Bumble & Bumble Curl Conscious Calming Creme

3.8

on 11/22/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I watched a video on YouTube but these Scottish dude hair stylists that was so helpful regarding this product. My hair can get dry and pretty big and out of control sometimes (3a/2c). What they did in the video was so easy for someone lazy like me. They applied it throughout the hair and twisted it in large dread-like ropes. After it dried thoroughly they gently untwisted and the model's hair was frizz free and her curls looked fantastic. Their technique with this product absolutely worked for me.

Why not 5 lippies then? Because I need VOLUME!! Maybe one product can't be all things but as soon as I add a volume spray my curls start getting I truly again. This is good if you like a polished look for your curls. I love the impossible for my fine curls: frizz free with wild volume.

I wanted to get the B&B curl creme for fine hair even if my hair is thicker, but I still remember that Bumble's creamy products are heavier. In salons they use a palmful (nearly) on me but I don't blow dry my hair and I think there is something different that goes on there in that case. This can feel quite waxy as it dries in my hair- I try to rumple it into my hair, (I continue scrunching my hair throughout the day) and while it definitely gives my hair a MUCH thicker, voluminous feel, I'm not sure that it's "curlier". I'm trying to swap this away now, so if you're interested, write me!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I have very fine but thick hair, with curls that tend to frizz, and I color my hair quite frequently. I have been using this product for nearly five years now, and it is my "go to" curly hair product. First using the Ouidad moisture lock leave in conditioner, then a good dollop of the curl cream, and I am good to go on even humid Philly days. Add it to hair that is still almost dripping wet- don't dry too much.

on 12/30/2012 12:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have had it for 8 months and my conclusion is that it wasn't worth the 30 bucks spent on it. This creme did nothing to control frizz or volume. I have the Bumble & Bumble Straight shampoo and the conditioner and I figured that if I used products from the same brand it would help some, specially because the shampoo and conditioner were sulfate free but - nah.
My hair was exactly the same and even after doing 2 keratin treatments this product did nothing on volume.
Moroccan oil is a better option.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This is a hair necessity for me, I have thick, longish hair that's fairly coarse, especially the underneath layer. This product eliminates the frizz and makes my hair both soft and wavy, after applying it I let it air dry without even scrunching it. The only problem is that for my hair, at least, it takes a fair amount of product to actually achieve results. It ends up balancing out for me because I don't have to wash/style my hair every day, it usually lasts for three to four days, but if you shower every morning I would consider going with a cheaper option.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely do not know what I would do without this product. My hair is extremely thick and kinky, and this product has done wonders on my hair. I have found over the years that it works best using very little near the roots and more as you go down, the opposite of some of the products I have used. Overall, this is one of the styling products that I never hesitate to drop the $$ for.

on 5/4/2011 5:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have fine (but thick) curly hair that is very prone to frizz. I scrunch this product into my hair after my leave-in conditioner and a serum. I finish it off with a light gel. I put all my styling products in while my hair is dripping wet. I then plop my hair in a microfiber towel for 15 minutes or so.

This product is only so-so for me. It does a decent job defining my curls and reducing frizz, but I've tired better stuff. Also, CG should be aware that it has silicones in it, so you will have to clarify after using it.

I will finish the bottle, but I won't buy it again.

on 3/23/2011 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Did leave my hair soft and held the curl however it didn't define my curls anymore than me using no product. I've used it 5 times now and tried a few different things and pretty much have gotten similar results each time.

on 3/11/2011 12:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

HGHGHGHGHG.

Only thing that keeps my lions mane tamed. The key to using this is when you hair is wet. Don't wrap you hair in a towel. You want it damp. Leaning more wet than dry. You also want to use a little bit of it.

I have dry, curly shoulder length hair that's normally super frizzy. When I use just a tiny bit, this product keeps my hair pretty well under control. I don't find it to be greasy at all and it's great for making spiral curls using a diffuser. Also leaves a nice, soft finish.

Definitely recommend!