Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.7

1916 reviews

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow, 1,401 reviews. I have nothing to add, except the results of some very scientifically viable surveys conducted by me and my colleagues*
Ahem. 4 out of 5 dentists recommend you spray on Pink Sugar instead of sucking on the lollipops they give you. The fifth dentist turned out to be a Russian agent who wanted people to get cavities and diabetes.
Only TWO people out of the something-billion population of China dislike Pink Sugar. It later turned out that these two "people" were actually pandas who had been taught to read & write by eccentric monks. Pandas have a completely different sense of smell from humans, so their votes were ignored.
In our final study, a staggering 70 MILLION Italian male models proposed to a block of wood which had been generously sprayed with Pink Sugar. We had to hit them over the head with it before they realized that it was an inanimate object they had fallen in love with, not Miranda Kerr.
SCIENCE HAS SPOKEN! nothing left to say except i luv it
(*Warning: Reviewer has tendency to be stupid and make up stuff that isn't remotely true).

on 1/20/2010 11:52:00 AM

Look, I am 35, ok? I have slammed this scent over the years because I was being a frangrance snob. I order my 10 scents from Luckyscent every week and my signature scent is probably Montale Black Oud.

But.....

One day I sprayed this on at Sephora. Yes it was sweet. yes it was cotton candy. Yes it had a musk undertone. But I kid you not, as the day wore on, I got no less than 6 compliements from random strangers (mostly men) on this. Ok maybe they are not scent sophisticates, but all I know is it got all kinds of male attention. And I am single. So uhm yes, please, I'll have another!

Go figure!

I like this stuff afterall.

I received a free sample of this upon having spent an obscene amount of money on cosmetics one afternoon last year (what else is new, my only saving grace is that the bags are always so SMALL that my other half never even questions what I bought. I mean, a small teeny-tiny bag like that can't cost much, right? Heh. Just don't tell on me!) and upon getting home, I opened the little vial and just about HEAVED on the spot! Holy-freaking-candy-shop-Batman! SUGAR?! SUGAR?! I needed an insultin injection just from a .5 second SNIFF of this stuff, never mind actually WEARING IT! GAH! Couldn't imagine it.

For some unknown reason, I recently opened up this little sample vial again (I thought I'd thrown it away, don't know what got into me actually) and for some even STRANGER reason, decided to dab this on behind my ears. Now, for the first 10 minutes I had to do deep-breathing exercises to convince myself that I wasn't about to slip into a sugar-induced coma, but for some utterly inexplicable reason, something stopped me from washing the stuff off my body. (Thinking about this further, I wonder if there isn't some sort of addictant additive in this 'perfume'.... hmmmmmmmm)

Lo and behold, after an hour or more of wearing this stuff, I actually began to (gulp) LIKE it. I thought I might be crazy, so I walked downstairs to the garage where my husband was doing something unthinkably manly, like, sorting bolts... and asked, "Honey, what do you think of this?" as I proffered my neck for him to smell. Heh. Do you know what he did? Do you?? He growled. YES. He, GRRRRRRRROWLED at me. As in, "Oh BABY you are one fine hot woman" GROWL. ?!?!

Seriously? Smelling like Princess Gumdrop of Sugar Town makes me GGRRRRRowl worthy?

Well... in case you can't tell where this is already going. After letting this stuff settle on my middle-aged skin, after fighting off our next door neighbour with a fly swatter because he inSISted that he needed to smell me again... I've discovered that this stuff smells pretty heavenly.

Now, I have to use just the teensy-tiny-iddy-biddy-liddle-bit of this stuff. And I have to let it BREATHE on me for a while (so don't spritz and run out the door without handing a Medic Alert bracelet to everyone you might encounter for the next half hour) but wow... it mellows into this deeply sexy, sweet musky groove that makes me feel just.... errrm.... shall we say GRRRRRREAT!

(Tony the Tiger did not in any away endorse or support the contents of this review. The end.)

on 1/21/2017 11:20:00 PM

I'm always one to give credit to fragrances that start enduring trends. Pink Sugar did just that in 2003, kicking off the ultrasweet "gourmand" trend that's now been done to death by celebrity and high-end fumes. Pink Sugar was an original when it launched... And I don't just like it. I LOOOOOVEEEE it. (Btw I'm 45 and not prone to using words like "LOOOOOVEEEE" but it just seems.right for something so yummmmmie... There I go again.)

