Aquolina Pink Sugar

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.8

This is my day go to fragrance. It's a nice sweet, vanilla scent. I get a lot of complements on it. The hair perfume is just as nice, and if you're in a budget it only runs about $13-$15. I generally pick up the perfume at Kohl's when I have Kohl's cash or rewards and usally only have to drop $10 out of pocket. I've seen this a TJmaxx also, however when I sprayed it, smelled like baby powder (maybe it was old or a knock off).

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

So, remember when you were a little kid and you could never get enough sugar, and candy was the best thing of all time ever? And then remember that time some grown-up--maybe a grandparent or a great-aunt or something--offered you a piece of candy and you got all excited...only then to discover that the "candy" in question was actually a plug of some gross rooty old black licorice? Remember how utterly devastating and upsetting that was?

...Yeah. This has got to be the cruellest bait-and-switch in all perfumery.

When you first take a sniff of it in the bottle or the vial, it presents itself as a sweet little riff on ethyl maltol, the "cotton candy" (or "candyfloss" for you Brits out there) aromachemical. It smells great: like spun sugar and carmelized sugar and various vanillaish things and maybe just a bit of red berry. It's a smell that goes straight to whatever part of the limbic system it is that houses your proverbial inner child, and that seems perfectly designed to get that inner child all excited, like a little kid just entering the fairgrounds. Cotton candy! Cotton candy and CARAMEL! Candycandycandycandycandy!!! Yaaaaaay!

Then you make the mistake of spraying it or dabbing some on, and all of a sudden this enormous black licorice and melted plastic hybrid--this unspeakable BEAST--rears up out of nowhere, roaring and rampaging and trampling you underfoot until you're left rocking back and forth, wailing in horror like Nancy Kerrigan after she took one to the knee. "Why? Why??? WHY???!!??"

Seriously, what did they DO to that poor ethyl maltol to make it smell like that? And what could the poor ethyl maltol possibly have done to deserve such treatment?

On the plus side, at least now I know what that black licorice fragrance I've been smelling everywhere for the past couple of years is. It never even occurred to me that it might be Pink Sugar. I'd been assuming that it was, I dunno, Lolita Lempicka or something -- you know, something that is *known* for its licorice note -- because seriously, who would guess that a fragrance called "Pink Sugar" and marketed with all of that pink fluffy cotton candy imagery would actually turn out to smell like a plug of some thick rooty old black licorice? Not I, that's for sure. Crazy old world, innit?

Crazy old world...and a *very* cruel perfume.

on 8/16/2015 11:23:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I don't wear this one for me, it's cloying and seems childish. My nickname for it is "Baby Prostitute".

I love this fragrance because men love it. I only wear it when I have a target in my sights. This stuff begs him to get closer, it makes me smell delicious, edible. And encourages him to eat me up, which is exactly what I want. It lasts about the length of one hot date.

My bisexual ex broke my rollerball of it because I wouldn't lend it to him for a casual sex date with some big hairy guy. What a hag. I broke up with him and bought some more. I am not sharing my mankiller juice with anyone.

on 12/29/2014 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

So I had gotten this for Christmas as I had seen that my friend had worn this perfume a lot, so I was more than willing to buy it for myself because it smelled good on her. It does smell sweet and sugary and it does have that cotton candy-Esque scent to it if you really enjoy that type of smell. Personally, I think the name Pink Sugar is an appropriate name because when you do smell it, that certainly is the Colour that you're thinking of.
Anyway, when I put it on on Christmas Day, I was wrapped in the sweet, sparkling scent of this product. I was also afraid that it wouldn't work with my body's chemistry as I didn't try it on before and had only ever smelled it on my friend once. My mom even said that it smelled really good and sweet so I assumed it was alright.
About a few hours later as we were having Christmas dinner, I noticed that it began to lose its scent on my skin. Now, here's the part that I get confused about: How do you know if a perfume is working well for you? If it loses its scent on your skin, does that mean it's reacted well with your chemistry but you just cannot smell it? Or if you still can smell it whether it smells slightly off or not?
See, I'm new to perfumes and I think that they truly are wonderful and it's amazing how everyone can have different tastes in scents for certain occasions. However, I'm not stupid when it comes to them, as well. I know for a fact that certain chemicals react to people a certain way but I don't think trying on a scent in a department store full of other perfumes is exactly wise, either. The scents will mix.
Anyway, my point is that after eating our mega ultra Canadian Christmas dinner, the scent was gone but at the same time it left a burned sugar smell. My mother said I still smelled fine. I think it's just personal preference. And really, everyone smells themselves before others smell them. Because we all have unique scents and chemical makeups. So if I think I smell different because the scent doesn't exactly smell the same as when I first applied it, doesn't mean others will catch on. Someone should invent a perfume primer or something.
Overall, cute ribbon packaging and wonderful scent. Truly feminine, sweet, sugary, and pink. 3/5 lippies were given due to the fact that the price is very high but I'm glad I can get it at Walmart for $30 CDN, but still, even that's a bit much.
Would recommend it for younger girls, or if you're really into fun, sweet scents!

