Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.9

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Wow, 1,401 reviews. I have nothing to add, except the results of some very scientifically viable surveys conducted by me and my colleagues*
Ahem. 4 out of 5 dentists recommend you spray on Pink Sugar instead of sucking on the lollipops they give you. The fifth dentist turned out to be a Russian agent who wanted people to get cavities and diabetes.
Only TWO people out of the something-billion population of China dislike Pink Sugar. It later turned out that these two "people" were actually pandas who had been taught to read & write by eccentric monks. Pandas have a completely different sense of smell from humans, so their votes were ignored.
In our final study, a staggering 70 MILLION Italian male models proposed to a block of wood which had been generously sprayed with Pink Sugar. We had to hit them over the head with it before they realized that it was an inanimate object they had fallen in love with, not Miranda Kerr.
SCIENCE HAS SPOKEN! nothing left to say except i luv it
(*Warning: Reviewer has tendency to be stupid and make up stuff that isn't remotely true).

I had never heard of Aquolina branded perfumes or beauty products until I read the reviews on MUA and was intrigued by the mixed reviews. It's very hard to find here in the UK (I actually don't think they sell it here) so I had to buy it online.

The bottle of Aquolina Pink Sugar is very plainly designed and looks more like a can of impulse deodorant rather than a perfume bottle. The only thing I like about the design of the bottle is the fact that it has what looks like a pink ribbon tied around it; I think that this gives the bottle a more girly and feminine appearance.

As soon as I applied the perfume onto my wrist the first thing I noticed immediately was the licorice note. First time I tried this perfume out the licorice smell was so strong that it was all I could smell for about 10 minutes. It then dried down and had a very sugary fruity scent; I was half expecting the scent to be sweet because of the name of the perfume. The scent from the perfume wasn't too overpowering after it dried down, it was strong but I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was overpowering. I generally like fruity/cotton candy scents, so I also liked this one. I can personally smell Oranges and Blackcurrants in this scent. Now that I've tried it out more than once, I don't really get that licorice scent anymore, maybe only just a 2 second sniff of it and then it's gone.

After approximately 30 minutes the aroma had faded somewhat and was barely identifiable unless I put my nose up to my wrist. The fragrance still had the very sugary sweet aroma although this was accompanied with a very subtle floral undertone which sort of gave the fragrance a little bit of depth. The subtle floral note which I could detect was that of Lillie's, but the floral note of the fragrance is very subtle and barely visible because it is masked by heavier fruitier tones which give the scent an even sweeter scent. The sweeter notes which I could detect were Berries of some sort, like a mix of blueberries, strawberries etc. I actually began to like the fragrance at this point because the berry tones seemed to give the whole fragrance a more uplifting summery aroma.

The scent had died down quite a lot since the top notes had blended with the middle ones, but the scent had a more powdery musky aroma which seemed to give the perfume a much sweeter aroma. At this point I actually thought the perfume smelled good enough to eat because it reminded me of raspberry ripple ice cream. I think that the Musk and Vanilla base notes sort of complimented the Berry middle notes and gave the scent slightly more muskier aroma.

Pink Sugar is described as having:
*Top notes of Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, Fig Leafs and Bergamot
The top notes are scents you can smell as soon as the perfume has been applied. The first smell will normally be the alcohol content of the fragrance which evaporates quickly. The top notes are normally a lot lighter than the other notes which are used to make up the fragrance.
*Middle notes of Lily Blossom, Liquorice, Strawberry and Red fruits
The middle notes are known as the heart of the fragrance and the other notes centre on this layer. The middle notes define the character of the fragrance as it's normally this layer that settles on the skin.
*Base notes of Vanilla, Candy and Musk. The base notes provide a base for the middle notes to linger on. The base notes determine how long a fragrance lasts. As there are only a few notes that last long, the majority of fragrances use the same base notes. The base notes are the ones which last longer than the middle and top notes.

Pink Sugar has somewhat good staying power considering it is an Eau De Toilette fragrance. Eau De Toilette scents are less concentrated than Eau De Parfum and usually last for about 4 or 5 hours on your skin, but this is never the case with me so Pink Sugar lasts about 45mins-2hours depending on how well it decides to last. I was expecting the fragrance to last a longer amount on my skin because it wasn't a really light and airy perfume. If the perfume notes of the scent were a little heavier then this would have made the scent last longer on my skin but then again this would have ruined the fragrance and give it en even more sickly sweet scent. The fragrance notes used in this perfume are nice and I'm pleased with the fruity notes as I generally don't like floral notes too much.

All perfumes smell slightly different on different people, and this is due to us having different oils in our skin. The staying power of a scent also differs from person to person because we have different types of skin oils too. I said in the review that this perfume lasts for about three or four hours on me, but it could last a longer or shorter amount of time on you.

