Aquolina Pink Sugar

Aquolina Pink Sugar

3.5

on 3/5/2014 4:07:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I usually go for spicy Orientals and scents with more balance between the sweetness and other aspects of the scent.Lately I have been experimenting with layering fragrances with the hope that the result will be longer lasting than the scents standing by themselves. Pink Sugar wore past all the others and even intensified until I washed it off.
Aquolina's Pink Sugar more than surprised me, it blew me away! I am thrilled to discover just how well crafted this long lasting beauty it truly is. On my skin, I get three notes, but with perfection, truth and clarity. Unlike others, I get no alcohol worth mentioning or any "burnt" sensation from beginning to end. No liquorice. Just a rich, true and delightful cotton candy "straight from the county fair" note resting on a solid, thick creamy vanilla base, and a subtle caramel note in the mix. Uncomplicated yet perfect. A fun, lighthearted scent for the child in us.

Eyes: Violet

Oh Gosh how I love the packaging and cute baby pink swirly bottle. So girly and cute that I had to try. I didn't like the way it smelled from the bottle but decided to give it a try to see if it might be compatible with my body chemistry. Smelled like burned cotton candy from the bottle and then on my skin after 2 hours, it smelled like even more burned cotton candy mixed with some chemical. I think it's best for those who love sugary foods to the excess or diabetic individuals that have intense cravings for sweets due to low blood insulin level. It just didn't work out for me. It doesn't smell like a healthy person to me. Too bad cause I loved the perfume bottle.

Eyes: Violet

Love it- smells like a county fair. I'm 26 and I wear it. I wouldn't wear it to a business meeting or anything but on the weekends or out to lunch, it is perfect and fun!

on 1/2/2008 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

I started wearing e-tailer dupes of this product, until a lovely, lovely friend sent me a gift set that included a full-size bottle.

The dupes don't compare. They really don't. They're too peppery/musky.

The real deal is lighter, with more noticeable top notes and a softer, Egyptian-like musk. The cotton candy is nothing to fear, though I imagine it puts many people off when they read the notes. It's not a bit like the cotton candy sprays of yore, when they were sold next to scents like "Gummi Bears" at your local drugstore.

The price is actually quite good at Sephora. The scent is very long-lasting and doesn't morph much on my skin (everything morphs on my skin, really). If I spray it under my hair or on my clothing I can smell 'til either is washed.

The scent is genre-spanning. It's sweet, sure. But I wouldn't say gourmand, as it's also sexy (musk, pepper) and fresh (citrus). It's not too little-girl for me, and I typically like perfumes like Chanel No. 5 and dark scents such as Arcana's more Gothic perfume oils.

When I run out, I will repurchase, though I won't run out for awhile.

A word on packaging...the cardboard tube it comes in is handy for travel, but the bottle itself? The metallic criss-cross design rubs off quickly, which is a bit disappointing.

Popular Fragrances