Pink Sugar is basically cotton candy in a bottle, with an ingenious little twist of anise and lemon (just enough to balance out the diabetic load) and when it all.comes together on my skin, it's pure joy. For an eau de toilette, it's potent and lingering, so.stick to.3 sprays at most. Very sweet fragrances like this can quickly become headache material if oversprayed. PS.dries down to a caramelized vanilla, but always retains that almost fizzy cotton-candy note.

If you think it's childish, don't wear it-- but keep.in mind that Coco.Mademoiselle and La Vie Est Belle are quite sweet too, and no one thinks those fumes are childish. I wore PS to the Women's March on 1/21/17 and it wasn't out of place with the serious message we were sending. It smells.great and girly, but not juvenile. Give it a shot; you may be surprised by just how.wearable.this little.confection can be.

I had never heard of Aquolina branded perfumes or beauty products until I read the reviews on MUA and was intrigued by the mixed reviews. It's very hard to find here in the UK (I actually don't think they sell it here) so I had to buy it online.

The bottle of Aquolina Pink Sugar is very plainly designed and looks more like a can of impulse deodorant rather than a perfume bottle. The only thing I like about the design of the bottle is the fact that it has what looks like a pink ribbon tied around it; I think that this gives the bottle a more girly and feminine appearance.

As soon as I applied the perfume onto my wrist the first thing I noticed immediately was the licorice note. First time I tried this perfume out the licorice smell was so strong that it was all I could smell for about 10 minutes. It then dried down and had a very sugary fruity scent; I was half expecting the scent to be sweet because of the name of the perfume. The scent from the perfume wasn't too overpowering after it dried down, it was strong but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was overpowering. I generally like fruity/cotton candy scents, so I also liked this one. I can personally smell Oranges and Blackcurrants in this scent. Now that I've tried it out more than once, I don't really get that licorice scent anymore, maybe only just a 2 second sniff of it and then it's gone.

After approximately 30 minutes the aroma had faded somewhat and was barely identifiable unless I put my nose up to my wrist. The fragrance still had the very sugary sweet aroma although this was accompanied with a very subtle floral undertone which sort of gave the fragrance a little bit of depth. The subtle floral note which I could detect was that of Lillie's, but the floral note of the fragrance is very subtle and barely visible because it is masked by heavier fruitier tones which give the scent an even sweeter scent. The sweeter notes which I could detect were Berries of some sort, like a mix of blueberries, strawberries etc. I actually began to like the fragrance at this point because the berry tones seemed to give the whole fragrance a more uplifting summery aroma.

The scent had died down quite a lot since the top notes had blended with the middle ones, but the scent had a more powdery musky aroma which seemed to give the perfume a much sweeter aroma. At this point I actually thought the perfume smelled good enough to eat because it reminded me of raspberry ripple ice cream. I think that the Musk and Vanilla base notes sort of complimented the Berry middle notes and gave the scent slightly more muskier aroma.

Pink Sugar is described as having:
*Top notes of Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leafs and Bergamot
The top notes are scents you can smell as soon as the perfume has been applied. The first smell will normally be the alcohol content of the fragrance which evaporates quickly. The top notes are normally a lot lighter than the other notes which are used to make up the fragrance.
*Middle notes of Lily Blossom, Liquorice, Strawberry and Red fruits
The middle notes are known as the heart of the fragrance and the other notes centre on this layer. The middle notes define the character of the fragrance as it's normally this layer that settles on the skin.
*Base notes of Vanilla, Candy and Musk. The base notes provide a base for the middle notes to linger on. The base notes determine how long a fragrance lasts. As there are only a few notes that last long, the majority of fragrances use the same base notes. The base notes are the ones which last longer than the middle and top notes.

Pink Sugar has somewhat good staying power considering it is an Eau De Toilette fragrance. Eau De Toilette scents are less concentrated than Eau De Parfum and usually last for about 4 or 5 hours on your skin, but this is never the case with me so Pink Sugar lasts about 45mins-2hours depending on how well it decides to last. I was expecting the fragrance to last a longer amount on my skin because it wasn't a really light and airy perfume. If the perfume notes of the scent were a little heavier then this would have made the scent last longer on my skin but then again this would have ruined the fragrance and give it en even more sickly sweet scent. The fragrance notes used in this perfume are nice and I'm pleased with the fruity notes as I generally don't like floral notes too much.

