Milani Brightener

Price: $

Not tested on animals

on 7/11/2006 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect on my LLL warm toned NC15/NC20 skin. Tones down redness. Cute small pacakging, small enough to slip into your purse for touchups or travel if you wanted. I like my ben nye bananae visage poudre more, but this is easier to find and just as cheap.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

cute packaging, alright powder. really didn't see too much difference and have since found something i love even more.

on 4/5/2005 2:41:00 PM

Bought this b/c I needed a loose powder to travel with. This is a rather nice product anyway. Comes in a small, cute jar with a screw top and sifter, with a tiny puff inside (so it's not *that* practical for travel, but it's okay as long as you're not camping or something). Powder is yellow, fine, soft and disappears on my (PPP-MMM golden tones) complexion. Actually does brighten up darkish areas around eyes and nose (NB: my dark areas aren't super-dark). No noticeable scent. Works well over makeup. I'm getting oily again now that the weather is warmer (I have combo skin) so *any* powder will fail me by midday; this didn't perform better or worse. Overall a good buy at around 4USD.

on 12/15/2005 12:03:00 AM

When I first started using this powder, I loved it. I have fairly yellow, pale skin, and I thought this was doing a good job of blending in. But now, I don't know what it is...but I think it makes my foundation look cakier and more matte than I would like. I still use it on occassion, but I find myself reaching towards my NYC translucent powder more these days. Quality of the powder is great though. Their little "poof" that comes with the package. Ha! I'm lucky that I have small fingers. I will still use it on occassion (and in moderation), but I don't think that I'll be buying this again.

on 2/27/2005 11:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow was I impressed with the Milani line! I would never have believed that something so cheap be such good quality. The powder is in a cute little container, and just enough not to go to waste in case I do get tired of it and move on to something else. I tried it over some tinted moisterizer, and it was very pleasantly surprised.Didn't dry out my face, and was nicely reflective. I didn't even have any blush on and it still showed my coloring.I am a stickler about how foundations and powders look on me since I am over 50, and this is a powder a woman of any age can wear. Very sheer powder, nice little puff and you simply cannot beat the price, fits any budget.

on 6/22/2005 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

What a bargain!!! I think that this is a really good powder. Absorbent for my oily skin but doesn't look too dry. Not the HG but better than alot of more expensive ones that I've tried.

on 9/13/2004 1:59:00 PM

definitely comparable to the SK at twice the price, and since it would probably go bad before I finish even this small jar, I like the compact packaging. i use it over the pressed powder when i am feeling too 'matte'.

I love this powder and definately will never purchase a different kind until this gets discontinued! it is AMAZING! i was scared of the yellow color at first but i am so glad i bought this! it is absolutely perfect for days when i have a bit of shine or my skin isn't looking quite up to par and my concealer isn't enough. i have always been so against wearing anything but concealer cuz even though those profucts may make my skin look flawless while they're on i've found that they make my skin tone worse, and so if i don't use them i usually have pretty flawless skin with just some concealer. but this powder makes me look even better AND it doesn't change my skintone! perfect! and for $3.49 it's quite a steal! the only reason i gave it a 4 is because i wish there was some way that the powder could stay in its little compartment and i could sift it out instead of it all pouring into the top.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

This is a ok product. Nothing special IMHO. I seen better and I've seen worst. Just.....ok.

After reading the raves about this powder I thought I would give it a try. I wanted to like this product, I mixed this with a Milani loose powder in Sand because it was a bit too yellow for me. This powder feels heavy on my face and I think it is causing me to break out with whiteheads on my nose. I have used this product for a week now and I am disappointed in it's oil controlling. My foundation works nicely but when I get extra hot and my oil produces more I need a powder that will kick in and help my foundation out. At first I liked the small shifter containers but now I just find them to be a pain to open and the small shifter area is way too small for my powder brush. I changed them to a clean shifter jar I had left over from when I used BE minerals foundation. I think I will stick to my HG powder from SK.

*UPDATE*
I have changed the No buy to Yes buy :)
It still lacks a bit in oil control but it does help keep my blush colors true and it does not fade them. I did have a bit of breaking out (whiteheads only) when I started using this product but it is calming down now. I would rebuy this but only in the brightener. I do not like the colors at least for my skin which needs very neutral colors, not too much yellow or red.