4.2

package quality

price range

Reviews

11 years ago

I LOVE this WDT. It makes my hair really soft and shiny. The only thing I don't love is the tub. I use it in the shower and it slips out of my hand and the whole thing is down the drain. The 20$ tub lasts forever, a little goes a long way, so it's worth it to buy some more because it is such a fab product, but for shower use I will put it into a different container! Get some of this, you will love it, guaranteed!

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

11 years ago

My hair absolutely loves this stuff! I have waist length, thick, coarse, dry curly hair. It's my HG treatment. It's silicone and protein free, a combo that is so hard to find. I use it as a deep treatment with heat every week or two for an hour (sometimes overnight) & dull, dry curls perk right right up and become shiny and smooth. In the winter, I use it as a rinse out conditioner and a leave-in when the cold, dry air turns my hair to hay. It's heavy on butters so it's best for very dry or thick hair. I've even used it as a hand moisturizer. The Island Fantasy scent is to die for... yummy! The 8oz & liter size only come in a tub (3 tubs for the liter) which means you have to scoop it out with your hands adding germs and water if you're in the shower. Jessicurl products have preservatives but I suspect not in great quantity since they do go rancid, especially the tubs (water & germ extras from scooping!) The gallon size comes in a jug with a pump which protects the product better. The price is pretty steep for an 8 oz tub but buying the larger sizes makes it more economical. I buy it by the gallon now since I go through it pretty quickly (I use 1/2 a tub for one deep treatment). I wish it was available locally. I stock up during shipping specials to save $30+ USD in shipping charges for gallons. Still, even if it was twice the price, I would buy it. I can't live without it!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesGreen

2.0

11 years ago

Ok, so after reading all the raves about this product I just had to try it. My hair is straight, thick and I have lots of it. I tried this product in unscented and I was not impressed with it. I used it as a deep conditioner with heat and it was eh, just ok. My hair felt somewhat tangled after I used it, it didn't seem to give me that moisture I was looking for and it actually made my hair feel "rough" if that makes sense. I am glad I tried it though, but I won't be repurchasing this.

About reviewer (214 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Tan, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

11 years ago

INCREDIBLE! This is my rock solid super staple hair care product. I use it as a leave in EVERY time and get amazing results. I prefer to use it as a leave in than a Deep treatment or a rinse out. The scent is really awesome albeit strong, so someone really sensitive to strong scents will def. have issues. But it does come in unscented. The product itself is thick, rich and very moisturizing on my coarse naturally curly waist length hair. The natural oils,herbals and butters make a great healthy combination for parched curls and scalp healing. I love this stuff so much that I give little samples to my friends to get them on the wagon! I do wish that I could get this OTC, but am more than willing to order and pay shipping to get a product that produces such great results.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

11 years ago

I'm CG, so I don't use silicones or sulfates, and my hair is protein-sensitive. Obviously, it can be tough to find products that meet all of these requirements! Thankfully, Jessicurl WDT does, and it works great. Gives me silky smooth curls that are easy to style. I use this once a week and leave on for about an hour before rinsing out. The Island Fantasy scent is a little overpowering, but I like it. Also love that this is a relatively cheap deep conditioner.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

12 years ago

i just love this stuff, especially w/heat. It really leaves my hair moisturized & soft & it has no protein or cones which is wonderful too! this is my hg for dt for my thick & coarse hair. will repurchase, only wish i could get it here instead of online but oh well, its worth it.

About reviewer (25 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

12 years ago

I need to be clear-I'm giving this 5 lippies for the way I use it, but not as a deep conditioner. I admit that I'm not a fan of Jessicurl products. Every single one I've ever tried made my MORE frizzy and awful (and I'm pretty sure I've tried, literally, every product she sells). I like the website's tips for styling curls, I just don't like their haircare. Anyway, I had a little tub of this leftover from when I'd ordered travel sets from the website. I didn't think it did anything for my hair as a deep conditioner, and I have plenty of those in my stash that I love, so I tried this one night out of desperation. I ran a bit through my dry, styled hair as a leave-in, when my hair looked dry and blah. This soaked right in, without any greasiness at all. I was impressed, and tried it as a leave-in conditioner on my wet hair the next day. When I put some of this in my hair with a bit of gel, I get nice, smooth and shiny curls. I love it for that reason alone, and I also love the Island scent.

About reviewer (397 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesOther

from

12 years ago

Love this deep conditioner! This is a great conditioner for using after a protein treatment, such as emergencee. It gives great moisture & smells wonderful in the island fantasy. I will definitely buy it again & I highly recommend it!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

12 years ago

This is the best deep treatment I've found! I love using it as a rinse out, but I love it even more with heat! It leaves my hair soft, smooth, and beautifully conditioned. The Island Fantasy scent is divine -- if you like coconutty floral scents. <br><br> If your hair is oily, you probably won't want to use this very often, but for someone with frizzy hair, this is a godsend.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

This is my new favorite deep conditioner! I've been using it once a week for about a month now. Love the stuff. I have been using cone-free products for a few months now and have really noticed a difference in my hair's health. This conditioner really adds moisture. It's thick and you don't need much, but it rinses clean and just leaves your hair feeling great. I got this in the island fantasy scent, which is nice.

About reviewer (299 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure