no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I got this collection off eBay, and I love the elegance of the midnight blue, jewel-like, heart-shaped compact. It looks lovely sitting on the vanity table, a very pleasant little indulgence. It's thin enough you could slip it into an evening purse. It comes with 2 little brush applicators, which are soft yet firm, perfect for applying either lipstick or gloss. There is a high-quality, distortion-free mirror which is true to colour, so it's is a perfect size for primping your lips (it's an upside-down heart shape, so the widest part of the heart is ideal for applying lip products). The lipsticks are pleasant but no great improvement over any other lipstick, and the gloss that goes on top is a pink, very shimmery shade, suitable only for parties. The lipstick shades aren't labelled, so I have no idea what the colors are. The lipsticks stay on OK, but not more than 2 hours. They are not drying at all (which is nice), so they would be good in a dry or cold climate. I wouldn't buy this at full price, but I got a deal on eBay, so I'm pretty happy, but one is enough, I don't need any additional ones. What I would buy instead are Chantecaille lip glosses, which also can be bought in mini sizes off Ebay, they also would slip into the smallest wristlet or evening purse, and provide long-lasting hydration for 4 hours.

About reviewer (228 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinAcne-prone, Olive, Neutral

HairSilver, Curly, Other

EyesBrown

14 years ago

I have use all the best quality lipskicks from the finest department stores and this is my very favorite. I only buy this one because I just treat myself as a royalty. Simply the best! Marcia

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

16 years ago

yes this product is expensive, but in my opinion cle de peau has one of the most beautiful range of lipsticks. the color and texture are perfect. if you're looking for teenie super glossy lips try maybelline.

About reviewer (14 reviews)

Age

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

1.0
from

16 years ago

Clé de Peau's Lip Color Collection is a limited edition collection of 5 lipstick and 1 lipgloss shades, in a gorgeous blue heart-shaped compact with 2 brush applicators. Unfortuntely, if this thing isn't a waste of money, I don't know what is. Sure, the packaging is gorgeous: the compact is very luxurious and it has a nice mirror and just looks very elegant when you take it out for touch-ups, but the lipsticks pretty much suck. They all go on extremely sheer, and basically look like very lightly tinted balms. The gloss isn't that great either. It's not very high-shine, and doesn't last. I can't believe this thing costs $75.

About reviewer (263 reviews)

Age19-24