Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.6

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

A very sweet gourmand perfume with a slight burnt sugar note that I detect at times. Strong projection and lasts quite a while. For me it is more of a perfume that remind me of the sweet celebrity perfumes that are aimed towards younger girls. My daughter wears this for school and I can smell the perfume on her uniforms after they’ve been washed. Inexpensive and bottle is very cute.

on 3/19/2015 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Amazing omg. Smells like a gourmand orgy in a cylindrical bottle. MmmmmMmMMMmmMm gotten SO MANY COMPLIMENTS! More than any other perfume I own! So yummy

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh boy...the famous "Aquolina Pink Sugar" perfume!. where do i start...Okay, first the packaging is absolutely ADORABLE..i must say.. it comes in a cylinder like container with bright pink candy swirl around it. when you open it, it looks like something you would see in a candy box. Like chocolates or expensive sweets with the little crinkled plastic surrounding it. I adore it. It is like the people are saying" i Present to you, a Sweet Frosty treat for your body! Oh so feminine!
This perfume scent itself is rather complex to rate....as a person who loves the sweetest of all sweetest dessert type fragrances. I was excited to try this and ordered it a very long time ago, when spraying it at first, you get smacked in the face with not Alcohol(like many perfumes, which i hate, but that is a good thing) but just strait up plain POWDERED SUGAR. and nothing else...scent that rivals Bubblegum or CottonCandy....or both, whatever's your taste. That can be a good thing or a bad thing... it all depends on your taste in fragrances. if you want to smell like candy sugar and nothing else. It is PERFECT for you. Me however find it kinda...how shall i say it......idk slightly annoying?.......Here is my reason why..
The perfume is strong , which is a good thing for me..but... its just SWEET!! and thats about it! i know it has all these different notes in it..but honestly you cant smell hardly any of them! its just strong powdery sugar. I wanted more of a WARM really sweet scent, that smells like SOMETHING in particular. But when i smell this...i just cant help but to go..
"its sweet.....very sweet...very VERY sweet....GOOD LORD THIS IS SWEET...????????...okay????.....is that it???..." you get what i am trying to say? Its just SWEET and that's about it.. i compared it to bubblegum or cotton candy because both of those are made of complete sugar, just the way this product smells, The product truly lives up to its name "Pink Sugar" . and the smell never dies off....as a matter a fact, it can last a couple days. What i do like about the scent... is after it dies off..which deifies the logic in repurchasing. After about 20 hours of spraying it on myself.. the Crazy sugar rush train ends and a random WARM salted Caramel comes out, that i absolutley LOVE !!!. i cant help but to think "oh if only this bottle smelled like this permanently!" . but alas...it does not... and one more thing. you cannot combine it with another fragrance to try and change it...I.E " lotions, layering, ex...." it will just overpower it and just continue to smell like nothing but pure sugar..
So all in all... this is for someone who purely wants to smell sweet and nothing else. Not for the faint of heart.. i still have like 85%-90% of mine still left after about a year and a half hoping one day, i will have a change of heart and i will learn to love it ..but as of right now..its just to much..

A BAG OF HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!!

i just had to throw that last one in there real quick because, i just remembered that was one of the things i kept comparing the scent to... =P

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is every sugar lover's dream. This smells so sweet and nice and I always hear people say "what smells so good?". Really enjoy it but some might find the smell to be too strong if you are sensitive nose.

on 11/27/2013 4:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Some people say pink sugar smells too sweet but the key to wearing it is to spray or dab a small amount onto yourself. It is very sugary smelling but I love it. I mix it with this Gwen Stefani perfume called "Harijuku Lover Music" that my cousin gave to me a while back. It smells great together and brings the sweetness of pink sugar down a bit. If you think pink sugar is overpowering try toning it down with another perfume. I have no issue with the strength of it, I love that it does not burn your nose when you smell it. I like sweet smelling scents that are light so this works perfect for me.

on 1/13/2012 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

EDIT 2.13.14: I sadly no longer enjoy this scent the way I used to. After moving on to Prada Candy, Hanae Mori Butterfly, and Bond fragrances, this just feels a little one-dimensional. It is still pretty and I stand by my earlier comments but it's not one I will repurchase any time soon.

This is a fragrance that just boils down to individual body chemistry. Yes, initially it has an acrid chemical sharpness that is none too cute.

But if you are someone who wears foody, warm, vanilla scents well, this will probably suit you. When I wear Pink Sugar, it starts with an odd musky licorice note. After an hour or two, I start to smell more of a soft berry scent. By midday, this perfume smells absolutely delicious; reminds me of cotton candy and creme brulee. I expected this to get plastic and chemical-smelling by the end but instead, it mellows out on a delicious caramel note. I wish the end result was what the fragrance smelled like but oh well.

This scent gets a lot of criticism, but that won't stop me from stowing a vial of eau de toilette in my bag if I want to smell ultra-girly.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

Smells absolutely yummy! :D If you like sweet scents like vanilla or cotton candy, then you will LOOOVE this! I get so much compliments on how good I smell when I wear this paired with the Vanilla Bean Noel Lotion from Bath and Body Works. Plus the packaging is super cute. Definitely reccomend! :)

on 8/9/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I've said it before and I'll say it again, fragrance is very personal and what one may love another may hate. I must just be missing out on the allure of the gourmand. Pink Sugar smells exactly like it's name...sugar, like cotton candy. Which...(again, hope I'm not insulting anyone, each to her own) just seems so unsexy and juvenile to me, for myself. On the right person perhaps this could smell bright and cheery, but on me it smells like I rolled around in a bunch of cotton candy. It seems overly young to me, plus a bit cloying. I'll pass. But each to her own.

on 7/2/2010 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

As previous reviewers have mentioned, once you've had a sniff of this, you'll know if it's love or hate - few people waiver in between. Well, bless the lovers, but this is one of my most hated perfumes. It contains notes of musk, vanilla, berries, cotton candy, and a few other sweet and fruity ingredients, making it a fruity-gourmand scent, but one spray of this and all you'll get is sugar, sugar, sugar. Then again, it may be different on each individual, and to each nose.

This perfume has one quality that everyone seems to agree on: it is a sweet fragrance regardless of who wears it. It's the olfactory representation of a bright pink, sparkling Care Bear that dreams of rainbows and skips through the berry fields all day. And, just like a Care Bear, there is no mystery to this fragrance, no surprisingly beautiful and inspired notes that linger hours after you first put it on. The composition feels open and innocent and that may be why many people believe it to be a younger woman's fragrance. If all this makes you happy, then by all means, purchase it at once. However, don't be surprised when you get reactions ranging from "You smell like cupcakes!" to "I suppose you just got back from the Coney Island stale cotton candy stand'. Unfortunately, for my Pink Sugar-loving friends, my comments will always veer towards the latter.

on 5/26/2010 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Absolutely love it!! Deliciously warm and sweet and very gourmand!.

Popular Fragrances