I looove this. It smells like black licorice for a short amount of time, then starts to smell like cinnamon rolls and vanilla. It is so good. The sillage is decent and the scent lasts for about half a day, fading quite a bit. The only bad thing about this is it makes me crave cake and cinnamon rolls. One of my guy friends asked me what perfume I was wearing, and said I smelled like food but in a good way. I wore it to the strip club once and the dancers kept saying how good I smelled :)

I first bought this 7 years ago from Ulta when I was 16. Either I got a bad bottle, or my body chemistry is different now, because I remember it smelling just like burnt plastic, licorice, and something sour when I sprayed it on. So I hated this for years and I'm happy I can finally enjoy it!

on 11/7/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff. I love all things pink and glittery, and I feel that this perfume fits into that category. It is so intoxicatingly sweet that not everyone is going to love this perfume, but that's okay. Though I have yet to meet a man who does not love the smell of this stuff. Upon first spray I do not like the scent. On me it opens with a strong licorice scent. After twenty minutes or so that subsides and develops into a heavenly burnt sugar that is warm and comforting. I find it is quite long-lasting. By the end of the day it has definitely faded, but its always still there lingering on my skin.

on 9/6/2014 5:06:00 PM

Yes m'am, this stuff is very simply sweet, sweet, sweet. I love it. No, it does not evoke deep, dark, haunting memories, nor sophistication, but does every perfume have to ? I am not sure if it is exactly suitable for work, but definitely for romance if your guy is into sweet scents. The price is great and I think almost all gourmand lovers will want this in their wardrobe. I just hope it doesn't get discontinued, however there are so many good fakes out there that I am not too worried.

on 8/17/2014 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This is one of my favorites. Smells sweet like candy and vanilla, but it is very potent. I have to agree with some people that you have to be careful with how much you spray because it is very strong and if you do too much it will be a BAD thing lol for you and those around you. If I spray too much I can get a head ache, but that goes for any perfume for me. I was surprised to see it was only rated a level 4 on EWG meaning it doesn't have nearly as many bad chemicals in it as other perfumes (I do consider this actually with a lot of fragrances as I am trying to go more natural). It isnt too expensive and the packaging I saved! If you like sweet/food smells and wanna give your boyfriend cavities get this ^___^ <3

on 8/17/2014 2:53:00 AM

okay so ive been wanting this perfume for a while now...and i finally got it!! So now I can give you a review. I am OBSESSED with sweet, warm, and girly smells (I love to smell like candy). I really love this scent because it's sweet, and smells like cotton candy in a more sophisticated type of way. BUT if you don't like sweet smells then this is not for you!! I always get compliments with this, and I am just in love with it. I just hate how expensive it is!! So if you don't wanna pay the price of pink sugar, and when I can't afford to buy this, I have a few dupes that i've found that smell similar. Body fantasies cotton candy, and the VS Pink warm and cozy scent. Try pink sugar out girls!! P.S. Vanessa Hudgens and Ariana Grande wear this perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product is every sugar lover's dream. This smells so sweet and nice and I always hear people say "what smells so good?". Really enjoy it but some might find the smell to be too strong if you are sensitive nose.

Popular Fragrances