGi Bedhead Moisture Maniac Conditioner
Bedhead Moisture Maniac Conditioner

3.4

**REFORMULATION: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4 Ingredient Attributes: moisture, anti-humectant **ORIGINAL FORMULA: Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Stearyl Alcohol, Parfum(Fragrance), DMDM Hydantoin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Pentaerythrityl Tetracaprylate/Tetracaprate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Silk Amino Acids, D&C Orange 4

on 4/23/2017 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I like this conditioner. I used to use this in the early 2000s and then Tigi pulled it from stores. I just found it again and am happy I did. I'm not sure if it's old stock or they are selling it again (I thought it was discontinued and it is not listed on the Bed Head website). It's not one I'll use soley anymore - there are better or equal products that are less expensive. However, it's still a great product.

Me: Dry, bleached hair. I have fine hair, but alot of it. It's wavy and can get frizzy easily.

Pros:
- Good moisturizing conditioner. It's not the most moisturizing conditioner I use, but will likely be fine for most people.
- Doesn't weigh my hair down or leave any films/residue.
- I like the scent. However, if you have issues with scent, just be careful with this. It is very strong. It's a fruity scent.
- Great packaging. I love that most bottles have a pump.

Cons:
- I have really dry hair. My hair drinks this up and I tend to go through it really fast. So, it ends up being pricey per use. There are more up to date formulations that moisturize better.

Price: $25 for 25 fl oz at Target online. I've also found it on Walgreens.com. I haven't seen these in brick/mortar stores for years. Tigi used to have liter sales where you could purchase 2 liters for $20. I haven't seen those in years.

My hair: Coarse, wavy (2B), and bleached about 6 levels (read: damaged)! My hair is platinum and I'm not a natural blonde. It craves hydration and this is a mega moisture punch!

This gets my fly-aways to lay down and take some of the "poof" out of my big waves without being greasy, sticky, or generally weighed down. This also seems to absorb really well into my hair, rather than just coat it, because it doesn't make my hair feel rough or tangled. Just smooth and freshly hydrated.

The results above are why I love this, BUT, the packaging with the pump, the super tropical scent, and of course the price point are an obvious plus.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I actually bought the shampoo, NOT the conditioner, but MUA doesn't have an entry for that. So that said, and prepare for a tl;dr, I love this. Last Christmas Ulta had litters this one sale for $7 each. I figured for the price I'd give it ago. Initial I didn't love it. Obviously because I am only now posting this. Since then I have bleached and really tortured my hair. After running out of everything else, i gave this a second try and it is fabulous. Even without using conditioner or serum, when my hair air dries it feels normal/healthy again.

on 11/14/2013 3:00:00 AM

The packaging is cute. Smells nice. Adds some moisture. But not great so I don`t think i will buy it again. Nice enough so it worth a try, and it is easy to find everywhere...

on 1/20/2014 1:41:00 AM

Started using this in conjunction with the shampoo. I am very pleased! My hair is significantly better. Much softer, manageable, it feels healthy. Definitely worth the buy. Be warned this is only sold and guaranteed in salons, not department stores or grocery stores. It says right on the bottle.

on 3/9/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This is a really great, moisturizing conditioner, up there with biolage conditioning balm in terms of effectiveness. Its a real pity that it has been discontinued.
But FYI... its still widely available on amazon, ebay, and some other online retailers. I just picked up a gallon off Amazon for the same price as would be a small bottle! The gallons are rare, but the regular size bottles are very easy to find, and they are regular priced.

There are some very informative, helpful reviews about this product here already, so I won't go to into the great ingredients too much cause its already been said. (see "most helpful" reviews)

Since its silicone free it won't build-up, and it has very minimal protein, making it somewhat rare.

The fragrance is out of this world wonderful to my nose. It stays in hair for a long while too.
It smells like peach blossom flowers and some tart fruit... Which doesnt sound great, but trust me it is a divine smell. They nailed the scent. It reminds me just a little of Burberry for women perfume!
I remember when I was using this years ago: The first time I tried it, I was staying with friends, and it was in their shower. I used it but was very suspicious of the orange liquid and the cutesy stylized bottle. To me, this stuff looked like candy... cute, but cheap and probably low quality.
I was AMAZED later as my hair dried... My hair looked and felt like I had used biolage! (that NEVER happens... Biolage is super unique in the texturizing, moisturizing, light feel on my hair). My hair felt amazing... it had body...it was shiny... it wasn't weighed down.
So I bought it and continued using it for a while, but stopped using it because it was harder for me to find then biolage.
Very excited to add this back into my rotation!!!
I highly suggest ordering some of this extinct product online before the prices shoot up. At the very least, if you use it and don't like it you can resell it on ebay later.

on 12/29/2011 10:45:00 AM

I bought a big bottle of this at TJ Maxx because I am in love with the Bedhead volumizing shampoo (in the pink bottle), so I thought I'd give this a shot since it's from the same brand. It's nothing more than average. Doesn't seem to really condition my hair exceptionally well, and definitely doesn't help detangle. I've gone through several bottles of the shampoo and am still working my way through this conditioner, just because there are so many others that I prefer to use over this.

on 11/28/2011 1:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I really like it, it smells sooooo good and fruity and I like how it doesn't make my hair heavy and flat, it gives me a whispy effect.

It also works amazingly on my straight hair when I want voluminous waves and I use mousse after the shower. It's really hard for me to get wavy hair, much less when I use conditioner, so it was good that I dont have to sacrifice moisture for curls. Win!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I used to use this about10 years ago. Looking back, it's expensive for what it is. It smells great, moisturizes and detangles. But it's expensive and I have found drugstore brands that do just as good if not better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought it for a fairly good price, and was excited to try it. I almost finished a 750 ml bottle now and I think it gives moisture but it's not that amazing. My ends definitely need more than this product offers. Also I need to use a lot of product to get relatively good results. I have used better conditioners for less money.

I like the smell and the texture although it could be a bit thicker, the pump is a nice feature.

Will not repurchase because I think there are better products out there.