I like the scent of the perfume although it is not one of my favourite scents. I think that Aquolina Pink Sugar falls into the sweet/fruity perfume category. I think that the scent of this perfume will not suit every one and is most probably suited to those who like the sweet fragrances. It's more of a casual wear perfume because of its staying power. I'm not too sure if I would like to buy another bottle of this perfume when I run out because I already have 2 bottles.

on 9/30/2016 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Omg this stuff is so strong. I am not a person who believes in one spray is enough with perfumes. But one spray is enough with this one. Too much has given me a headache and nausea, it's unreal how strong it is. Will definitely offend people so please don't over-do it. Also don't spray near you face it will be all you smell and it will get really annoying. Smells like cotton candy and sugar, very very girly and young. When it's been on a while it kind of smells like marshmellows which is my fav part. Very cozy and a cool weather perfume. Also you get a lot of liquid for the price.

on 3/5/2014 4:07:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I usually go for spicy Orientals and scents with more balance between the sweetness and other aspects of the scent.Lately I have been experimenting with layering fragrances with the hope that the result will be longer lasting than the scents standing by themselves. Pink Sugar wore past all the others and even intensified until I washed it off.
Aquolina's Pink Sugar more than surprised me, it blew me away! I am thrilled to discover just how well crafted this long lasting beauty it truly is. On my skin, I get three notes, but with perfection, truth and clarity. Unlike others, I get no alcohol worth mentioning or any "burnt" sensation from beginning to end. No liquorice. Just a rich, true and delightful cotton candy "straight from the county fair" note resting on a solid, thick creamy vanilla base, and a subtle caramel note in the mix. Uncomplicated yet perfect. A fun, lighthearted scent for the child in us.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

LOL! You ladies right below me are hysterically funny... My German husband thinks me smelling like I've been 'baking in a hot kitchen' all day dead sexy. :D I like Pink Sugar. I rarely wear it in the summer because it can turn cloying and obnoxious on me, but the second the air turns crisp I'm wearing it daily alternating with my Coty Wild Musk as my casual fragrance. My 4 and 5 year old daughters think Pink Sugar is the best second only to TM Angel! If a fragrance smells good on you and it makes you 'feel good in your skin' like the French say, who cares what demographic it is marketed to. Me, I wear whatever the heck makes me happy. So should you. ;0)

on 1/11/2017 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this fragrance!!! I can wear this everyday and every time I wear it I get compliments. Absolutely <3 pink sugar!! It's also a great layering fragrance : )

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I only now started wearing this again. I wore this previously for 3 full years. It was my signature scent for the longest time, anyone who smelled this knew it was me. It brings back a lot of memories... Anyways about the perfume: it'll last you awhile. You don't need a lot of it at all, 2 sprays is okay. I kind of go up to 4 spritzes but on me it doesn't smell strong at all, just gives a really good sillage. However I wait before leaving my house, by the time I've left my house it's already at dry down. Pink Sugar isn't going to smell like flowers or oriental frangrances. It is EXTREMELY sweet. It smells like caramel, vanilla and sugar. Baked goods really. On the initial spray it smells very much like licorice. However on me the licorice smell fades very fast unlike some other reviews that I read. This scent lasts a really long time on me, I don't find myself reapplying this during the day, it's very long lasting on me so although I agree this is expensive, technically speaking you'll be saving money since the bottle will last you so long. I also get a ton of compliments when I wear this, guys really do love it. Forever a favourite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

What a fun, girly fragrance. It's a blast of all things delicious: sugar, cookies, and - of course - cotton candy! The licorice note is enough to tone down the sweetness a bit without being offensive.
It's not a sophisticated smell by any means, but that's exactly what makes it so charming. Pink Sugar is all about being youthful, light-hearted, and fun.
The important thing to remember is that one spritz is enough - Pink Sugar is extremely strong, especially for an EDT! The first time I wore it, I did not realize this, and someone standing quite literally 10 feet away complimented my perfume. So be careful with this stuff! ;)
All in all, it's a wonderful smell that lasts all day and is guaranteed compliments. 5 lippies! :)

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I should probably make it five lipstick-thingys because I wear it basically everyday of the week, but, honestly, (sometimes) it makes me nauseous when I first put it on in the morning. Also, when I get a whiff of it on myself it causes my nose to feel like it's slightly burning if that makes sense. However, at the end of the day, the fragrance is the correct intensity, even if it takes some getting used to at first. After a while, you get immune. If you switch into another perfume and experiment (as I have), you might need to restart the getting-used-to process, but it's worth it because everyone loves it and have claimed I smell like cookies or cotton candy. I have used it for about three year on and off and I always come back and buy this one.

P.S. If you buy on Amazon, make sure you don't get the fake one. If anything, buy from a trustworthy seller/site. Check the reviews and don't get scammed. :)

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love the way this scent smells when someone leaves the room-a warm caramel-vanilla. When I first spray it, I notice a hint of licorice which on my skin actually becomes more like baby powder. The next scent in the drydown is a strong vanilla-baby powder, and it ends in a caramel. I ordered a full bottle because I loved it so much. It smells fresh and sweet to me, but I think people read too much into it. A perfume can enhance your positive qualities, but you shouldn't be embarrassed by the way you smell if you like to smell that way. Unless your odor is pungent, be proud.

Popular Fragrances