Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Face and Body Creme

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Mineral Oil, Water Purified, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Paraffin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Sodium Borate Lanolin, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance (Parfum), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI 19140), FD&C Yellow 6 (CI 15985), FD&C Red 40 (CI 16035), FD&C Red 33 (CI 17200)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a staple for me, even when it's not winter (I'm a biology major; I wash my hands a lot in the lab and it dries them out). I use it on pretty much my entire body except my face, as it is a bit greasy. I do, however, use it on my lips. I personally like the smell. I do think it would be better in a tube as opposed to the jar, but that's just for sanitation purposes. I have not tried Palmer's, so I cannot compare them, but I will definitely try it to see which one I like better!

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I found a jar of it for 2$ at family dollar. I was looking for something for my feet before flip flop season. I was also intrigued by the fact it says you can use it on your face. although it is pretty greasy, I did try it on my chin where I have a breakout that won't go away and has gotten super dry from spot treating. while it hasn't helped it go away any f aster, it has helped relieve the dryness. I am a tad greasy in the morning but a little simple micellar water fixes that. as far as using it on your body, I recommend using it before bed because it takes a while to absorb, but the next morning my skin in healthy and smooth and that's really all I can ask for. I know there are a lot of complaints about the smell, but I personally love it and it doesn't last long. for the price, I am happy. hopefully it stays not breaking me out and I can keep using it.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Compared to palmers I am not impressed.
I did not think it was very moisturizing and more lightweight than other cocoa butter creams I have tried.
The scent was also ok but pretty generic smelling.

on 3/17/2015 8:26:00 PM

This product gave me TERRIBLE hives. I used it a couple times before they started, but now I have itching, burning red hives all over my arms, legs, and torso less than a week after my first use. Hoping I can get a refund.

on 8/1/2015 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is for the Queen Helene Cocoa Butter Face+Body Creme. Same packaging, just a new look. The cocoa butter is very moisturizing which is great for someone who has very dry skin. I happen to love the smell, but I can understand how others would disagree. It has more of a nutty coconut smell. It reminds me of the beach. It's subtle & it doesn't linger(at least I haven't noticed). A little goes a long way so the tube will last you a long time. Occasionally, I use it for my face, but I mostly just stick to using it on my body. All in all, I like it.

on 7/15/2015 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

this is my HG moisturizer! i've been using cocoa butter on my skin for years but i saw this at a beauty supply store for $5 and decided to try it. it's super thick and luxurious, and some would say a lil greasy but it feels and looks like you just used a body oil once you apply it. the smell is nutty but subtle, though i'd understand why some would not like it. i usually put it on every other day right before day and wake up with the softest, smoothest skin i've ever had. it works nicely on my face too but i do have pretty non-reactive skin so you'll need to patch test on your face first so you don't break out. as others have mentioned, the only fault is it's in a tub. it makes sense considering the type of product but still a lil yucky lol. all in all, a lovely product!

on 7/16/2014 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I picked up a tub of this at Walmart because I'm always on the lookout for "cheap and cheerful" body lotions, creams and butters that I can slather on freely and not feel I'm going to break the bank (and I can save my pricier products for more special occasions or when I truly feel the need for pampering). I also like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask, so figured this would be a pretty good product too. I love applying this heavily all over my feet and then topping with a pair of cotton socks before bed. And it's lovely after a shower and leaves a nice, dewy glow on my skin. I can't imagine using this on my face - just too rich and too filled with stuff that doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'm also not wild about the smell. I was really expecting something that smelled of cocoa butter, like Palmer's cream. But the scent is at least fairly innocuous. Great and affordable product, so you don't need to worry about being a bit lavish with this.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

May as well just buy a tub of Vaseline and use that instead. This product smells o.k but does NOTHING to moisturize the skin. I have dry skin and this just sat on top of my skin. I'm just glad it was cheap as I bought the mini version. Straight into the trash it goes.

on 7/14/2014 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I personally like the fragrance of this cream. It reminds me of tanning oil. I also loved the way it made my skin look and feel- dewy and soft...BUT, it made my skin break out in an itchy rash. So disappoining.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Goodbye, raggedy cucticles and alligator elbows!
This works great for cracked, rough and sore skin. (The first ingredients are: mineral oil, water, beeswax, and paraffin.) Make no mistake, this is not lightweight lotion-- it is a thick and heavy balm. I have to warm it up, slather it on, and rub, rub, rub it in. BUT it is WORTH IT! I am left with contented, glowing, and protected skin for hours. Once it is dry, the finish is like an oil. Smooth and sheeny, but not sticky.
The smell: I avoided this for a really long time because of the chocolatey/nutty scent. I personally don't like dessert-like scents, but once worked into the skin, on me at least, this changes to a mild "warm and cozy" fragrance. It does smell sweeter on my mom though...Test it out maybe?
If you are like me and really like a thick cream for your hands before bed, you simply must try this!
FYI: although this is labed for face as well as body, I have never tried it as a moisturizer. Just hand and body!

Popular Lotions / Creams