All perfumes smell slightly different on different people, and this is due to us having different oils in our skin. The staying power of a scent also differs from person to person because we have different types of skin oils too. I said in the review that this perfume lasts for about three or four hours on me, but it could last a longer or shorter amount of time on you.

I like the scent of the perfume although it is not one of my favourite scents. I think that Aquolina Pink Sugar falls into the sweet/fruity perfume category. I think that the scent of this perfume will not suit every one and is most probably suited to those who like the sweet fragrances. It's more of a casual wear perfume because of its staying power. I'm not too sure if I would like to buy another bottle of this perfume when I run out because I already have 2 bottles.

This ia a sweet, cute pick me up perfume to wear on a day when your needing a little boost.
It starts off with a blast of sweetness but the dry down is lovely and warm. Caramel, musk.
One of the things that really bothers me here on MUA is when people try to say what is age appropriate. Don't we as women get put in enough boxes? Too fat, too short, too old, wrong skin color etc.
I say wear what YOU like. If you eighty and love Pink Sugar than by all means wear the hell out of it!
So I'm 31 and I like this scent, not HG for me at all but something to add to my collection and wear on a day I'm feeling exsp girlie.

on 11/17/2010 8:31:00 AM

I bought this at NRack for I think $20-$30. There wasn't a sample to test out the scent, but i had heard several MuAers talk about how they get so many compliments on it. Well, the first time I sprayed it, I really didn't see the big deal. Honestly, *I* still don't. But, I find myself wearing it daily. Why? Every single time I wear it I find people (men especially) go NUTS for it. I've been chased down to ask what I'm wearing, I've had total strangers start sniff me, I've had women in restaurants beg me to spray it on them (I carry it around in my rather large purse). So, while *I* may not get the hype, I still wear it. I've got quite a collection of scents, and I've never seen anyone react to a single one of them the way people react to Pink Sugar. Because of this I still wear it. What can I say, I'm an attention whore.

on 8/16/2015 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't wear this one for me, it's cloying and seems childish. My nickname for it is "Baby Prostitute".

I love this fragrance because men love it. I only wear it when I have a target in my sights. This stuff begs him to get closer, it makes me smell delicious, edible. And encourages him to eat me up, which is exactly what I want. It lasts about the length of one hot date.

My bisexual ex broke my rollerball of it because I wouldn't lend it to him for a casual sex date with some big hairy guy. What a hag. I broke up with him and bought some more. I am not sharing my mankiller juice with anyone.

on 5/9/2008 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

*sigh*. I have joined the Pink Sugar cult. Yes, it is true. Years ago I sampled PS for a day and decided that I was too old for it, even though I kinda liked it. That all changed when one of my clients came in smelling DELISH, and mentioned that she too hesitated to purchase PS because she felt she was too old (early 60's). She then decided that life was too short to abide by society's ridiculous standards, and that it's all subjective anyway. Dang skippy! The initial cotton candy blast only lasts about 30 mins on me, then it's all snuggly musk that makes me happy...it's very comforting.

on 4/3/2007 1:12:00 AM

I disagree with what seems to be the general consensus that this perfume is a "juvenile" or childish fragrance. It's certainly youthful in nature... there are a number of candy notes that make sure of that. But underneath, there's something else that's a bit more mature and mysterious. The sweetness might serve to ensnare, but there's something deeper here. I smell oranges and musk and vanilla and a hint of berries, maybe even some bergamot. The caramel and cotton candy aren't overpowering; instead, they migrate to the background, more as a memory of innocence than a statement of naivete. To me, Pink Sugar is really very sexy... it's the essence of a certain aspect of femininity that is playful and sensual and experimental in nature. In my fiance's words, this "smells like woman". :) Pink Sugar is the fragrance for a woman who isn't afraid to combine her mischievous inner child with the mature, complex personality of her present self. I love it, and it's going to be on my favorites shelf for a long while yet.

Popular Fragrances