Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.5

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

I find it really amusing that most of the girls here that DON'T like this perfume are the younger 19-24 yr olds, who crave a much more "mature" perfume lol. I actually think it's really lovely and love the cotton candy smell esp for the summer. It may also be bcs I'm not as young as them and as we get older the more we crave for our youth and all things youthful. I'd love to see what they will all say 4-10 yrs from now when they wish they could go back to being 25. lolol.

on 11/22/2005 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

GAH!

After hearing so many positive reviews of this fragrance, and after not finding anything like it in the middle of Illinois, I decided to drive to the Sephora in Indianapolis to finally try and buy this perfume. I originally planned to just buy it online, but a few of the reviews here made me hesitant to do that without first smelling it.

I am so thankful for good sense. I smelled the perfume in the bottle, and I fell in love with it. I sprayed it onto a piece of paper, and I wanted to kiss all of the little dogs in the...neighborhoods next to the mall. I sprayed it onto my wrists, and I almost screamed in disgust.

My boyfriend, bless his heart, tried to make it seem as if it was a decent enough smell on me ("Well, it's not the best one you have, but it's not bad..."), but he kept shooting me looks that exclaimed, "You drove 2 hours to get this crap?!" I'm not exactly sure what happened from the bottle to my skin, but this perfume turned into the most rancid, metallic, nose-hair singeing scent I've ever tried. Sugar? No. Cotton candy? No. Caramel? No. Anything that makes you happy? No.

Instead, I got two wrists that smelled like acrid caramelized sugar soot that had been left in a cast iron skillet to die. Plus, something kept making my nose itch. I immediately ran to the bathroom to wash my wrists, but the danggone stuff was already in my blood or something, as I could still smell it the next day. As time went on, the chomping-on-vitamins smell left, only to be replaced by a smoldering plastic scent that I...I still can't explain it. Like I was stuck in a BIC factory and got too close to the pen molds?

The funniest part? After about 10 hours, part of the perfume turned into the most delicious aroma I'd smelt in a while. The funnier part? The scent was so hard to detect that I had to literally place my wrist next to my nostrils. The plastic scent? Still there.

Please, try this before buying it. When it's good, it's the best thing in many parts of the world. When it's bad, it'll force you to drive 130 miles in 40 degree weather with the windows down.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

What can I say about this perfume that will not be censored? Hmmm...I wear this perfume when I go out and know that I am not- and do not plan on going to bed alone. SOMEONE follows this scent and me everytime I wear it. Men go absolutely crazy when I wear this (even the gay ones). It is sexy, and "smoky" is also the word I was looking for, as another reviewer commented. I detect notes of Cotton-Candy, Sugar, Wood, and Musk. There is a twinge of spice that offsets the sweetness. I do not openly spread the word on PS to females in my locale, b/c I am jealous and want to keep the secret all to myself (sorry, Aqoulina). This scent does not last long on me though; I wonder why it does on others? I am the ultimate femme fatale when I wear this scent; thank you, Aqoulina.

on 3/8/2016 8:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This fragrance is strong, even as an eau de toilette. The scent is burnt sugar/caramel with a vanilla toffee dry down scent. This is not for everyone. I don't particularly care for it. It is overwhelming and heady. I could see this getting someone nauseous or a headache.

I use this on weekends when I get to the gym. This would definitely mask body odor and sweat. I recommend spraying this the air and walking through. If you spray this on your skin, it will be overkill. But if you like attention and loud scents go full speed ahead.

on 12/14/2014 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really enjoy this scent even in my mid 20s! Has a candy sweet scent but a really sexy clean scent that is appealing and is ideal in the summer or fall. This is original to me because most eu de toillettes and body sprays go for more of a musky floral scent but this one makes me smell good enough to eat!!! The price is a bit expensive but the bottle lasts a while. When the perfume dries it blends into your natural body scent... I get compliments every where I go and if I spray this with a more low key scent like dolce and habana light blue... I smell very unique

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I am in love with sweet smelling perfume so when I heard people rave about it i decided to pick it up. When i first smelled it it was overwhelming but i still was attracted. I decided to spritz it on one day and wear it to school BIG mistake. I never get migraines and i had horrible headaches the smell drove me up the wall i had to take my sweater and cover my nose the whole day because i sprayed it on my shirt. It burned my nose and my stomach started to hurt. I have a high pain tolerance but i absolutely could not take it as soon as i got home i took of my shirt threw it in the washer and gave away the perfume to a friend

on 1/10/2012 6:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I got this as a Christmas gift. I tried to like it, but it gave me a headache. I gave it to my twelve year old niece and she is happy.

on 8/18/2010 10:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I'm giving this 3 stars because I like the smell but I can't seem to be able to pull it off. I went through so much trouble to get this after reading all the rave reviews about compliments on this scent- its not available in my country so I had to order it specially. So you see, because of all that trouble I went through, I can't let myself give it away or just put it away. So I came up with my solution: linen and bedroom spray!! May seem like a waste to some but theres nothing wasteful about falling asleep in a room that smells of cotton candy and childhood memories- pleasant dreams are guaranteed :) I do spray this on myself once in a while before bed, especially if my boyfriend has come over. but seriously I cannot spray this on myself during the day and walk out the door. I love cotton candy but it does not suit my style or personality to walk around smelling like it

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Pink Sugar is vanilla, cinnamon, marshmallow, cotton candy flavored scent all wrapped into one. If you love sweet scents, I do recommend it. Comes in a long tube swirly bottle. Its very similar to Delicious Cotton Candy yet PS will last much longer & smells stronger.

on 3/6/2011 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

sugary sweet , like caramel candy . if you like a sweet smell and can handle the sugariness you will LOVE this .
I love this but I can not handle the smell for a very long time .

Popular Fragrances